Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Does you remember Elizabeth "Liz" Foster Brooks (Jill's Mother)?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JR2463
    Senior Board Member
    • Mar 2011

Does you remember Elizabeth "Liz" Foster Brooks (Jill's Mother)?

Any long time viewers remember Julianna McCarthy as Elizabeth "Liz" Foster Brooks from way back in the day on The Young and The Restless? I was watching old episodes of The Young and The Restless in order to get a bit of history regarding the tormentous relationship between Diane and Phyllis which was really very interesting and enlightening to watch and to see Liz Brooks in some of those episodes brought back memories for me of the forgotten extremely talented actors. Of course, the actress, Julianna McCarthy has since retired but from what I recall Jill is Liz's adopted daughter. I used to really appreciate Julianna McCarthy when she was part of the cast of The Young and The Restless way back in the day but I wasn't an early viewer of The Young and The Restless during that time. Anyone want to add additional input on Elizabeth "Liz" Foster Brooks regarding your perspective regarding storylines entailing additional insight into her character?
  • MarineMom
    Senior Board Member
    • Jun 2006

I forgot Jill was Snapper's sister!

Comment

• Penelope P
      Penelope P commented
      Editing a comment
      I loved Snapper...sigh
  • Angeldar
    Soap Addict
    • Aug 2011

Last time they had Snapper and Greg, it was the originals, can't remember their names unless I look it up, but I liked David Hasselhoff and the second Greg the best..can't remember his name either. They were brothers but since storylines changed them, they are not her brothers, Jill was adopted.. Liz Foster passed away with a brain tumour. She told Jill about being adopted just before that. I always hoped that this was not true, that Liz was mixed up when she told Jill the story, but I guess not, it has never changed.

Comment

• Juniors farm
      Senior Board Member
      • Feb 2016

I absolutely loved Elizabeth Jills mom Liz was so talented and was always telling Jill to stop trying to be something your life and that money was not everything . Love her brings back great memories . Snapper ,Gregg foster and the brooks family was awesome back then . Thanks for the memories . :-)
      Last edited by Juniors farm; March 5, 2023, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• lostallmyinfo12
        Day Player
        • Aug 2020

I loved Liz and could relate to her , she was hard working and down to earth, Like my mom. She always had great advise and never tried to be what she wasnt unlike Jill. The show had a nice juxtaposition between the haves and the have nots. The Brooks girls dad Stuart worked for the newspaper I think he was editor and they had advantages and a beautiful home. The Fosters held several jobs just to make ends meet and lived in modest surroundings. It was great. And of course there were the Chancelors who were corporate money.

Comment

• eileenregina
          eileenregina commented
          Editing a comment
          I remember Liz Foster and Kay Chancellor developing a close friendship when Liz worked for her. She was really angry at Jill when she got involved with Philip Chancellor, Kay's husband.
      • Teaday13
        Contract Poster
        • May 2019

she was wonderful, was like real family life and mostly wearing her apron. She use to call Jill ' girl '. Loved her family times. That's part of what got ya hooked in.

Comment

• jpa777
          Soap Addict
          • Feb 2013

Yes. She called Jill “Daughter” and one time she made Jill scrub the steps after she had to move back home for some reason. Liz would tell Jill to stop chasing after that pipe dream of marryin’ John Abbott. Jill’s mama was a no-nonsense hard workin’ woman who struggled to make ends meet. “Daughter” worked in a beauty salon to help put Greg and Snapper through their schoolin’ .. Snapper was to be a Doctor and Greg a Lawyer. ….Sadly, years later LIz would die but the actress lives on into her 90’s in real life.

Comment

• Jerze
            Executive Poster
            • Jun 2006

Oh yes. I remember her and the Foster Family. I very much enjoyed their portrayals of a working class family. IMO that's what's missing from Y&R today - not enough regular folks.

As for the boys, the first Snapper was oh my, I liked David H well enough but William Gray Espy was - honey hush.
            Last edited by Jerze; March 5, 2023, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• AdamGotYourBack
              AdamGotYourBack commented
              Editing a comment
              I adored Julianna McCarthy's Liz Foster. She was a no nonsense, salt of the earth woman who saw life as it was. And her late in life romance with Robert Colbert's Stuart Brooks still makes me smile forty-plus years later. And@Jerze, you are right about William Gray Espy's Snapper Foster. The man had talent, charisma and a body made for sin. He and Shemar Moore are the two sexiest men to ever grace The Young And The Restless. But Jamie Lynn Bauer's (Lorie Brooks) shower scene with the up and coming Tom Selleck (jed Andrews) may be the hottest love scene in daytime history. WHEW!!!
          • eileenregina
            Soap Addict
            • Jun 2011

Yes I do. When the show first came on and it centered around the Brooks sisters and Jill's family I watched it every day. That was when the Young in the title made sense.

Comment

• ArizonaMimi
              Recurring Poster
              • Jun 2012

Ahhhhh yes, I remember Liz Foster and family very well. I started watching in the late '70's.... boy, those were the days of amazing writing!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X