• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • perky7kc
    Scriptwriter
    • Apr 2006

Devon is like a petulant child

He can use any means to go after someone but don’t let someone go after him, he’ll start stomping his feet and throwing the guilt trip at you. He didn’t care how Chance felt when he went after his son. He didn’t care about throwing Lily in jail for an accident. He signs contracts and thinks just because he wants something or doesn’t want something people should let him have it. He hurt Nate and took away his profession and doesn’t care but he can do the same thing Nate did and it’s okay. He is an entitled brat and I don’t think Neil would be proud of him (didn’t he also sleep with Neil’s wife). I notice Victor hasn’t gotten in his face like he did Chance’s about ruining his daughters marriage. Even Jill hasn’t been allowed to say anything about what he did to her grandson’s marriage. Devon is like Nick, people aren’t allowed to point out their flaws, they’re perfect didn’t you know. I hope Jill takes him down. BTW this is not Lily’s company, it’s Jill’s, so regardless of how Lily feels it’s really not her decision.
  • dedicatedsoaper
    Contract Poster
    • Apr 2013

I was against Devon for the Dom situation and I don't even care about Abby/Chance any longer, but in this case, I am team Devon and hope he gets his company back.

Comment

• thecourt99
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jun 2008

Your last sentence is why this whole thing is so ridiculous. Lily is fighting for Jill's company. The company that Jill owns because Devon gave her the money for it.

That's it. In a nutshell.

Devon has said over and over again it's personal, but because he wants the family to keep control of the family legacy.
      Lily believes that going public will allow the family to retain control, even though she's seen how it can go awry. But Lily is about the money.

Now Lily makes it personal in a dirty way, by hiring Amanda.

I want Lily to admit that she's jealous that Neil created the company with Devon and not her...and keep it moving.

Comment

• henyvo02
        henyvo02 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree totally Lily is not fighting for the family legacy she is fighting to destroy it all for Jill and a company she has no ownership in does she really think Neil would be proud of her for that

• Amethyst57
        Amethyst57 commented
        Editing a comment
        henyvo02 Then she turns around and makes it personal...bring up Devon's biological father (Tucker) and Devon's son (Dom) because they are here, in GC, while playing the victim because Malcolm is not around and her children are living their own lives. Funny how a certain mother gets bashed for being in her children's lives while other mothers abandon, ignore or just don't bother to reach out to their kids. Lily can always pick up the phone and call Malcolm, her biological father and reach out to her kids at any time...hell, she barely mentions her kids at all...so she can miss me with that sob story about her life. Neil is rolling over in his grave, I'm team Devon on this one...its about family and the family business (legacy) should remain in the family. Did Jill forget, it was Devon that gave her the money to purchase Chancellor?...now she wants to stab him in the back and keep his company? ok
    • littleliz
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Nov 2016

He is annoying most of the time. Being a billionaire made
      him have a feeling of too much power. Family should
      come first.

Comment

• littleliz
        littleliz commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree but it is the way he expresses his wishes to his sister.

• zenmaster5
        zenmaster5 commented
        Editing a comment
        " Lily is fighting for the Chancellor family. Devon is fighting for the Winters family."
        That is such a true statement from thecourt99. I didn't even see it like that until I read it here.

• Leanna Love
        Leanna Love commented
        Editing a comment
        And this is why the merger was such a stupid idea to start with. Why would Devon (or Lily for that matter) agree to having their late father's company to be gobbled up by Chancellor? It seems as though both of them would've wanted their father's legacy to remain on its own, not to merge with another company that would take away its autonomy. As thecourt99 commented, "Lily is fighting to retain a company that has zero Winters family ownership." Lily could lose her CEO position at any time and Neil's legacy could be out of Devon's AND her control forever.
    • soapfiction
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Mar 2012

Lily is making it personal by hiring Amanda….she ain’t slick. I want Devon to win because I want Hamilton/Winters to stand as a legacy, and I’m not sure that will happen with a company that’s public. Lily keeps going on about him signing a contract and he did after she pretty much promised Winters/Hamilton would flourish. Since then Nate has attempted to sell them out and I think Devon saw Lily couldn’t guarantee her promises regarding Winters/Hamilton. Let’s not forget without Devon’s loaning money, Jill wouldn’t have Chancellor.
      Last edited by soapfiction; March 2, 2023, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• ShesAllThat
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Mar 2004

OP is wrong - Lily is the petulant child! point.blank.period. she has some nerve trying to insist that devon do what she wants with HIS company. she always makes me sick!

Comment

• Good Kitty
          Good Kitty commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually my vote for “petulant child” goes to Jill who sits up semi-retired in a penthouse apartment half a continent away and who doesn’t have the decency or respect for Devon, who is at least as wealthy as if not wealthier than she, to meet with him face to face to discuss their differences.

• Brienne
          Brienne commented
          Editing a comment
          You make a great point, Good Kitty, maybe Devon should just go for an outright hostile takeover for the whole kit and caboodle 😄😄

• zenmaster5
          zenmaster5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good Kitty is so right! Jill uses Lily to go to battle with Devon when she herself is the one who should be talking to Devon since this is her decision! To me that's weakness on Jill's part.

