Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

CLOUDFARE Security Message

Over the past few days you may have received a "Checking if the site connection is secure" message when accessing the site. This is perfectly normal and not cause for alarm.

This message indicates that the server is confirming that the SSL (the "s" that you see in the https before web addresses) security is, in fact, secure. This is not some sort of advertisement and it is not some sort of nefarious hacking.

Cloudfare, which is a provide of web hosting and security, has recently added this layer of security on the Soap Central message boards platform as an added layer of security.

The message may occur any time that your browser makes a new connection to the boards. The message may also stop appearing at any time as the process is further integrated into the boards.
See more
See less

I think Ashland should be allowed visits with Harrison

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Theresa_Fan
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2007

I think Ashland should be allowed visits with Harrison

Do I like what Ashland did? No but Kyle's making a mistake. He loves that little boy and raised him.
  • Angeldar
    Scriptwriter
    • Aug 2011

If he loved he boy that much then he would never have shipped him overseas for months while he played his dirty game with the Newmans. The child would have and should have come first ahead of his money and his business and especially ahead of a fake illness.

Comment

• DallasGal
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jun 2008

I understand the battle might come back to bite Kyle but Ashland too. Ashland is going to have explain to Harrison one day why it was he shipped him off to Milan with Kyle.

Comment

• thecourt99
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jun 2008

He loves that boy, he raised him, and yet he allowed him to go overseas with a father that he barely knew so that he could lie about dying from cancer.

okay.

Comment

• jett626
          jett626 commented
          Editing a comment
          NO, Just because Ashland loves Harrison doesn't mean he is a good father. Just the opposite. Lot of bad fathers out there, Oh but, I love you.
          Ashland ego is bigger than his love for Harrison. Ashland has a lot of time right now so he now wants to see Harrison. Lot of Crap!
          Ready for Ashland to LEAVE TOWN.

• PennyB
          PennyB commented
          Editing a comment
          Harrison obviously has a link with Ashland---he called him Daddy and was glad to see him. Just cutting Ashland off is not a good idea for the child. Let them have a relationship that evolves into something honest. But I'd still like to see another paternity test.
      • Theresa_Fan
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Angeldar View Post
        If he loved he boy that much then he would never have shipped him overseas for months while he played his dirty game with the Newmans. The child would have and should have come first ahead of his money and his business and especially ahead of a fake illness.
        What is he going to do though? Fight Kyle for custody who is his biological father. With Tara in jail, Ashland had no rights.

Comment

• Angeldar
          Angeldar commented
          Editing a comment
          Of course he has rights. He's the boy's legal father. Even if Tara gets let out, He still has rights in which case he would have to fight against her and neither one of them are very credible. The only way Kyle "may" be denied custody is if he is not the bio father so if this thing goes to court it could become interesting.

• Dakotacat
          Dakotacat commented
          Editing a comment
          Not true. Ashland is Harrison's legal father. He has more rights than Kyle, actually. And Kyle is breaking their custody contract, so Ashland has a good case. Also, judges generally consider a parent's ability to care for the child, the relationship with the child, and the legality of the parent. They really don't care about a parent's lifestyle unless it puts the child at risk of physical harm. Even then, most judges don't like to take a child from its legal parent. IRL, the best Kyle could do would be visitation. And unless Tara has given up custody of Harrison, even if she's in jail, she still has custody.

• Chima
          Chima commented
          Editing a comment
          Theresa_Fan Ashland most certainly does has rights! For Harrison to be able to go tp Italy in the first place, Ashland had to grant permission. And Ashland's name is on the birth certificate and Harrison's last name is Locke. Also, there is a legal agreement with Kyle about Harrison.
      • Theresa_Fan
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by thecourt99 View Post
        He loves that boy, he raised him, and yet he allowed him to go overseas with a father that he barely knew so that he could lie about dying from cancer.

okay.
        I think Ashland did the right thing. He would have lost a custody battle.

Comment

• thecourt99
          thecourt99 commented
          Editing a comment
          I disagree that it was the right thing. I do recall dialogue from either Summer or Kyle stating that Harrison was aware that he was dying. Which puts more in the negative column for me.

• Angeldar
          Angeldar commented
          Editing a comment
          He would not have lost a custody battle at all if he had just taken the boy when Tara went to jail. If that had happened, then Kyle would have had to take him to court saying he is the bio father which "may" have given him some visitation rights but not rights to custody. However, in light of both parents being so shady, Kyle could easily win a court case...if..he is the boy's bio father and he could win regardless since Ashland handed him off to Kyle for several months. I say take the thing to court.

• PennyB
          PennyB commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd like to see another paternity test.
      • couplingchick
        Soap Addict
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by thecourt99 View Post

okay.
        Yep… from what I’ve seen Ashland has only recently realized he has a son and once again wants to now be in his life… you know once his lies and schemes were found out and he lost his wife Victoria

Comment

• *BackstreetGem*
          Board Regular
          • Feb 2019

Sure Kyle is against Ashland seeing Harrison now but I think he'll come around because of his interactions with Diane. Even though Harrison isn't Ashland's, he did raise him. Victor et all who want Ashland gone will put up a fight with Kyle. Newmans v. Abbotts.

