20.90%
    I see both sides
    6.72%
    Don't care either way
    6.72%
  • Cotagesoap25
    Scriptwriter
    • Nov 2012

I don't really care either way . . . . . but at this point, I vote for Lily. Mainly because I just can't feel any great love, admiration, or caring, for Devon.

Comment

• Penelope P
      Penelope P commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto! Your took the words right out of my mouth
  • TunerEyes
    Soap Addict
    • Dec 2014

While Devon clearly made it known that he was against the merger from the beginning, I thought he had made an agreement with Lily at the time he acquiesced to merge (what that wasn’t in the contract?) that they could reverse that decision if he wasn’t happy. I’m sure Lily remembers that but shame on Devon if it wasn’t in writing given how strongly he felt about it.

I’m kind of rooting for Devon because he was outspoken about this, and his business judgment about Nate and CW going public I think was spot on. I think if there wasn’t a buy back provision in their contract then CW wins on this however. I think Lily is more concerned with pleasing Jill than caring to do the right thing with Devon.

Comment

• thecourt99
      thecourt99 commented
      Editing a comment
      That did happen. It was also true that Devon and Jill had equal ownership. TPTB rewrote all of it like it didn't happen.
  • Jerze
    Executive Poster
    • Jun 2006

I voted Devon but it's really Devon against Team Jill with Lily as quarterback. The IPO is Jill's ideas.

I didn't like hearing that Devon might lose. I want him to win the suit and to walk away with his and Neil's company intact. If Jill continues with the IPO I hope that Chancellor lands in good hands because I doubt if it will stay in Jill's for very long and Lily will be out on her behind.

Comment

• Sara_in_BC
      Sara_in_BC commented
      Editing a comment
      Lily can refuse to go against her brother. Jill could proceed letting Lily take herself out of the battle.

• Jerze
      Jerze commented
      Editing a comment
      Except Lily is all in and fighting as if Chancellor is her own company. She is essentially fighting for a job and I find that sad. Considering the epic fails with Nate, Audra and now Devon wanting to divest, if I were Jill I would fire her. Nothing personal just business.
  • kha
    Scriptwriter
    • Mar 2004

I can understand Devon's anger over Lily and Jill never considering his position against taking the company public. I thought they were wrong to do that. Then they persisted after everything went kablooey with Nate.

So, although I hated Devon during the baby snatch SL, I'm Team Devon on this issue.

Comment

• perky7kc
      Scriptwriter
      • Apr 2006

I’m Texan Lily/Jill because he once again signed a contract and it means nothing to him,he did the same thing with Dom. He’s a businessman and I’m sure that there were people who did business with him and didn’t like something and I doubt he would just let them out of their contract because he knows it all and believes he’s always right. If he wasn’t going to abide by the contract he shouldn’t have gone into business with them, things always come up with businesses and I’m guessing he didn’t put an out clause in the contract.
      As for Lily, this isn’t really her choice, she works for Jill so I don’t know if she said to let him out if Jill would.

Comment

• Mariko
        Mariko commented
        Editing a comment
        This EXACTLY. It's all about Devon getting butt-hurt because they made a decision he didn't like, now he thinks he should be able to take his toys and go home. But, it doesn't work that way with contracts.

• henyvo02
        henyvo02 commented
        Editing a comment
        It is Lilys choice she has a vote in the IPO and she chose to side with Jill instead of Devon and if there is not an out clause in the contract then it is a rewrite because it was there when they signed it and Lily promised Devon that if anything happened that would ruin their relationship she would step down and Jill had him sign the contract under false pretenses she knew all along she wanted to go public it did not just pop into her head shortly after the merger

• jett626
        jett626 commented
        Editing a comment
        So sick of Devon. He DID sign a contract but once again when things don't go His Way he wants to jump ship. He would be Awful to be in business with, Nate should feel lucky he is away from that control freak. He really is Not a good businessman!!
    • catster
      Board Regular
      • Sep 2020

I don't want to be but Team Devon

Comment

• Sunshine_111
        Board Regular
        • Nov 2011

Team Devon, clearly!

Comment

• cindy A
          Lurking in the Shadows
          • Feb 2023

I wish Devon would work with another Lawyer like Michael.....two sharks

Comment

• zenmaster5
            Soap Addict
            • May 2017

Team Devon all the way! I do remember that clause or agreement that was made when Amanda was the Attorney for Devon, that if Devon wasn't happy about the merger that he could reverse the agreement. I don't know if it was in writing either, but you would think Amanda being the tough great attorney she is that something like that would of been written into the contract! I hope this comes into play if they go to trial.

I also didn't like hearing Tucker say what he said today about looking into merger and that it's a good chance Devon will lose.. I don't want this to happen because then Neil's legacy dies and the company will be in hands of investors who could care less about HW. This company needs to stand. Not even acquiring McCall Unlimited is a good consolation prize at the expense of HW demise for me.

Comment

• CloverLeaf
              Scriptwriter
              • Jul 2017

Was that an omen Tucker saying he doesnt think Devon will win his law suit to regain HW?

If Devon does acquire McCall Unlimited, I'd love it if he manages to turn the music division of McCall into a powerhouse that outdoes both CW and NE. I'd love for both Victoria and Jill/Lily to be taken down a peg. That would be great to see on the one hand, but on the other hand, I don't think Devon deserves a win either.

Comment

• LoveVillians
                LoveVillians commented
                Editing a comment
                Wouldn't it also be great if Devon buys a bunch of shares and becomes major shareholder of CW. That would be a twist.

• henyvo02
                henyvo02 commented
                Editing a comment
                LoveVillians That is what I am hoping for as well
            • Mefisto
              Board Regular
              • Sep 2022

Devon always seems to come out on top. I hate the character. He was so cruel and vicious to Lily and her kids after the car accident that killed Hilary. He got billions for doing nothing. Now it appears he's going to get McCall Unlimited.

Comment

• henyvo02
                henyvo02 commented
                Editing a comment
                Lily killed his wife and unborn child how in the blazes was he supposed to feel and billions for nothing really you can say that about most of GC let me see Jack ,Ashley ,Billy, Nick ,Victoria ,Abby, Chance ,Adam ,Kyle

• Mefisto
                Mefisto commented
                Editing a comment
                It was an accident. My goodness! The entitlement of this character is insane. And now Ashley is being used as a Devon prop to keep him on top. What a joke.
            • CouchCruisin'
              Executive Poster
              • May 2014

Team Devon, without a doubt!
              Lily and Jill ignoring the fact that Devon was against an IPO doesn't make what they are doing right.
              They set him up and I hope Christine takes some 'get it right' pills and they destroy them.
              This should be the case that Amanda loses.

Comment

• catster
                catster commented
                Editing a comment
                Lily and Jill are literally making me feel ill. I hate being team Devon but I sure am team devon
            • tv_junkie_123
              Recurring Poster
              • Mar 2004

Team Devon, but I want him to lose the case.

If Devon wins then Lily will hold it over his head forever that he stole this oppurtunity from her

I would rather Lily and Jill win and have this IPO blow up in their face by them losing control of HW either to Newman or even better to Tucker or Devon

Comment

• jpa777
                Soap Addict
                • Feb 2013

Don’t know don’t care they can both go bankrupt as far as I am concerned.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X