Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What was Nate thinking confronting Ashland.

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cugsie
    Board Regular
    • May 2009

What was Nate thinking confronting Ashland.

Why did he not go to Victor first so he would know the whole truth and be his back up. Now who knows what will happen to Nate.
  • Angeldar
    Soap Addict
    • Aug 2011

Wow yes!!! I thought the same thing...now do we have to see him go missing too?

Comment

• Shoelover
      Shoelover commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, I'm thinking he will indeed go missing. Or have a serious accident that results in him going into a coma.
  • AngieB5070
    Board Regular
    • Aug 2020

I know right? Not a smart move Dr. Hastings. He should have gone straight to Victoria. She would trust and listen to him. He should have made his second stop Victor. Kind of worry about Nate's well being now.

Comment

• JJ1
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Mar 2009

Just to draw out this whole befuddled mess. Victoria can't come around soon enough....gotta make her look more stupid!

Comment

• taramartin
        taramartin commented
        Editing a comment
        Is it possible for her to look more stupid?

• henyvo02
        henyvo02 commented
        Editing a comment
        It is not possible for Victoria to look more stupid then she already does....lol
    • Angeldar
      Soap Addict
      • Aug 2011

Let's hope Nate's next move will be to call Victor and ask him to meet him there at Society. Hopefully he isn't dumb enough to leave alone.

Comment

• WorldTurner
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jan 2006

Nate is a good guy and sadly I don't think he gets how ruthless Ashland really is. I think he thought he could talk some sense into him. Big mistake.

Comment

• taramartin
          Soap Addict
          • Oct 2013

At least they met in a public place but Nate should've invited Victor or Nick or almost anyone to meet them there.

Comment

• caitie
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Mar 2010

What you all suggest is a real life, common sense thing to do. However, for the sake of the story, the drama and the shattered pseudo friendship, I enjoyed these scenes with Nate calling Ashland out in person.

As well, I don't think that Nate risks kidnapping or physical harm at Ashland's hands. Ashland has already pointed out the risk to Nate - the possible loss of his medical license for looking into Ashland's medical records without the patient's permission. (No doctor can look legally look into another patient's files without that patient's permission.)

But Ashland's secret is so heinous and so damaging that Nate is willing to take that risk.

Comment

• zenmaster5
              zenmaster5 commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree caitie. I enjoyed the scene between Nate and Ashland. I only wish Nate had gone to Victor first then confront Ashland with what he knew so at least Victor would be aware just in case anything did happen to Nate. I too don't believe Ashland will have Nate kidnapped but he will probably try to damage Nate in some other way like losing his medical license for obtaining the information the way that he did. Ashland probably won't stop there, he will probably go after the people Nate loves like Elena, and even Devon.

• zenmaster5
              zenmaster5 commented
              Editing a comment
              SBT4171, I hope Nate is wearing a wire to capture the whole conversation of Ashland and his lies and even his threats to Nate. I think really that's one of the only ways to expose this fraud.

• Soapfan54
              Soapfan54 commented
              Editing a comment
              caitie I also enjoyed these scenes. Totally agree re: Nate calling Ashland out in person!
          • Good Kitty
            Contract Poster
            • Jun 2015

Nate seems to act impulsively without much forethought before he acts. He decides on the spur of the moment to have unprotected sex with his cousin’s girlfriend and next he decides within a day or two to give up a prestigious desk job because it’s just pushing papers for a newly created job pushing more papers. And call me old fashioned but if I’m a department head at a hospital where a friend of mine who is dying of cancer is receiving treatment and I know his doctors I would ask for permission to talk to his doctors before co-signing on some experimental treatment for my friend and I would at minimum have introduced myself to his doctors as his friend. I would also take time to notice if medical reports supposedly generated from the hospital where I worked were legitimate or not. So Nate’s poorly thought through actions today did not surprise me.

Comment

• Angeldar
              Angeldar commented
              Editing a comment
              either way, to make it legal, it still adds up to Ashland having to give permission. Other doctors are not allowed to talk to Nate about a patient's condition so I doubt Nate would have gotten anywhere by doing research ahead of time. There is no way Nate would uncover any of that without illegal snooping as he now did. At the time, Nate was not looking to change career paths and he also had no reason to distrust Ashland so why would he put his job on the line. Ashland's case didn't concern him.
              Last edited by Angeldar; March 15, 2022, 03:27 PM.

