• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imissejami
    Senior Board Member
    • Jan 2016

How about Chance and Summer?

It's time to move on from the awful and so very boring Kyle and Summer. I'm sure everyone will agree that its not working and JG has got to let go of his creation.
  • WorldTurner
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2006

I don’t agree that it is not working and I know there are plenty of others that feel that way. No way would I want Summer with her Aunt’s ex husband.

Comment

• aussiegal87
      aussiegal87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Aunt is nothing, It's practically a stranger on the small cast of a soap.

I can't even count the number on times a parent and child have slept with the same person, also sibling triangles are a soap staple.

• Sara_in_BC
      Sara_in_BC commented
      Editing a comment
      Chance and Summer would be great. Maybe Summer has a stalker and Chance has to protect her. As for Abby being her Aunt that's not a biggie. They have no relationship. Abby cheated with Summers husband Austin several years ago so there is no loyalty there. Plus Abby has moved on and is fully invested in her relationship/ friendship with Devon.

Can't stand Kyle at all. Love new Summer but she needs a meaty story.

• Amethyst57
      Amethyst57 commented
      Editing a comment
      WorldTurner Well Summer's aunt (Abby) didn't have a problem being with Summer's husband (Austin). It'll just be Summer returning the favor. Anyways, it won't happen...not as long as Sharon has her crosshair on Chance.
      Last edited by Amethyst57; February 26, 2023, 06:17 PM.
  • imissejami
    Senior Board Member
    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by WorldTurner View Post
    I don’t agree that it is not working and I know there are plenty of others that feel that way. No way would I want Summer with her Aunt’s ex husband.
    We had Summer with Billy which is Kyle's Uncle so Chance and Summer should be fine.

Comment

• WorldTurner
      WorldTurner commented
      Editing a comment
      And people hated Billy and Summer. It was not okay.

• Sara_in_BC
      Sara_in_BC commented
      Editing a comment
      I personally thought Summer and Billy were a missed opportunity. Summer was all in to start a relationship. I thought they had great chemistry. I know it was scandalous but at this point Summer needs a little scandal she's as big a bore as Kyle.

• WorldTurner
      WorldTurner commented
      Editing a comment
      I find Chance far more boring than either of them.
  • Sinn forever
    Recurring Poster
    • Dec 2021

I don't agree at all. Kyle and Summer are working just fine. They are perfect for each other. They love each other. There is nothing boring about them and they have so much chemistry between them. Keep Kyle and Summer together. They are soulmates. Put Chance with Sharon they at least have chemistry.

Comment

• Mermaid777
      Senior Board Member
      • Dec 2014

I can picture Summer and Chance but Summer and Kyle seem endgame like Nikki and Victor.

Comment

• *BackstreetGem*
        *BackstreetGem* commented
        Editing a comment
        There are no endgames anymore. If that were true Nick and Sharon would be making there way to each other. If JG wants to write another 2 week arc where Summer sleeps and falls in love (hahaha) with Chance he will. Especially with the recast, there's no spark. Even I'll admit Michael and Hunter did have a spark.

Part of me wonders if they'll explore Summer and someone like Mariah or Tessa since AL is queer IRL.

• Sara_in_BC
        Sara_in_BC commented
        Editing a comment
        Even if they are for some endgame, they are way too young by soap standards to be locked 🔐 n for years together. Time to shake things up.
    • Good Kitty
      Contract Poster
      • Jun 2015

I know a lot of people keep wanting to make Chance happen. I just find him little clueless and goofy. Summer and Kyle will be fine.

Comment

• aussiegal87
        aussiegal87 commented
        Editing a comment
        Chance HAS HAPPENED for plenty of viewers!

He's has loads of sex appeal and is a very handsome man. It's why some people used to tune into soaps; to see the hunks. The young Don Diamont (Brad) wasn't reciting Shakespeare when he arrived. Bill Bell knew what to do with him. He was in his swimsuit, at the pool, putting sunscreen on Ashley or something.

Chance hasn't happened for the writers.... who just won't use him, and when they do, they don't use him right. They are focused on a chosen few that repeat the same conversation ad nauseum, while letting characters with other strengths go to waste Chance is not written into any sexy scenes, and he is also written out of character.

• Sara_in_BC
        Sara_in_BC commented
        Editing a comment
        Chance is all kinds of sexy. He just needs to be with some sexy women, Sharon, or Summer would be great.

• Good Kitty
        Good Kitty commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe as eye-candy and boy toy he works for some just as Sally has lots of fans but to be taken seriously as an undercover international super-spy and crack police detective to me, this Chance is unbelievable and just comes across as a joke. Sorry.
    • nm1968
      Recurring Poster
      • Oct 2021

I think chance and Elena would be better I think or even Chelsea

Comment

• Amethyst57
        Amethyst57 commented
        Editing a comment
        nm1968 Yes, I could get on board w/Chance and Elena.
    • Chima
      Day Player
      • Feb 2017

Kyle and Summer are great! I want Summer and Kyle to have their own baby.

I actually will not mind Chance and Summer if Kyle messes things up.

Comment

• Mefisto
        Board Regular
        • Sep 2022

Chance deserves way better than that nasty little crybaby.

Comment

• imissejami
          imissejami commented
          Editing a comment
          lol she is nasty.

• vikis3
          vikis3 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree , I wouldn’t wish that Whiny brat on Chance
      • aussiegal87
        Board Regular
        • Jan 2011

Right now, I'm interested in seeing Chance and Sharon I think they could be a sexy fun couple. But eventually Sharon will head back to Nick.
        Plus, Kyle and Summer are newlyweds so they should play that out a little bit.

But I could see Summer and Chance next. Neither has had a bio-child yet. Genoa City has enough of Newman/Abbott kids, it was a big deal when Villy started it, but now it's no big deal. What Y&R doesn't have is a Newman/Chancellor heir and bio-child (No Dom is not a Chancellor heir because Devon/Tucker don't have one drop of Chancellor blood).

Summer and Chance could be good together and they could have Phillip Chancellor the 5th!

Comment

• Sara_in_BC
          Sara_in_BC commented
          Editing a comment
          Oooh I like that Phillip Chancellor the 5th!
      • jenroj
        Senior Board Member
        • Feb 2022

Chance just got rid of one spoiled entitled brat, he certainly doesn't need another.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X