Comment

• zenmaster5
            Soap Addict
            • May 2017

I wished Ashland didn't go to the extremes of getting Harrison out of the country so that he could put his scheme into play because that showed me he didn't care about Harrison just about accomplishing his goals of acquiring NE. Now that he's lost his wife and was booted out of the company, he wants to now latch onto Harrison and play daddy now.... I think the only way Ashland should see Harrison is if Harrison ask to see father because he has no idea what Ashland did so why deny him access to Ashland if he ask to see him.. that would be cruel in my opinion.

Comment

• esthermiguel
              Contract Poster
              • Mar 2007

It is really hard to believe anything that comes out of Ashland's mouth but I do sincerely believe he loves Harrison and loves Victoria.

Comment

• Sabine9
                Day Player
                • Jul 2021

Ashland has to prove now that he actually loves Harrison and Victoria by putting them first time and time again. I’d let him see Harrison only with Skyle or Jack around at all times.

Comment

• DebJN
                  Board Regular
                  • Oct 2019

On one hand, I love the relationship between Ashland and Harrison. I just can’t forget how he gave the boy to kyle to pull off his scheme. The other hand is that he couldn’t accept the fact that Harrison wasn’t his and that his wife had an affair.

Comment

• Penelope P
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Feb 2007

I think Ashland should be tarred and feathered and run through the streets. He's evil from the top of his grey hair to the tip of his toes!!

Comment

• Camille78
                      Camille78 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'd love to see Ashland tarred and feathered and run out of town, too. And, he may have raised Harrison for a few years, but he's not Harrison's dad (as of now), and Harrison is far from being raised. He still has years to go, and Kyle will be a much better father than Ashland could ever hope to be. Ashland is just an evil man, through and through, with no redeeming qualities.
                  • Soapfan54
                    Contract Poster
                    • Aug 2016

Ashland mentioned going to court on the childnappers on Thursday's show. It's about d*mn time! They have lost their minds and NONE of them are any better than Ashland OR Tara, for that matter! Can't wait for the court drama!

Comment

• Camille78
                      Camille78 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ashland isn't Harrison's biological father, though, not as far as we know now. As you said, judges aren't so keen to snatch children away from their biological parents. Harrison is miles better off with Kyle and the Abbotts. Just because a person hasn't been charged with a crime doesn't mean he hasn't committed one. Ashland has committed plenty to make him unfit to raise Harrison and Tara is in prison.

• Soapfan54
                      Soapfan54 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Camille78 Let me rephrase that: Judges are not keen on snatching children away from the parents that have raised them from birth, which usually are the biological parents. Harrison was raised from birth in a stable and loving home environment and disruption has occurred for less than a year. This would hardly be grounds to permanently separate Harrison from the parents he's known for all of his life. Kyle is the recently disclosed alleged biological father, but Ashland AND Tara are Harrison's LEGAL parents of record. Neither Kyle nor the Abbotts have even thought of the emotional ramifications on Harrison's well-being by their selfishly separating him from his birth father and mother. By that I mean making an effort to maintain contact between Harrison and his parents (such as visitation), for the child's emotional health. That means being unselfish for Harrison's sake, IF they're any better than the child's birth parents as they claim to be

I disagree that Kyle/Summer are more fit to raise Harrison than his legal parents. IMO, they're too immature. Plus, Harrison knows and still has a bond w/Ashland and Tara, despite their separation. This is evidenced by Harrison's still asking to see Ashland. Ashland/Tara cannot be wiped from Harrison's memory, he's too old. If he were an infant, then maybe, but he's not. I could see Harrison asking where his father and mother are, and either Kyle or Summer telling the child that he cannot see his birth parents anymore because they're "bad" people! I would not put it past those juvenile snobs!

• Camille78
                      Camille78 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's fine to disagree. I still want Harrison to be with Kyle and Summer. What we know right now is he's Kyle's son, so Kyle should have custody of him. I wouldn't let Ashland or Tara raise a gerbil.
                  • Leanna Love
                    Board Regular
                    • Mar 2021

Legally speaking, Ashland still has the right to see his child. Even if Harrison isn't his biological son, Ashland did not give up all rights to him. Also, Harrison has known Ashland as his father for his whole life. Tara is also the boy's legal mother. Committing a crime doesn't result in automatic relinquishing all custody of your child. If that were true, there are several other characters that would've lost custody of their children years ago.

Comment

• Soapfan54
                      Soapfan54 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      EXACTLY!!!

• Camille78
                      Camille78 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't think it has ever been spelled out what Ashland did or didn't give up as regards Harrison.

• Soapfan54
                      Soapfan54 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      At best, Ashland gave Kyle temporary legal guardianship. Temporary means temporary. Ashland is too cunning and brazen to give his son away to the likes of Kyle/Summer. They were dupes and fit only to babysit while Ashland pulled off his "shenanigans," and nothing more. The immature ones are too blind w/entitlement to know they are dealing w/a king cobra. If Ashland were able to limit Harrison's LEGAL mother's visitation, what do the Abbott's think he is capable of doing to THEM for attempting to steal his child? It's all entitled fun & games until the ish hits the fan!

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