Clear All
  • guichard
    Contract Poster
    • Oct 2015

SPOILER! next week promo . week of Feb 27

• caitie
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Mar 2010

Victoria really is a piece of work. First she initiates a kiss by offering Nate the enticement of more career advancement.

And then she follows up on last week's attempts at Society to undermine Nate's relationship with Elena by saying that Elena can't give him what she can. Victoria is right in a way - in that Elena can't use Victoria's power as Newman CEO to give Nate more power and influence in the business world.

But nor should Elena - or any girlfriend - need to hire a boyfriend the way Miss Vicky is doing.

Nate appears to be a crossroads where he has to choose between the woman who brings out the best in him - Elena. And the woman who brings out the worst in him - Victoria. As he says in this promo, he does love Elena. But does he love power more?

Comment

• RestlessFan
      RestlessFan commented
      Editing a comment
      My couple, Nate/Elena, I've always liked them right off the bat, and still do, despite Nate's being led away by power or Victoria. Nate and Elena were a new couple and their relationship just felt so natural and full of soft romance or natural ease (similar to the old Nick/Sharon's, from the past years (last time they were together was under previous regime of Mal Young and almost remarry, but they did a huge major tease Again (as in 2014). Now, it looks like Josh G. finally put an axe to them. So, I no longer have a couple to look for or to tune in for. I have tried to give other females, new & vets, watched them over the years, but for some reason, they always fall short for me (don't get me wrong, they do a good job but they are not dynamic or rather their coupledom over the years fall short, from a scale of 1 - 10, they fall into 6-7, but never 8-10 (as Nick/Sharon did in their very young (in their 20's) years of being a couple. I like Abby character and watched her in all her relationships, she is the prime example who always fall into 5, 6, or middle range of satisfactory to me. I liked her and the black guy (the one Mariah was also interested in) from 2014, when Mariah was also gaslighting (with Victor's paying her to do it) Sharon, as Cassie (Sharon's dead daughter). So, Abby is one of those who has had so many relationship, rooted for her couple, such as Arturo (also liked Mia/Arturo, too) and also watch Chance and Arturo, liked them all, but chemistry wise, they did not have the whole chemistry to me. Nate and Elena, now, that is a totally different story, they just had it, their natural chemistry and the ease, the softness, the way Nate looks at her, and I still do. Will most likely watched them as they are breaking apart for good, too. Victoria is such a vulture now and cougar, ready to pounce on Nate (YUCK).

• caitie
      caitie commented
      Editing a comment
      RestlessFan I have liked those things about Nate and Elena too.
  • Sara_in_BC
    Soap Addict
    • Dec 2009

I think they might be going for a Sexual Harrassment case. It was very Harvey Weinstein her talking about his moving up in his career.

Comment

• AnnB627
      AnnB627 commented
      Editing a comment
      It does look that way. If so, I'm glad they're doing it with a woman harassing a man. GH did a good storyline a few years ago with a doctor harassing a medical student.

• ShesAllThat
      ShesAllThat commented
      Editing a comment
      this is funny to me because nate doesn't look a bit uncomfortable with her. i seriously doubt that this is going to happen. nate is trying to move up his career himself - by any means necessary!
  • zenmaster5
    Soap Addict
    • May 2017

Interesting what Sara_in_BC said in the comment she posted above... I think this is definitely a strong possibility. Victoria the viper isn't backing away even though dummy Nate said he changed his mind and that he is in love with Elena... what makes Victoria think she can give Nate what he is supposedly missing in his relationship with Elena?

All Nate had to do was put a stop to Victoria the first time she went in for the kiss that he gave into... but he didn't! Now today the viper Victoria goes in for another kiss and Nate is all in ready to take her right there in the CEO's office and he expects me to believe he's in love with Elena??? No he isn't! Elena is looking like a fool not knowing what has been going on with Victoria and Nate behind her back!
    Victoria looks so wicked in that scene like she has to have Nate no matter what! I wonder how far will she go to have him?

Comment

• Carson1
      Day Player
      • Dec 2020

I think Audra will blackmail Nate and Victoria to keep her job or to get a monetary settlement. When she gets the money she will let Elena know about her man.

Comment

• JJ1
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Mar 2009

I had to laugh at Victoria listening to Nate's business advice...where has all his business knowledge come from. He went to medical school. Devon recognized that Nate had no business experience! 🀣🀣🀣

Comment

• caitie
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by zenmaster5 View Post
          Interesting what Sara_in_BC said in the comment she posted above... I think this is definitely a strong possibility. Victoria the viper isn't backing away even though dummy Nate said he changed his mind and that he is in love with Elena... what makes Victoria think she can give Nate what he is supposedly missing in his relationship with Elena?

