• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dari1987
    Board Regular
    • Dec 2022

Nick to the rescue. (again) why not just call 911, Sally? ~sigh~

come on now, Sally... We are women of the 2000's, so why can't she do things for her own self? As if you can't call Dr. Chandler or maybe 911, BEFORE calling Nick? Why would does a man, (NICK) have to tell you to call the doctor? SMDH

Nick always rushing to her, so silly jmo

i.e.,

Sally has a belly ache. Nick to the rescue.

Sally, in more recent time, is "again stressed over Big-Bad Adam, her ex, so there goes Nick, ready to comfort/be there for her."

Sally can't sleep.
    There goes Nick, to the rescue.(like usual)

Sally has a headache...

Nick to the rescue.

Then, (today) we see that Sally thinking something is um "wrong" with her baby in the womb,
    and there goes Nick, leaving his job that he is barely at lately, and rushing again to help Sally. . . sigh.
    Last edited by Dari1987; March 3, 2023, 12:36 PM.
  • perky7kc
    Scriptwriter
    • Apr 2006

I’m so sick of even looking at them and I was a Sally fan. Now he’s trying to fill her head with bad Adam crap. Please make them go away. MG deserves a better story than this, please let Adam find a new love.

Comment

• YDoIStillWatch
      YDoIStillWatch commented
      Editing a comment
      Nick and his bad Adam crap is why Sally's blood pressure is high. Why she is getting headaches. Why she is tense. Good grief Nick you are not the baby's father so yes Adam will be interrupting. But don't worry if something happens and Sally loses the baby you can blame Adam and have Sally all to yourself.
      Last edited by YDoIStillWatch; March 3, 2023, 12:48 PM.
  • kimmieg
    Recurring Poster
    • Aug 2011

All this fuss about a baby that probably won't survive. Sally may lose it and lie about it. ON B&B she lied to Wyatt about having a terminal illness. It would be just like her to lie.

Comment

• taramartin
      taramartin commented
      Editing a comment
      Like all of them.

• Silentfan
      Silentfan commented
      Editing a comment
      What would be the reason though? if it was Nick, then you may have a point, but it's Adam's
  • Dari1987
    Board Regular
    • Dec 2022

Originally posted by perky7kc View Post
    I’m so sick of even looking at them and I was a Sally fan. Now he’s trying to fill her head with bad Adam crap. Please make them go away. MG deserves a better story than this, please let Adam find a new love.

ha ha yep. Perky hi again, it is so silly, how EACH time, we see her as like this Helpless bird, who cannot fly,
    and she is not that.
    -
    I just don't like it. UGH. then seeing Nick again rush on over Really?

NICK has to tell her grown lady to call a doctor, seriously?

Perk:

Aren't u just tired of it, i look at them like this > > > I said, "why oh why, must we, soap fans endure this mess. I guess we love the soap so much, we shall continue to watch, hoping it gets better LOL
    Last edited by Dari1987; March 3, 2023, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• Dari1987
      Board Regular
      • Dec 2022

Originally posted by kimmieg View Post
      All this fuss about a baby that probably won't survive. Sally may lose it and lie about it. ON B&B she lied to Wyatt about having a terminal illness. It would be just like her to lie.

LOL Kim oh yea! you are right, she sure did lie to Wyatt lol yyyep. lol

I know! right, kimnie, ugh! as soon as i seen her, sitting like that, and also to learn she been only eating at times "CASHEWS?" what? you're eating for two now, Sally.

ugh! just let Adam please! find a new Love, because i am so tired of Sally, luckily i got a great sense of humour, i can laugh, rather than get angry. and as far as Nick,

needing to tell her, Call the doctor! Seriously? I just laughed,then turned to see what else is on, on my day off, horrible scene.

Comment

• DallasGal
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jun 2008

I cannot stand these two. Adam needs to run very fast in the opposite direction from Sally.

Comment

• Angeldar
          Soap Addict
          • Aug 2011

I'm sick of it too. I actually thought she might be on the verge of a miscarriage so I watched it with anticipation. But, once again, another letdown. I guess if she does miscarry, it wall have to be the most dramatic thing to hit Y&R. Can't wait.

