• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • catster
    Board Regular
    • Sep 2020

Way too much Sally

They need to give us way less Sally. She is taking over the show and I do not watch when they do.. they know there are many of us that hate the character so what do they do.. keep ramming her down our throats and making us hate on her more than we even want too.. GO AWAY Sally.
  • Lulubee
    Board Regular
    • May 2021

I agree and I hate to say it because I actually rooted for sally when she first joined the show. Now she’s a completely different person and everyone worships the ground she walks on for no apparent reason. she barely interacts with anyone except for Nick and Adam and she clearly is being written as chelsea 2.0.

Comment

• Flower forever
      Flower forever commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree to much Sally and lately she his always in bed with Nicki in her hotel room Does he not have a home or would it be to much of a shock for Christian to see them together and always in bed. Sally has to be back burned I do not enjoy them one bit and Nick is show as a bad parent who is never home with his son.
  • greyalofus
    Recurring Poster
    • Feb 2008

not enough sally, IMO. i wrote this on twitter, they now have a story where ashley is outfoxing tucker. doesn't she have some sort of schedule whereby she isn't like a regular, but not a off contract thing? i mean, she shows up - then disappears for weeks. it's weird. the sally story is front and center right now - they all cycle around eventually.

Comment

• klalala
      klalala commented
      Editing a comment
      ED is a legacy player. She's welcome whenever she's available. Plus she always delivers.

• JJ1
      JJ1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never really cared for ED'S Ashley. She's kinda meh to me.
  • hookedonmick
    Board Regular
    • Jun 2010

I love Sally. IMO she isn't shown more often then the other characters. For months we had the trainwreck of Phyllis/Jack/Diane/Kyle/Summer storyline.

Comment

• tosh
      Senior Board Member
      • Jul 2009

Like it or not Sally is becoming the face of Y&R. She's talented if they want to push her have no problem with it.
      Next couple of weeks it will be too much Amanda for some

Comment

• Flower forever
        Flower forever commented
        Editing a comment
        If she is becoming the face of the Young and the Restless then it is time to switch shows . I prefer Sharon to Sally. Sally can go.

• Dlee72
        Dlee72 commented
        Editing a comment
        And Sally is awesome and definitely not on too much.
        Last edited by JCmojoe81; February 24, 2023, 09:18 AM. Reason: removed reply to a now deleted post
    • CincyLady
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by greyalofus View Post
      not enough sally, IMO. i wrote this on twitter, they now have a story where ashley is outfoxing tucker. doesn't she have some sort of schedule whereby she isn't like a regular, but not a off contract thing? i mean, she shows up - then disappears for weeks. it's weird. the sally story is front and center right now - they all cycle around eventually.
      Yep, I'll watch any time Sally is front and center. I've said it many times, she's new, interesting, a good actress with a good sl. Works for me.

Comment

• Kimmy68
        Lurking in the Shadows
        • Jan 2023

Love Sally, reason I watch.b7t I like her being feisty and funny not always sad and serious.

Comment

• zenmaster5
          Soap Addict
          • May 2017

I'm with the OP on this one. I feel like because of Sally, we don't get to see other great actors on the show since she has taken front and center. I hate the story she is involved in and I wish it would go away NOW! She will now be a huge part of one of the main families in GC now that she's carrying a Newman heir which was probably done purposely to solidify her place on the show! Unfortunately, I think we are stuck with her!

Comment

• taramartin
            Soap Addict
            • Oct 2013

I enjoy Sally but I did not enjoy that idiotic dream episode one bit. She and Adam were great for one brief moment until they tore them apart. Sally is more interesting than her suitors. She is more interesting when they show her hard working self.

Comment

• FFF12
              Board Regular
              • Jun 2010

I always see this (Y&R is becoming the "Sally show") and I cannot see how when there are many weeks when she's barely on! And then I'm NOT a happy camper as Sally is the reason I began watching this show and the main reason I still do.

