Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Why does Nikki seemingly hate Adam so much?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madluv4ya
    Senior Board Member
    • Jun 2011

Why does Nikki seemingly hate Adam so much?

It's not Adam's fault that he was born. She always comes across as so rude to him. She's never once reached out to just try and be civil or even kind to him. She's not rude to Abby, so why be so rude to Adam? It's been years now and she should be working towards getting over it. He's obviously no threat to anything Victor has with Vicki and Nick so....
    Also, I honestly can't remember if Victor cheated on Nikki with Hope(was that her name?) Or if they got together during one of Victor and Nikki's many separations and divorces.

Anyhoo, I really don't get her disdain for him.

*Even Sami Brady got over her hatred of John.
  • Emerald Greens
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2006

Abby has no interest in the Newman empire is my guess.She is no threat .Adam has done things to Victor but Victor is no saint either. I think she wants the whole empire for Victoria .It may well go deeper. Hope and Victor were involved when she and Victor were apart.

Comment

• Texin
      Texin commented
      Editing a comment
      Right. Nikki perceives Adam as a threat to her three kids with Victor. She can tolerate Abby because Abby doesn't have any desire to be part of Newman Enterprises and Abby is close to her mother and her Abbott family members. Since Hope is dead and Nikki never had any kind of relationship with Adam subsequently, she just believes Adam will try to muscle her kids out of the way, so she pushes Adam out by being as unpleasant as possible. (It also hasn't helped that Adam behaved so reprehensively early on.)

• CincyLady
      CincyLady commented
      Editing a comment
      Plus, Nikki is not Adam's mommy so he doesn't count in her eyes.
  • jpa777
    Soap Addict
    • Feb 2013

Miss Snooty Pants has her nose so far in the air it makes me ill.

🐷

Comment

• bluejazz
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Aug 2008

Jealousy. She wants it all for her kids plus Hope was a big deal in Victor's life and Adam is very much like his dad. She's afraid he's secretly Victor's favorite. She knows that Victor is a sexist who prefers males and Nick is more like her than Victor.

Comment

• thecourt99
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jun 2008

I think the history is enough. To be clear, Adam represents Victor's time with Hope. Nikki has always resented that. In addition to that, when Hope and Victor were together, Nikki and the family thought Victor was dead. There is deep seated pain there.

Then you factor in what Adam has done to her children. He's gone after Nick many times, framed Victoria for attempted murder of Victor (while messing with Victor's meds), and most recently was responsible for a bomb threat for her entire family. So yes, I can fully understand why Nikki isn't inclined to trust Adam. Nick and Victoria have their own reasons for not trusting Adam, and Nikki as their mother has the same reasons. I don't see why that isn't easy to understand.

Comment

• Amsdres S
          Amsdres S commented
          Editing a comment
          Didn't he most recently give a body part of his to save the life of that same grandchild that she can't forgive him for taking.
          That has to have some effect shouldn't .
      • Soapfan54
        Contract Poster
        • Aug 2016

Originally posted by madluv4ya View Post
        It's not Adam's fault that he was born. She always comes across as so rude to him. She's never once reached out to just try and be civil or even kind to him. She's not rude to Abby, so why be so rude to Adam? It's been years now and she should be working towards getting over it. He's obviously no threat to anything Victor has with Vicki and Nick so....
        Also, I honestly can't remember if Victor cheated on Nikki with Hope(was that her name?) Or if they got together during one of Victor and Nikki's many separations and divorces.

Anyhoo, I really don't get her disdain for him.

*Even Sami Brady got over her hatred of John.
        BECAUSE:
        • Nikki is an aged-out survivor of Victor's spousal abuse and a bully. She has amnesia about all of the horrible things that Victor has done not only to Victoria/Nick, but also to Adam...
        • He's Hope's child by Victor, which she resents because Hope was a better person than her...
        • Unlike Abby, Adam is motherless, has no one to defend him, and is an easy target...

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
          Executive Poster
          • May 2014

Originally posted by thecourt99 View Post
          I think the history is enough. To be clear, Adam represents Victor's time with Hope. Nikki has always resented that. In addition to that, when Hope and Victor were together, Nikki and the family thought Victor was dead. There is deep seated pain there.

Then you factor in what Adam has done to her children. He's gone after Nick many times, framed Victoria for attempted murder of Victor (while messing with Victor's meds), and most recently was responsible for a bomb threat for her entire family. So yes, I can fully understand why Nikki isn't inclined to trust Adam. Nick and Victoria have their own reasons for not trusting Adam, and Nikki as their mother has the same reasons. I don't see why that isn't easy to understand.
          Thank you!
          You saved me a lot of typing. LOL
          Nikki is justified in her loathing of Adam.

Comment

• Teaday13
            Contract Poster
            • May 2019

because she is snooty. she never cared for Sharon either but would work side by side with Phyllis. not the best just of character imo when she is not one to judge anyone

Comment

• fracabell
              Executive Poster
              • Mar 2009

I would say he represents a woman that Victor Newman LOVED with so much love and cherished and besides Nikki, I feel Victors 2nd greatest love was Hope. followed by Ashley. But Hope represents a time Victor was happy and in love and that love created a child in Adam Newman. A son that is not shared with Nikki, a son she deems not at all like her son Nick. While Nikki had a kid outside of Victor in Dylan, I am guessing it was before she was with Victor and Adam was created in love, when Nikki had already had and lost victor newman.

