• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cotagesoap25
    Scriptwriter
    • Nov 2012

What Did Adam Actually Do At Jabot?

Maybe I missed it . . . . . . but what kind of work was Adam doing at Jabot? What was his job title? Personally, I thought it was a good idea for Jack to hire him. Though most of us knew it would not last. But did he accomplish anything there? Was he ALLOWED to accomplish anything? Or was he obstructed and prevented from doing anything at all?
  • CloverLeaf
    Scriptwriter
    • Jul 2017

We dont really know what Adam was doing at Jabot. He was either co-CEO or COO. As far as we know, he had no major accomplishments. It was a s/l that could have been something but was never developed and ended up be a big fat nothing.

Comment

• ToThePoint
      Contract Poster
      • Dec 2015

Collected checks for zero work.

Comment

• eileenregina
        Soap Addict
        • Jun 2011

He would go to Crimson Lights in the morning for coffee, sometimes go to Chelsea's and finish up the day going to Society to stare at Nick and Sally.

Comment

• kha
          kha commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, that's all I saw him do during that time.
      • DOOM
        Senior Board Member
        • Jun 2018

Didn’t do much work but did enough to not get fired. Just the way I like it.

Comment

• Fanlady
          Executive Poster
          • Dec 2010

He was Co-CEO with Jack, we’ve never seen Jack, Kyle or Summer doing any work so why the big deal about Adam? Also, Jack had at one point complemented Adam on doing a good job.

Comment

• Jerze
            Jerze commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you........he worked until they decided that he was phoning it in. So unnecessary.
        • couplingchick
          Soap Addict
          • Oct 2004

What did he do? He cried and whined and mooned over a trick name Sally who wouldn’t give him the time of day because she was too busy sexing up his big bro in her hotel room that’s the extent of what Adams character has been doing the last few months.. whether at “work” or walking around town like an abandoned puppy he’s been written the last 4 months or more as a spineless wimp desperate for a woman who has told him and shown him on more than one occasion that she’s over him and too busy sleeping with his brother to even talk to him in casual conversation. The fact is Adam won’t have any kind of business storyline whether it’s at Jabot or Newman as long as he’s written to be a brain dead fool still like he is now obsessed with someone like Sally she’s been the worst thing to happen to what used to be a great grey character with a personality and a backbone to go with it… this Adam has become unrecognizable sadly since being tied to Sally… this baby needs to go away fast as it’ll only permanently tie him to Sally and that’s the very last thing the Adam Newman character needs! Adam needs a BREAK from Sally..and not a family connection to her… it’s bad enough she has one at the moment sleeping with his brother … I mean she was into Jack at one time.. maybe Victor will be next down the road as well?

Comment

• xoregonian
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Fanlady View Post
            He was Co-CEO with Jack, we’ve never seen Jack, Kyle or Summer doing any work so why the big deal about Adam? Also, Jack had at one point complemented Adam on doing a good job.
            Exactly. Jack hired Adam as Co-CEO so Jack could watch Harrison play in the park more often. But then Jack got sidetracked with falling in sex/love with Diane. It was said by Jack that he was pleased with Adam's work, up until that abrupt change where Adam was doing poorly then hated his job (out of the blue).

Not sure why this is even being brought up again. Adam's time at Jabot is over.

Comment

• jenroj
              jenroj commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Why does it matter now?

• Jerze
              Jerze commented
              Editing a comment
              Absolutely true - he was good until he wasn't and a funfest opportunity for his detractors.
          • Cotagesoap25
            Scriptwriter
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by xoregonian View Post

Exactly. Jack hired Adam as Co-CEO so Jack could watch Harrison play in the park more often. But then Jack got sidetracked with falling in sex/love with Diane. It was said by Jack that he was pleased with Adam's work, up until that abrupt change where Adam was doing poorly then hated his job (out of the blue).

Not sure why this is even being brought up again. Adam's time at Jabot is over.
            I started this thread because I was wondering if I had MISSED something regarding Adam's time at Jabot. I know he is no longer there. But now that he has left the company, it just makes me wonder what the purpose of the entire thing was. LOL. Like many other storylines, I guess.

Comment

• xoregonian
              xoregonian commented
              Editing a comment
              Believe me, lots of us have been wondering the exact same thing.
          • Cotagesoap25
            Scriptwriter
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by couplingchick View Post
            What did he do? He cried and whined and mooned over a trick name Sally who wouldn’t give him the time of day because she was too busy sexing up his big bro in her hotel room that’s the extent of what Adams character has been doing the last few months.. whether at “work” or walking around town like an abandoned puppy he’s been written the last 4 months or more as a spineless wimp desperate for a woman who has told him and shown him on more than one occasion that she’s over him and too busy sleeping with his brother to even talk to him in casual conversation. The fact is Adam won’t have any kind of business storyline whether it’s at Jabot or Newman as long as he’s written to be a brain dead fool still like he is now obsessed with someone like Sally she’s been the worst thing to happen to what used to be a great grey character with a personality and a backbone to go with it… this Adam has become unrecognizable sadly since being tied to Sally… this baby needs to go away fast as it’ll only permanently tie him to Sally and that’s the very last thing the Adam Newman character needs! Adam needs a BREAK from Sally..and not a family connection to her… it’s bad enough she has one at the moment sleeping with his brother … I mean she was into Jack at one time.. maybe Victor will be next down the road as well?
            In so many ways, you are right. This Adam/Sally/Nick storyline does not do anything positive for ANY of the characters. It is demeaning to all of them. And completely unoriginal, too. Nick Newman is caught in a repeating time loop. And it is not entertaining.

Comment

• Cotagesoap25
              Scriptwriter
              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by eileenregina View Post
              He would go to Crimson Lights in the morning for coffee, sometimes go to Chelsea's and finish up the day going to Society to stare at Nick and Sally.
              Thanks for making me laugh. YES, you are right. Hilarious!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

• Cotagesoap25
                Scriptwriter
                • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Fanlady View Post
                Actually I was just wondering if Adam had done something at Jabot that would be LASTING. I did not expect he would stay there. I just don't recall seeing him do any work. However, we rarely, ever, see anyone at any of these mega corporations doing any work. More often they plan, plot, obfuscate, manipulate, and get touchy freely with their coworkers. LOL.

Comment

• Cotagesoap25
                  Scriptwriter
                  • Nov 2012

Originally posted by CloverLeaf View Post
                  We dont really know what Adam was doing at Jabot. He was either co-CEO or COO. As far as we know, he had no major accomplishments. It was a s/l that could have been something but was never developed and ended up be a big fat nothing.
                  You summed it up very well. A great big NOTHING. Space filler, time filler.

Comment

• Cotagesoap25
                    Scriptwriter
                    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by DOOM View Post
                    Didn’t do much work but did enough to not get fired. Just the way I like it.
                    Yeah, a good gig, if you CAN get it!
                    Last edited by Cotagesoap25; March 1, 2023, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• thecourt99
                      Aspiring soap scribe
                      • Jun 2008

He was co-CEO. They showed him going to a Marchetti shoot, and being told that his job doesn't include Marchetti...which begs the question....why'd he go? Did he know that?

They later said that he didn't do too much work. Okay.

Once Adam is gone, they show Jack overwhelmed with work so much so that he offers Billy the job.

But apparently not too much work because Jack is able to take a last minute trip out of town until someone else gets bored and moves???

I dunno. They dunno either.

Comment

• xoregonian
                        xoregonian commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It's really like watching a tennis match. Our heads just keep going back and forth and we never know where the ball will land.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X