Comment

• DOOM
                Senior Board Member
                • Jun 2018

I’d be fine with this much Sally if they didn’t make her so sad and useless right now. They stripped all of her unique traits and the spark she used to have has disappeared. She’s now just another one of Adam’s victims who Nick needs to rehabilitate.

It really is an incredible accomplishment that they’ve made everyone in this triangle look bad.

Comment

• AdamGotYourBack
                  AdamGotYourBack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How is Sally a victim of Adam? Granted, Adam went about it the wrong way, but his desire to protect Sally came from a good place. I understand Sally's anger and disappointment with Adam, but to jump into bed with his brother Nick and sex him at every given opportunity is just wrong and morally reprehensible. Nick is a unrepentant horndog and a loud-mouth self-serving hypocrite who really thinks he's better than Adam. He's not by a long shot. Adam is self-aware and owns up to his mistakes. Nick can't ever keep little Nick under control.
              • Jerze
                Executive Poster
                • Jun 2006

I agree OP but it doesn't matter. I imagine TPTB have weighed the scales and the character is a hit with the preferred demographic. Those of us who feel differently may not like it but it is what it is.

Comment

• Flower forever
                  Flower forever commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well if it continues wean boycott the show .There is just to much of her. Write a good story for other characters befor it was the Lilly Winters show ff now it is the Sally show ff same with Diane ff so nothing to watch time to turn off the show no creative writing for anyone.

• catster
                  catster commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can still complain and complain I do LOL. I think Sally is disgusting and there is nothing I like about the nasty character.

• Jerze
                  Jerze commented
                  Editing a comment
                  catster - I get it and I'm happy that there's a place to dialogue, vent as well as cheer about the SLs and characters we love, hate or love to hate. My dear pup Bella will neither watch nor discuss this show with me. Happy posting.
              • TwoOfEach
                Scriptwriter
                • Jun 2013

She and Diane are on way too much while other talented actresses languish. I need a break from both. And I don't think either on b/c of some demographics. Both have had weeks where the writing was heavily focused on them and the numbers including 18-49 did poorly. It's all about the writer playing favorites and maybe budget.

Comment

• Sara_in_BC
                  Soap Addict
                  • Dec 2009

I agree about the cycling. For awhile it was all Abby and Devon. There have been many shows where Sally is not on. I know because she's a favorite of mine and if she's not on I often do not bother to watch.

Sally is the only character that has caught on with viewers. She is like Phyllis in that you either hate her or love her. As a Phyllis fan I hate how she is being written and sometimes even portrayed by MS, but I still love the character and wish better for her. I feel the same about Sally, this has not been well written, but CH brings it in every scene.

During the pregnancy there will be long stretches without her on.

They use to show the monthly counts of characters. Does anyone know where to find that?

Comment

• sneekee1
                    sneekee1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's because the writers silo the characters. They don't allow them to interact with others others on the screen. There isn't any real crossover character in the s/l. GH is in the middle of a storyline that involves and affects the entire cast. The entire Diane s/l is just plain terrible. Sally, is now meek and needs a man to rescue her while in her delicate state. Why not band together her family and raise this baby herself? I could believe the writers had Adam imply he and Sally had to get married because he was pregnant with his child. Like that was her only option.

The s/l's are stale and boring.
                    The writing is uninspired.
                    The characters are cartoonish.

If it wasn't for the talented actors Y&R would be in trouble and probably for the air. JMHO

• Sara_in_BC
                    Sara_in_BC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I do agree that y and r has a talented group of actors. And yes they have not developed a lot of the characters. Summer is dying on the vine, she has so much potential. They have done literally nothing with Lily. And Chance and Noah have been miscast. Daniel seems lackluster and if he and Lily become involved it will just be Lily and Cane or Billy.
                • Old Boot
                  Board Regular
                  • Dec 2006

I don't mind Sally, certainly she adds some spice to boring Genoa City, but I wish they would stop writing her as if she was going to be burned at the stake because she's pregnant. She's supposed to be spunky. Free The Spunk!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X