Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YR Should Have a Demon Possession Storyline

I think it would be interesting if there was a demon possession storyline on YR to delve into the paranormal. I think Nikki should be the first character on the show to have a demon possess her, this will open up some spiritual/religious side to the YR characters and the Newmans dealing with a different type of challenge. Todd Williams could return as the priest to be the "Exorcist" to NIkki. I think it's time YR touch up on paranormal storylines, like aliens, psychic powers, ghosts, etc. to give the actors on the show juicy material. I personally would like to see a vampire version of Billy Abbott.

When it was on the air that would fit passions but not y&r. I wouldn't want to see y&r go that route but thats just me. Maybe others would like it ?
    also days of our lives did that. I just don't see it with y&r
    Last edited by yr4ever; June 30, 2022, 03:05 AM.

Comment

• Flower forever
      Flower forever commented
      Editing a comment
      No thank you I gave up Days years ago because of the crasyness.

• HomDep0020
      HomDep0020 commented
      Editing a comment
      I stopped watching days because of their devil story this go around. missed first one , well i mean it was on i would have never watched it.

Dark Shadows was a big hit back in the day. You have to admit Barnabas Collins was kinda sexy.

Comment

• Soapfan54
      Soapfan54 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it was and YES, Johathon Frid as "Barnabas" sho' was!!!

• Dixie_Amazon
      Dixie_Amazon commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been rewatching it on Tubi. Still love it.

I absolutely hate those type of stories, so for me a big NO...that is probable one of the only story lines that would make me stop watching this show..

Comment

• Pamcho
      Pamcho commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here. It has been done by Days and is always so cheesy. Y&R has a hard enough time writing good s/l's we don't need that. Can you imagine Phyllis possessed?

• bluenanny
      bluenanny commented
      Editing a comment
      well she is very close to it already...wouldn't take too much of a change...

Um, no thanks! Half of the town ALREADY acts demon-possessed, what w/frothing at the mouth whenever they see Diane A soap is nowhere to get a spiritual "fix." jmo...

Comment

• jett626
      jett626 commented
      Editing a comment
      I Thought Phyllis & Nikki Are Both Demon-Possessed Now That Diane Is Back Into Town

• Soapfan54
      Soapfan54 commented
      Editing a comment
      jett626 LOL!!

I wouldn’t want JG to write it. Y&R is content to recycle the same tired boring ass business stories in which nothing really changes.
    Noah and Allie are like watching paint dry. What is possibly gonna add drama to their relationship?
    Or Mariah and Tessa? Anyone on the edge of his seat over vocal chord nodules! Abby and Chance are thankfully backburnered after their baby plot with Devon went nowhere. Imani and Nate are gonna have an affair because Elena failed to inform him first she was going to Hawaii. My heart can’t stand it! I can’t believe anyone really enjoys this show.
    Last edited by carolinakid; June 30, 2022, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• Texin
      Texin commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn't want ANYBODY to write it. I think the idea is about as ridiculous and idea I've heard. Sure, back in the '70s (and I actually think it was back in the mid-to late '60s) they wrote drivel like that. And I know Days has done it, but that doesn't mean it was a good idea.

• carolinakid
      carolinakid commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad you’re enjoying current day Y&R! I’m glad somebody is!

SOAP did that in the seventies. Didn't they do that with Dr. Marlena on another soap ?

Comment

• carolinakid
      carolinakid commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t know, did they?🙄

• carolinakid
      carolinakid commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, Days of our Lives did a devil possession story from 1994-1995 and 2021-2022.

OR just name Y&R to "Days 2"? Ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by carolinakid View Post
      I wouldn’t want JG to write it. Y&R is content to recycle the same tired boring ass business stories in which nothing really changes.
      Noah and Allie are like watching paint dry. What is possibly gonna add drama to their relationship?
      Or Mariah and Tessa? Anyone on the edge of his seat over vocal chord nodules! Abby and Chase are thankfully backburnered after their baby plot with Devon went nowhere. Imani and Nate are gonna have an affair because Elene failed to inform him first she was going to Hawaii. My heart can’t stand it! I can’t believe anyone really enjoys this show.
      I wish I'd seen your post first - you nailed it! No thank you to ridiculous "possession" stories. Enjoy? NOT! When I watch this show it's out of pure boredom to fall asleep at night.