All Nate had to do was put a stop to Victoria the first time she went in for the kiss that he gave into... but he didn't! Now today the viper Victoria goes in for another kiss and Nate is all in ready to take her right there in the CEO's office and he expects me to believe he's in love with Elena??? No he isn't! Elena is looking like a fool not knowing what has been going on with Victoria and Nate behind her back!
          Victoria looks so wicked in that scene like she has to have Nate no matter what! I wonder how far will she go to have him?
          Nate is a low-life cheat. But, in his own way, I believe him when he says he loves Elena - just not enough and not the dedicated, respectful way he used to. He loves power more and his boss represents that power.

As for VIper Victoria, I think this promo shows she definitely is not backing away. You and Sara_in_BC are on track Remember that she also recently grilled Nate about the status of his relationship with Elena - looking for problems and then suggesting possible problems - all while reminding Nate how much he and she have in common. (scenes when they ran into each other at the Society bar).

Pure b*tch right now.

Also remember that Vicky is the woman who thinks the business is a cutthroat game where winning is the only option - regardless of who gets hurt. IMO, she is applying her game theory of how to acquire other people's businesses to acquiring Nate. ANYTHING GOES!
          Last edited by caitie; February 27, 2023, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• zenmaster5
            Soap Addict
            • May 2017

Originally posted by caitie View Post

Nate is a low-life cheat. But, in his own way, I believe him when he says he loves Elena - just not enough and not the dedicated, respectful way he used to. He loves power more and his boss represents that power.

As for VIper Victoria, I think this promo shows she definitely is not backing away. You and Sara_in_BC are on track Remember that she also recently grilled Nate about the status of his relationship with Elena - looking for problems and then suggesting possible problems - all while reminding Nate how much he and she have in common. (scenes when they ran into each other at the Society bar).

Pure b*tch right now.

ardless of who gets hurt. IMO, she is applying her game theory of how to acquire other people's businesses to acquiring Nate. ANYTHINGAlso remember that Vicky is the woman who thinks the business is a cutthroat game where winning is the only option - reg GOES!
            caitie. your statement, " Also remember that Vicky is the woman who thinks the business is a cutthroat game where winning is the only option - regardless of who gets hurt. IMO, she is applying her game theory of how to acquire other people's businesses to acquiring Nate. ANYTHING GOES!" I applaud this πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ this is a spot on assessment about Victoria.. this is exactly what she is doing with Nate! Clearly it's all about Victoria and her needs and wants and damn anyone else who stands in her way!

I do remember Viper Victoria grilling Nate about his relationship status with Elena... she was definitely looking for
            anything flawed so she could use it to her advantage in acquiring Nate for herself and making him doubt what he has with Elena.. Victoria really lives up to the Viper name with her actions!
            I think Nate may soon realize that allowing himself to get intimate with Victoria like he has, is the beginning of great problems ahead for him... Audra could be another problem for him that he won't even see coming in my opinion.

I do believe Nate needs to come clean with Elena.... she deserves to know what has been going on behind her back and if she feels like what they have is worth fighting for and she's willing to stick with Nate, I'll respect her choice but Nate can't continue on at NM... it will destroy him completely and his relationship with Elena. Honestly, I see Audra running NM after she exploits Nate and Victoria in my opinion but we shall see.

Comment

• thecourt99
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jun 2008

I'm not happy with this turn of events.

I'm not sure if I will convey my perspective well, but I will give it a shot.

Victoria is a good business woman. It's in her blood and she was raised at NE. It's all she knows. The fact that she is a good business woman doesn't mean that she always makes the right decisions. Good business people have also failed, but they've learned from their failures. It seems that the writers want to make her personal life an Achilles heel for her. Victoria can date, fall in love, marry...but her partner does NOT need to work for the company. That was the issue with Ashland and it is now the issue with Nate. She is bringing Nate into high level meetings AND giving him more responsibility when he has zero experience in the corporate world and has yet to do anything successfully. He has ideas and he asks questions, but that really isn't the same thing.

Nate is being written as a person that will do anything for you if you complement him enough. His ego is extremely fragile and he doesn't seem to care or realize that he is the one that isolated himself from his family. The ego it takes to try to act as mediator to a family issue when no one likes or trusts him. To think that he can just walk back in like nothing happened.

Elena needs to move on from Nate. She saw Nate changing and tried to stop it. It was unsuccessful. Nate is no longer the man that she fell in love with. Audra is going to find out and use it as leverage. Victoria was talking about making a high offer, which tells me that she may be willing to bankrupt NE to get TU in which case, she deserves to lose her job.

i wish these writers knew how to write Victoria as a business woman that can separate her personal life from business. They can keep Nate as an azzhole, just take Elena out of his orbit. Nate can scheme, I don't care. At this point anyone that trusts him deserves what they get.

Comment

• jpa777
                Soap Addict
                • Feb 2013

I don’t think I want to watch this show anymore because of Victoria.

Comment

• caitie
                  caitie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I understand! It's hard to hang in when cold, hurtful characters get so much focus. When they set out to wreck lives.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X