Now this is why she didnt like him in the beginning. As others posted, Adam has done a lot of terrible things, one in which stealing Nick's daughter faith and giving her to ashley.

But i believe even if Adam was a saint, Nikki wouldnt have liked him cause of his mother Hope, and how much Victor loved her.
              Last edited by fracabell; February 28, 2023, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• fracabell
                fracabell commented
                Editing a comment
                thecourt99 for sure. I mean how do you get past a guy kidnapping your sons daughter and giving her to another woman cause she lost her baby? and he convinced ashley she had the baby. That was terrible and I dont see how Nikki could ever like adam again. Victor, i get, its his blood his son, but thats just 1 thing adam has done, many many more, for Nikki to hate him. That was early on when Adam was in GC as an adutl, and likely that would be hard to get past. For Nick, adam is also his blood, and sharon, well she was crazy to love adam after that, but for Nikki, that should be hard to forgive.

• thecourt99
                thecourt99 commented
                Editing a comment
                Exactly. It bothers me when people say "but that's his brother". I know that it sounds heartless when I say that it doesn't matter to me, but for me, a brother isn't just a title. It's a relationship. Adam and Nick don't have that relationship. Also, when you use a relationship as an excuse, you are withdrawing from an account. In Nick and Adam's case, that account has been overdrawn years ago, so it really means nothing to me. Yes, Adam saved Faith's life twice. Yes, that is something that is positive in the account, but not enough to overcome the negative. At least not for me.

• Soapfan54
                Soapfan54 commented
                Editing a comment
                Nikki nor any other Newman was worried about “relationship” when Faith needed a body part! Adam was a fool to give up a vital organ, even for Sharon! Also, that he was a tissue “match” for Faith was as ridiculous as Summer being a “match” for Lola
                Unlike many patients in similar straits, Faith could’ve made do with dialysis until the Newmans could “purchase” her a kidney—somewhere 😒
            • tosh
              Senior Board Member
              • Jul 2009

Deep down Nikki know Adam is Victor real choice for NE

Comment

• madluv4ya
                madluv4ya commented
                Editing a comment
                ....................BINGO!!!
            • ToThePoint
              Contract Poster
              • Dec 2015

Is this really a question? Is the question really why does Nikki hates Adam, a man who has inflicted so much violence and atrocity unfold her husband and her kids? I know the default is to attribute her dislike to Hope, someone who is a non-factor, but that is disingenuous.

Let’s see. Adam stole and trafficked her grandchild at gave her to another woman while allowing hNikki’s son to grieve for a child he thought dead. Adam tried to kill Victor and framed Nikki’s daughter for it. Adam also caused Ashley’s miscarriage and then threw his own sibling’s remains in the fireplace to burn.

Adam has given many reasons to be hated. The attitude that is some sort of mystery why anyone would hate Adam is ridiculous.

Comment

• ToThePoint
                ToThePoint commented
                Editing a comment
                @ lulubee, forgot to add that Adam literally planeed to blow up Nikki’s family in an explosion but how dare she not have the warm and fuzzies for him. I like Adam but this worshipping of the dude like people’s dislike of him is unwarranted and unfounded is bizarre.

• catster
                catster commented
                Editing a comment
                It literally blows my mind when All of Adam's filthy deeds are erased and tried to pretend they never happened.. no normal person would ever forgive so many vile things. Adam has been so vile for years. I would be disappointed if Nikki was ok with him

• Amsdres S
                Amsdres S commented
                Editing a comment
                That same grandchild would be dead two times over if not for the same Adam you can't overlook that and focus on the past.
            • Leanna Love
              Board Regular
              • Mar 2021

Nikki dislikes Adam because she knows that out of all of Victor's children, Adam is the one who is most like his father. Victoria gives it a good run but overall, I think Victor considers Adam to be the most shrewd businessman. And Nikki has never wanted either of her children to be overshadowed by Adam or Abby. She tolerates Abby because Abby is still half-Abbott & is not a threat to Victoria.

Comment

• Nancy T
                Nancy T commented
                Editing a comment
                I remember when Abby worked at Newman Victoria was very nasty to her.

• tosh
                tosh commented
                Editing a comment
                Nancy T right you are,Victoria didn't want Abby there at all.Abby felt it, reason why she turn away from NE.
                Thanks for the reminder
            • Betsey
              Executive Poster
              • Aug 2012

Because Nikki is a resident of GC and it is LAW in GC that ALL residents MUST hate Adam.

Comment

• marciat
                Senior Board Member
                • Apr 2017

Nikki is a piece of crap

Comment

• Soapfan54
                  Soapfan54 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In a nutshell…

• marciat
                  marciat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nikki never liked her father, but she sure does act like him!! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
              • nm1968
                Recurring Poster
                • Oct 2021

I still think there's a BIG secret that Nikki, Victor, Victoria only knows this secret and it has to do with Adam and when Victor brings Adam around nikki get nervous cuz of secret!....and what's funny that Nikki and Victoria don't think Victor has any feelings for Ashley anymore!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X