• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psychdiva
    Recurring Poster
    • May 2012

Something Nate said today has me wondering about his mother

When Nate was talking to Elina, he said his mother would want him to do something. I think mend his relationship with Devon. He said it almost as if his mom Olivia is deceased. I don’t remember hearing that they had killed her off, but I don’t watch every day. Have any of you heard that?
  • Betsey
    Executive Poster
    • Aug 2012

They have never mentioned Olivia dying so I assume that she is alive.

It WAS weird though that Nate brought her up out of the blue and spoke like she is dead....

Comment

• psychdiva
      Recurring Poster
      • May 2012

Originally posted by Betsey View Post
      They have never mentioned Olivia dying so I assume that she is alive.

It was weird though that Nate brought her up out of the blue and spoke like she is dead....
      Yeah, I don’t think I’ve heard her name since they brought the character Nate back.

Comment

• bluejazz
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Aug 2008

I sure don't remember anyone saying Olivia died.

Has Nate ever talked about her at all?

Comment

• zenmaster5
          Soap Addict
          • May 2017

When Nate said, "he just has this gut feeling that his mother would want him to do anything he could to stop this" I think he's trying to remember his values his mother taught him and the importance of family and keeping them together which is unfortunate he didn't remember that when he was trying to throw his families company under the bus. I do think his mother is still alive though because I haven't heard it mentioned on the show that she past away from anyone.
          I did think it was nice hearing Nate mention his mother today. I thought he talked about her briefly at Devon's on Christmas when they were reminiscing.

Comment

• Good Kitty
            Good Kitty commented
            Editing a comment
            I looked it up. Dru ran away from home as a troubled and illiterate(!) teenager to GC to find her Aunt Mamie who was the Abbotts’ housekeeper and her mother’s sister. Olivia was a practicing physician there and had been the college roommate of Ashley Abbott. I think the Abbott family even helped Liv with med school. Anyway Dru’s mother had always treated her cruelly in contrast to how she treated the older Olivia because unbeknownst to either Dru or Liv, Drucilla was the product of a drunken rape by their father. Anyway there had been tension between the sisters growing up because of the disparate treatment by Lily Belle but they soon became friends once the truth came out. And the rest is history. Thank you Bill Bell for this compelling character development.

• Leanna Love
            Leanna Love commented
            Editing a comment
            Good Kitty Yes! Back when Bill Bell was in charge, character development was an integral ingredient for the show’s success. Not only were we introduced to new characters, but Bell made sure the audience got to really know them as he slowly showed their backstories. It let the audience realize not just what the characters were like, but WHY they acted the way they did. Drucilla’s character was a perfect example of that development & progression.

• zenmaster5
            zenmaster5 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good Kitty, thank you for taking the time research the history of Drucilla and Olivia, it's such an interesting background they had and their story is quite interesting... I never knew Dru was a product of a rape which explains why her mother and her had a troubled relationship. Great story telling back then. I sure would love it if they would bring these two sisters back on the show.
        • couplingchick
          Soap Addict
          • Oct 2004

As much as I loved the back and forth at times between Dru and Phyllis back in the day .. I always loved Olivia just a little bit more than her sister Dru I would love if Olivia would return for at least a visit … seems Nate maybe needs some of his mothers influence at the moment.

Comment

• zenmaster5
            zenmaster5 commented
            Editing a comment
            I certainly agree with that! A visit from mom is exactly what Nate needs... Elena did the best she could when it comes to Nate but it's clear as day Nate doesn't respect or appreciate Elena the way that he should and seeing those previews for next week showings is more proof of that! At this point, I think Olivia is the only one who can talk some sense into Nate and reel him in before his ego destroys him.

• Good Kitty
            Good Kitty commented
            Editing a comment
            Olivia should still be practicing somewhat somewhere because doctors don’t ever fully retire do they?

• Soapfan54
            Soapfan54 commented
            Editing a comment
            After "Neil's" death, it was said that Olivia was out of the country w/Doctors W/O Borders; and that was the reason she couldn't attend his memorial. IRL, the actress conducts an actors workshop in her native Canada.
        • xoregonian
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Feb 2014

Funny how Nate all the sudden thinks how his mother would want him to do something, anything to stop the Winters from this lawsuit and family feud. Does his mother also pop into his mind when he's betraying the same Winters family members in business dealings? Or when he's cheating on Elena?

I only hope her mention means she is coming back. That would help tremendously.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X