Comment

• MsMalin
            MsMalin commented
            Editing a comment
            Never in my life have I wished a miscarriage on someone, yet here I am now wishing one on her. I too thought that was where it was leading and was disappointed. Good Lord, I had migraines at least 15 days a month for 40 years and never asked hubby to rush home.

• catster
            catster commented
            Editing a comment
            I want her to miscarry too and I don't care if it seems bad to wish a fictional character bad things. LOL I wish lots of bad things to happen to the characters I hate.. and Sally is at the top of the list.
        • thecourt99
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jun 2008

I am confused by the issue here.

Is the problem that Nick is showing up when Sally calls? So no one wants Nick to be a responsive partner to Sally? Is Nick supposed to just tell her to deal with it herself?

Is the problem that Sally calls Nick for everything? If so...do you see her as needy? I'd assume that any first time mother would be a bit more jumpy about things, especially if they have a lot of stress in their life.

Or is the problem that she doesn't call Adam?

Comment

• Jerze
            Jerze commented
            Editing a comment
            I am not and do not anticipate ever wanting Adam and Sally to be together. That doesn't make me like the Nick and Sally non-coupling. Nick's father protector macho act is what gets on my nerves.

I'd prefer that she go to New York for awhile and spend some time with her family. She isn't even showing so it shouldn't be a big deal.

• alwayshuntress
            alwayshuntress commented
            Editing a comment
            thecourt99 I agree with everything you said.

I don't see a problem here. <3

• alwayshuntress
            alwayshuntress commented
            Editing a comment
            Angeldar She said she had a handful of nuts that evening because she was NAUSEOUS. She had normal food for both meals beforehand. Nausea and headaches happen in pregnancy but if you're not used to one or both of those, as a first-time parent, it can be worrisome - especially when being told your blood pressure is higher than the doctor would like.

The doctor did exactly what a doctor is supposed to do with a first time mom - calm her down and tell her what about and when to be worried. Nothing out of the ordinary happened with Sally or Nick's response.
        • DOOM
          Senior Board Member
          • Jun 2018

I don’t have a problem with her calling Nick. I have a problem having to listen to someone talk about their high blood pressure or what they ate. This isn’t entertaining TV.

Comment

• DallasGal
            DallasGal commented
            Editing a comment
            Exactly! These two are so dull.

Nick tells Sally that she will be an amazing mother but she fails to do something very easy - take the vitamins. But, this is how she got pregnant in the first place by not being responsible for taking that other little pill.
        • CincyLady
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by perky7kc View Post
          I am also a Sally fan but it's really trying my patience with Nick in every scene with her. What are the writers doing with this pair? Why can't they find another story/woman for Nick since they obviously want to feature him. Apparently they don't like or know how to write good drama with business situations (I'm ignoring Devon's stuff) - or flirty affairs - anything besides the crap they're writing for Sally with two brothers.

Comment

• xoregonian
            xoregonian commented
            Editing a comment
            Someone said JM/Nick is really enjoying being the obstacle to Sally and Adam getting back together. He was having fun keeping them apart as long as possible. I have to wonder if they will ever put Sally back with Adam, but JM makes it sound like it might happen eventually.

• CincyLady
            CincyLady commented
            Editing a comment
            And I'm not surprised he is enjoying it - this gives him a big sl and lots of air time.

• catster
            catster commented
            Editing a comment
            I wonder if JM is still enjoying it.. his character is taking a beating.. I have never seen such nick hate... even after he cheated on Sharon after Cassie I only saw Phyllis hate.. but this story has the Nick hate front and center.. I wonder if JM expected that... this story is so gross I can't see myself ever liking Nick again and he always got a free pass from me.. those dimples.. now those dimples do nothing for me.
        • Cotagesoap25
          Scriptwriter
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by thecourt99 View Post
          I am confused by the issue here.

Is the problem that Nick is showing up when Sally calls? So no one wants Nick to be a responsive partner to Sally? Is Nick supposed to just tell her to deal with it herself?

Is the problem that Sally calls Nick for everything? If so...do you see her as needy? I'd assume that any first time mother would be a bit more jumpy about things, especially if they have a lot of stress in their life.