• xoregonian
              xoregonian commented
              Editing a comment
              We really don't know if Nate and Elena had unprotected sex. Doesn't every young person in America carry a condom in their wallet or purse? Moot point. Anyway...

Thank you for posting what I have always thought. If big, bad Ashland Locke-ness Monster was in MY hospital having treatment, surely I would have seen/heard other doctors discussing the fact that such a huge New York Businessman was getting treated in my hospital. Not to say they would unethically discuss the particulars, but just being discussed as co-workers. Happens all the time in hospitals.

That said, doesn't the fact that he really isn't even "Ashland Locke" make any confidential privileges null and void? No one is going to get charged with a crime over peeking at medical records (JMO).
          • CloverLeaf
            Scriptwriter
            • Jul 2017

I think part of the reason Nate confronted Ashland alone was because he reviewed Ashland's medical records. If Nate revealed those medical records to someone other than the patient, it would be a breach of their privacy and he could be in a lot of legal trouble. Yes, Nate did review Ashland's records that for some reason he wasnt supposed to, but at least he didnt reveal his findings to someone other than the patient.

I also think that Nate wanted to feel Ashland out. He wanted to see Ashland's reaction. Would he deny what Nate found out? In the end, Ashland came off as slimy, so now Nate knows for sure it was a deliberate rouse. Now Nate has to worry about what Ashland will do to him. I'm sure he realizes that Ashland is dangerous.

Comment

• xoregonian
              xoregonian commented
              Editing a comment
              Nate has mentioned seeing some of Ashland's medical files before. Maybe they were faked by Ashland, but we don't know that.

Just last week Nate said about Ashland, "Everything I've seen supports his diagnosis". So he's seen some medical records already.
          • littleliz
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            • Nov 2016

He probably should have told Victor first. I thought Nate had checked all the records. Glad at least he
            will be staying at the hospital. Michael must have sent info before disappearing. He needs to come
            back now.

Comment

• Theresa_Fan
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jul 2007

I feel Nate's about to be kidnapped but he considers Ashland a friend, so maybe that is why he went to him first.

Comment

• henyvo02
                henyvo02 commented
                Editing a comment
                Once Nate tells Victor everythng there is no reason to kidnap Nate .
            • Topaz25
              Board Regular
              • Aug 2016

I loved Nate's actions today. He was awesome. Yet, I now fear for his safety. Ashland isn't playing games. He's playing for keeps and will do whatever is necessary to come out on top. Nate must realize that. I sincerly hope he does. I also hope he doesn't leave alone. Call someone and say what you know!!! But sadly, any call Nate makes will probably be along the lines of, 'I need to see you. I'm coming over,' and he will never get there.

Comment

• caitie
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Good Kitty View Post
                Nate seems to act impulsively without much forethought before he acts. He decides on the spur of the moment to have unprotected sex with his cousin’s girlfriend and next he decides within a day or two to give up a prestigious desk job because it’s just pushing papers for a newly created job pushing more papers. And call me old fashioned but if I’m a department head at a hospital where a friend of mine who is dying of cancer is receiving treatment and I know his doctors I would ask for permission to talk to his doctors before co-signing on some experimental treatment for my friend and I would at minimum have introduced myself to his doctors as his friend. I would also take time to notice if medical reports supposedly generated from the hospital where I worked were legitimate or not. So Nate’s poorly thought through actions today did not surprise me.
                Nate didn't "co-sign" on the Peruvian treatment. He read the studies, as requested and advised against it, saying it was a long shot.

"There has been some promising research about the experimental treatment you found. But I would say it’s still a last resort. Chances of improvement remain slim. I understand this is not what you want to hear."

Comment

• xoregonian
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Feb 2014

So everybody thinks Nate is going to be kidnapped? Wow.

Comment

• SBT4171
                    SBT4171 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I feel that Ashland now sees Nate as a threat so, yes, I'm worried about Nate's safety. Maybe he told someone else he was going to confront Ashland. I'm interested to see how this plays out.

• xoregonian
                    xoregonian commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maybe Elena will save Nate. lol

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X