Comment

You can NOT add fantastical elements onto a reality based property later on and have it make sense. That's just world building 101. It's why when DAYS does that sort of garbage it's cringe inducing and eye rolling. The reason it worked for Dark Shadows is the fantastical was there from the start. They didn't add it in after some time of strictly standard soap storylines. Dark Shadows was a gothic horror soap from the beginning.

Comment

• Dakotacat
          Dakotacat commented
          Editing a comment
          Days has always mixed fantasy and reality. The alien twins were back many years ago as well as the devil possession. And Dr. Rolf bringing everyone back from the dead and time skipping are hardly reality. But I enjoy the fantasy stuff. Because actually, the "reality" is never based in reality. If it were, Diane would have been arrested as soon as she came to town, Victor would have been in jail for years,and all of the the terrible mistakes with the law wouldn't have taken place!! In real life, YnR would all be fantasy.

• Mariko
          Mariko commented
          Editing a comment
          No, it didn't. It didn't start mixing fantasy and reality until 1982 when it brought Stefano and Tony on for the Phoenix Crystals storyline. Which even then it only skirted things. It still kept things mostly realistic. Up until that point it was based entirely in reality, And it didn't go full on fantasy until JER took over as HW and did the first possession storyline. And things not being "realistic" in a reality based show is an entirely different thing than tossing things like demonic possession into the mix.

When that s/l was first introduced on Days of Our Lives, it sent me over the edge and I refused to watch the show any more. How unrealistic and stupid! So, I'm hoping that nothing so bizarre and "other worldly" ever makes an appearance on Y&R because it would mean the end of Y&R for me.

Comment

Sure. Why not? Might as well do a cloning story, too. Just dump all the worst (in my opinion) soap stories into the show. Let it sink real fast.

Comment

LMAO! I loved that storyline on Days, but I don't think it would work on Y&R. But, if a character were to be possessed by the devil, I nominate Sharon. Oh, the havock she would wreak!

Comment

Absolutely not. That's now what YR is. There is a reason I don't watch Days nor did I watch Passions. That would end my YR viewing.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                Rubythroat1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Agreed. Y&R is not spoofy or cheap sensational.

• carolinakid
                carolinakid commented
                Editing a comment
                Just boring as hell.

Nope. It worked on DAYS because DAYS has always been that type of show. It doesn't fit with Y&R's DNA as a soap. Not at all.

Comment

• thecourt99
                thecourt99 commented
                Editing a comment
                Mariko I watched DAYS until the first possession storyline. I also watched YR back then. To me, YR and DAYS were completely different soaps with different approaches to storylines. I would prefer that it stay that way. Also, while the possession storyline was a bridge too far for me, it didn't seem like it was a departure for the show. The storyline didn't surprise me back then, it was just too far. So for me, that storyline fit within Days. It doesn't fit within YR.

Also, while it didn't work for me, I acknowledge that they got a lot of buzz and an increase in viewers both the first time and this recent time. The renewed interest has led to more things for the show, including a streaming special. So, I wouldn't agree that it didn't work.

• Mariko
                Mariko commented
                Editing a comment
                thecourt99 It may have worked in a PR sense. But, it didn't work in a narrative sense, which is my point. When you try and add on something that doesn't fit into a world later on that wouldn't fit with the way things started, it just doesn't work. That's world building 101. Just because something is popular and talked about doesn't necessarily mean it's good.

• thecourt99
                thecourt99 commented
                Editing a comment
                Mariko It depends on the goals. If popularity leads to viewers and ratings, then they would consider it to be good.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X