Or is the problem that she doesn't call Adam?
          Well, I think the issue with many of us is that we have strong feelings about Sally and Nick as a couple. We don't WANT them to be a couple, because their relationship to us is kind of nasty, cheap, and shallow. But, because they ARE a couple, it is "natural" for Sally to call Nick if she is worried about the baby, even though Nick is not the father. Her calling Nick is not necessarily wrong. But we feel the COUPLE is wrong. The PAIRING is wrong. For many of us they are simply cringeworthy. If Nick and Sally were not a couple, we would not have to see this nonsense. For those who like them, though, believe it or not, I do understand it, liking them. But so many DON'T want this pairing.

Comment

• Jerze
            Jerze commented
            Editing a comment
            You got that right. This pairing is a notch and that's just a notch up from her and Jack. Make it stop.

• soapy4life
            soapy4life commented
            Editing a comment
            Very well written. I don't care for Nick and Sally as a couple at all, but loved Sally and Adam, so that will always color my perceptions! Sally actually has been more understanding and kinder to Adam than Nick. She has no reason to hate him. Nick is just a neanderthal. He needs to get over himself and stop badmouthing Adam. I am glad Sally called him on that today.

• CincyLady
            CincyLady commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't care whether Nick says he loves her or not - she doesn't 'love' him and one-way love doesn't work. He should have kissed her goodbye when he found out Adam was the father and let Adam have 'baby' responsibility.
        • Cotagesoap25
          Scriptwriter
          • Nov 2012

I agree with the OP. Watching Nick drop everything and run over to Sally's room immediately felt like hearing fingernails scraping across a blackboard. It was yet another eyerolling moment with this pair. I suppose the writers want we the viewers to feel alarm and urgency over the possibility that Sally might lose the baby. They want US to want the baby to be born, and I think they also want us to WANT SALLY to be with Nick. Most of us don't. Everything about the writing for this story SCREAMS that they are trying to sell the couple to the masses. And the more this is forced, the more unpopular this pairing becomes. When Adam showed up at the room, I felt badly for him, because you could see he was there out of concern and because he was thinking about his child. And Nick had to chime in, influencing Sally about whether or not Adam should be "involved" in the pregnancy. Oh, but as Nick said to Sally, it is "my job to worry."

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Comment

• kileyjae
            Contract Poster
            • Jun 2007

I am just so disappointed.

I really liked Sally when she arrived in GC. (Never watched B&B) She was a woman who knew what she wanted and went after it. She just came across as a strong, independent woman.

Since she's been hooked up with Nicholas, she has become whiny and clingy. Her self confidence and self esteem seemed to just have plummeted. She's like a former shell of herself.

Maybe this was how she was on B&B? But, since I haven't liked Nick in years, I'm blaming him. 🙂

Comment

• Sassychic
              Sassychic commented
              Editing a comment
              Sally is a shadow of herself. Sally was fierce on B&B a bit misguided at times unlike her whiny Y&R persona.

• sneekee1
              sneekee1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sally was whinny at the end on B7B when she was lying to Wyatt to keep him from leaving her. Sally hadn't been bold for a long time. No on Y&R she acts as if she doesn't have any family. She never mentions her aunt or her sister. Just terrible writing.

• catster
              catster commented
              Editing a comment
              I never saw anything good with the Sally character.. she came in all jealous of Summer and did whatever she could to steal her job.. she was sneaky and nasty.. now she is whiny and nasty.
          • NolaAnn
            Contract Poster
            • Jul 2011

Everything about Sally& Nick is vomit inducing! And the way they treat Adam is just wrong. Who could possibly like this couple! I wish Adam would just walk Way from them both and dont look back. And dumb, slutty Sally who can't be bothered to even take her prenatal vitamins , less alone eat, deserves to loose that baby.. I hope she does.

Comment

• MsMalin
              Senior Board Member
              • Aug 2018

Did Sally's headache affect her brain? First, so what??? A headache and she thinks something is wrong? She had better start reading up on pregnancy and what to expect and spend less time in bed with Nick. They are writing her as an imbecile.

Comment

• alwayshuntress
                alwayshuntress commented
                Editing a comment
                As someone who had high blood pressure during a pregnancy (that ended badly), I also was calling my doctor about headaches that seemed weird (even though I've had headaches and migraines since I was 11). I heard "high blood-pressure" and was on alert for symptoms.

Like Sally, I was a first-time mom-to-be and the bio father and I were not together. I empathize a great deal with what she is going through.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X