Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What’s wrong with Ashland becoming CCEO of Newman Locke?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Good Kitty
    Contract Poster
    • Jun 2015

What’s wrong with Ashland becoming CCEO of Newman Locke?

Isn’t Ashland the Locke in Newman Locke? Why can’t he be co-CEO? It sounds like Victor is just trying to do to Ashland what he’s accusing Ashland of - take over control of another man’s company. But right now Ashland seems to be beating Victor at his own game and I love it.
  • Fanlady
    Executive Poster
    • Dec 2010

Yeah, that part I don’t understand. Ashland didn’t just sign over his company to Newman, it was an equal merger, the writers needs to make this make sense, currently they are writing this as if Ashland has no power over his part of Newman/Locke. I even remember there was supposed to be these twin towers type building where one read Newman and the other Locke, but I remember Victoria saying she wanted to have offices close to one another preferably in the same building. But the writers are acting like Locke was some janitor that married Victoria and now trying to get a high position.

Comment

• henyvo02
      Senior Board Member
      • Sep 2008

I think the point is that he does not want to just be CO CEO but he wants to be the only CEO.

Comment

• zenmaster5
        zenmaster5 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I am thinking too! Now he just may have a shot at it with Victoria signing the document making him CO CEO

• Flower forever
        Flower forever commented
        Editing a comment
        So true Victoria as her father told her when she to over as CEO That She I was now playing with the big boy .I guess it went to her head and not in a good way. I am looking forward to her crashing and burning.
    • RedheadTeacher
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Feb 2006

Given the lengths that we've seen Ashland go to get to this place, I wouldn't underestimate what he'll do to make himself the only CEO.

Comment

• Good Kitty
        Contract Poster
        • Jun 2015

If Ashland’s plan is to take over NE, there will be at least 3 Newmans he’s going to have to take down first, each one with a long history of using underhanded tactics to gain or stay in power. How afraid of Ashland is Victor?

Comment

• CloverLeaf
          Scriptwriter
          • Jul 2017

Originally posted by RedheadTeacher View Post
          Given the lengths that we've seen Ashland go to get to this place, I wouldn't underestimate what he'll do to make himself the only CEO.
          EW... do you think Ashland will do something to Victoria? Maybe he'll poison her, a little every day. She'll start to feel ill and he'll encourage her to stay home and take care of herself while he goes into the office and runs NL however he wants.

I'm sure, at some point, Victoria will be saved but will Newman Locke, or should I say, the Newman Enterprises half of NL, still be within her control? Will she ever be able to regain control of daddy's company? Ashland will probably divest some of the holding of NL and make them part of some shadow corporation of his somewhere so Victor can never get them back.

It might get good. I really dont care for business intrigue but if Ashland poisons Victoria, I could get some pleasure out of that. ? As much as Victor annoys me, I do hope he beats the Lochness Monster at his own game.

Comment

• DallasGal
            DallasGal commented
            Editing a comment
            I am torn. I hated the JT story but along comes Ashland, who could abuse Victoria too. It would be a good story if he plots to eliminate his co-CEO. But, I am holding out hope that Victoria switched the document Ashland just signed. He did not read it over again before signing.
        • Praxis
          Day Player
          • Dec 2018

Locke wants it all, not just co-CEO.

If Victor was so concerned about Locke taking over Newman Enterprise by fair means or foul, manipulating Victoria to become co-CEO, why didn't he call the NE board and have Victoria temporarily removed as CEO and return to the big office to stop Locke?

Victor controls more stock and stockholders than Victoria and Locke. Use the power you've spent a lifetime collecting to end Locke's power play and stop going to Adam who is no help and has no ideas.

Stupid.

Comment

• zenmaster5
            zenmaster5 commented
            Editing a comment
            Great question as to why Victor didn't call the members of the board together to discuss temporarily removing Victoria from the CEO position. It would of been a smart move on Victor's part to stop Ashland from destroying his legacy that he worked so hard to build for his family.
        • zenmaster5
          Soap Addict
          • May 2017

Everything is wrong in my opinion.... Locke can't be trusted in business. Seeing his face today after signing the CO CEO contract leads me to believe that this is the beginning of total control and conquer of N/L for Ashland. Victoria has assured him that she believes and trust him which is all he needed to hear to put the rest of his plans in operation I feel. Ashland ruined the relationship between Victoria and Victor so she will be totally reliant and devoted to him. Ashland has been a powerful businessman for years but now he's even more powerful at N/L able to make decisions and changes just like Victoria. I wonder what he has in store for N/L and it's employees now!

Comment

• WorldTurner
            WorldTurner commented
            Editing a comment
            Victoria also had sort of a strange look when Ashland signed that. Plus she did try to call Michael so she seems to have some concern. Ashland signed the contract without looking at it again. I would love if Victoria had some sort of loophole put in it that protects her and the company.

• DallasGal
            DallasGal commented
            Editing a comment
            @WorldTurner

I picked up on Victoria’s look too. I would love for her to have changed the document that Ashland signed without reading it.

• zenmaster5
            zenmaster5 commented
            Editing a comment
            WorldTurner, you are right about Victoria and that strange look she had on her face. I wonder what she was thinking... I hope since Ashland didn't read the contract that Victoria indeed slipped in some kind of loophole too!
            I truly hope Victoria hasn't put all her faith and trust into Ashland. She did call Michael so that is a good sign that she's thinking.
        • JJ1
          I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
          • Mar 2009

He committed fraud telling Victoria he was dying. If I were Victor I'd see him pay. Plus he isn't even who he says he is.

Comment

• Lightdeb
            Board Regular
            • Sep 2013

Victor is focused on minimizing Victoria's heartbreak. He has not discussed saving his company. That's the ridiculous part of this story.

Comment

• CloverLeaf
              CloverLeaf commented
              Editing a comment
              You know, you're right. Victor only cares about Victoria's feelings. (Since when? LOL) It's always been company first with him, but not this time. Strange.
          • mikewriter
            Recurring Poster
            • Jun 2004

Not sure but I love Robert Newman's Ashland. Such a good creep. I did not care for the other actor that previosuly played the character.

Comment

• ekek
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Mar 2004

Ashland has already tried to make deals behind Vikki's back. He can wheel and deal and benefit himself and ultimately get complete power.

Comment

• Smithey
                Board Regular
                • Feb 2018

Great question! The writing hasn't told us and the audience is left to wonder. Poor, horrible writing!

Comment

• Coralee Hollow
                  Day Player
                  • Jan 2019

I have had a feeling for a while that Victoria may have been fooling Ashland all along. I thought at the beginning of their romance that she was faking it to get control of his company.

Comment

• smokeyjune1
                    Soap Addict
                    • Oct 2011

Robert Newman is doing a great job as Ashland. I can't figure out what he is up to or whether he is lying or not! He is so mysterious now. I liked the first Ashland, but he didn't have this duplicitous nature that Robert N portrays.

Comment

• YDoIStillWatch
                      YDoIStillWatch commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He is good isn't he? I can't figure it out either but love watching him. I wanted Ashland to make Victor and Newman sweat for a run. Looks like I may be getting my wish. It should not be easy for Victor this time. What if Ashland is setting up Victor having paid the doctors to give Michael false info? Just having someone a step ahead of Victor for awhile is interesting to me.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X