Brienne, I love your idea of a hostile takeover by Devon for the entire company.
      • bluejazz
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Aug 2008

I just said in another thread that Lily is in the exact position that Neil was when he worked for NE. Yet she thinks she's out of Neil's shadow even though she's selling off the business autonomy that Neil wanted and achieved.

She's purposefully deluding herself.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jan 2014

No one seems to be able to do anything with Devon, except his Baby Mama Abbey. When she told Lilly and him off at Society, and led him away to buy
          diapers, he was like a kid whose Mommy took him home after the principal suspended him.

Comment

• zenmaster5
            zenmaster5 commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh wow! good to see you back @Rubythroat1.. this is the first time I'm seeing you back after awhile which is nice.

• Omnicience
            Omnicience commented
            Editing a comment
            Rubythroat1 I am also happy to see you back here!

• Rubythroat1
            Rubythroat1 commented
            Editing a comment
            zenmaster5 and Omnicience - thanks.
        • terrence143
          Recurring Poster
          • Apr 2012

I completely support Lily on this Devon is acting like a spoiled brat. Everything has to be his way. He rejected everything that Nate proposed and now when Lily doesn’t agree he throws a fit and how dare he. He has no right to be upset about Amanda being the lawyer. Devon has driven me crazy since the baby Dom paternity issues. I am team Lily all the way.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
            Rubythroat1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too...on all counts.
        • jenroj
          Senior Board Member
          • Feb 2022

I'm team Devon all the way on this. Lily is talking about protecting what she built. What exactly would that be? Like many others have stated, this is Jill's company. She serves at Jill's pleasure and can be fired at the drop of a hat. It's totally ridiculous.

Comment

• henyvo02
            henyvo02 commented
            Editing a comment
            I know Lily talking about what she built made me laugh what exactly did she build she did not build Chancellor and Devon and Neil built Hamilton Winters

• Jerze
            Jerze commented
            Editing a comment
            Lily is deluded.
        • thecourt99
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jun 2008

He signed a contract for a merger. He was outvoted as it relates to going public.

I find it difficult to argue that he signed a contract, when the contract that he signed had an out clause per previous dialogue. Just because the writers aren't mentioning it anymore, doesn't mean that I will forget that it happened.

Comment

• Good Kitty
            Good Kitty commented
            Editing a comment
            Amanda is good at putting those out clauses in her contracts. She wrote one in the Devon/Abby surrogacy agreement too in which Devon did not completely give up having a relationship with Dom which everyone forgets about.

• YDoIStillWatch
            YDoIStillWatch commented
            Editing a comment
            It is interesting this hasn't been mentioned again since talk of the IPO.

Lily is confident Amanda will get her out of this but if Amanda was looking out for Devon and included this clause, then it should come up again. Will Amanda put her personal feelings aside during this process? Or will she come up with a way to void the clause for Lily? More importantly will Christine catch it and use it?

• Jerze
            Jerze commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree. Amanda is too smart to have left such an important clause out of a contract.
        • OrangeBlossom
          Recurring Poster
          • Oct 2021

Devon and his God complex is old. What was that running out of diapers excuse from Abby when did rich people let their kids run out of diapers or anything else they need.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
            Rubythroat1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good point OrangeBlossom. Abbey has turned into Devon's new keeper.
        • LoveVillians
          Senior Board Member
          • Mar 2009

I'm team Devon. Maybe Lilly can go public -- Devon buys up all the stock and now he is the majority owner. Devon did sign the contract; however, he didn't agree to go public. If Jill wanted the company to go public, she should have been up front with him.

Comment

• zenmaster5
            zenmaster5 commented
            Editing a comment
            I like this idea very much.. Jill would lose her mind! I think Jill knew if she was up front with Devon about wanting to take the company public, HW would still be in the hands of Devon and not a part of Chancellor Industries.
        • Dari1987
          Board Regular
          • Dec 2022

Originally posted by perky7kc View Post
          He can use any means to go after someone but don’t let someone go after him, he’ll start stomping his feet and throwing the guilt trip at you. He didn’t care how Chance felt when he went after his son. He didn’t care about throwing Lily in jail for an accident. He signs contracts and thinks just because he wants something or doesn’t want something people should let him have it. He hurt Nate and took away his profession and doesn’t care but he can do the same thing Nate did and it’s okay. He is an entitled brat and I don’t think Neil would be proud of him (didn’t he also sleep with Neil’s wife). I notice Victor hasn’t gotten in his face like he did Chance’s about ruining his daughters marriage. Even Jill hasn’t been allowed to say anything about what he did to her grandson’s marriage. Devon is like Nick, people aren’t allowed to point out their flaws, they’re perfect didn’t you know. I hope Jill takes him down. BTW this is not Lily’s company, it’s Jill’s, so regardless of how Lily feels it’s really not her decision.
          ugh. i am so sick of him, been saying it, just no interest in him, period. I

had to highlight and lol what you're saying about him and yes! yep, nick lol

I am tired of him a while now, and love the actor though since the VERY cute adorable lil Richie (Aunt Rachel son) on Family Matters.

But he make me roll the eyes, more than lately, with his recent SL and per Abby scene. 1/2 of the time, I'm looking at him per scene lately,
          like this > > >

Comment

• Sunshine_111
            Board Regular
            • Nov 2011

I like Devon and I hope he gets his company back.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X