• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • perky7kc
    Scriptwriter
    • Apr 2006

So sick of Devon being praised

Next thing he will stop world hunger. I can’t even stand looking at him anymore.
  • Rubythroat1
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2014

Something has " to give" in this story soon. I'm sorry-- one father and mother to a child. End of story.

Comment

• Angeldar
      Soap Addict
      • Aug 2011

I agree. Wish they would change this storyline up. Now they are all 4 parents sitting around having Chinese food and Amanda saying it will be nice that all of them will be having birthday parties and Christmases together and Abby looking very disgruntled but agreeing...Then they are thanking him for donating the bone marrow and falling all over him. The baby cries and he runs up the stairs behind Abby. I can't take much more of this mess. I really thought when Nate showed up that he was going to say something about getting blood work done, maybe discussing the bone marrow results, but, he said nothing. Why are they needing to share social events, etc with Devon? He has his time allotted. I doubt even parents who are divorced share their time together to this extent. I would be bonkers if I figured I had to share my child with another couple for the next 18 years, not to mention every time he wipes the kid's nose, he will be praised.

Comment

• aussiegal87
        aussiegal87 commented
        Editing a comment
        What's sad is Devon didn't run up the stair BEHIND Abby, he ran up IN FRONT of her.
        Nice guy...NOT
        The mother isn't allowed to get to her OWN baby first in her OWN home. Devon has to be first. All for a diaper change.
    • Russellgm
      Contract Poster
      • Apr 2018

And me too. They only thing they are succeeding vat is to make the viewers hate him. They are trying to turn him into Neil one of the most beloved characters on this show but it is backfiring, it has just the opposite, he is one of the most hated.

Comment

• Frank52
        Frank52 commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly, they are trying to have Devon take Neil's place as respected and wise head of the Winters clan, but are failing miserably. They are being too heavy handed and force feeding the fan base the notion that Devon is the greatest thing since sliced bread, by having all of the other characters worship the ground he walks on. It has had the opposite effect. He comes across as a preachy self-centered know it all.

• Betsey
        Betsey commented
        Editing a comment
        I totally agree. TPTB should be ashamed. Devon's behavior right now is an insult to Neil. How dare they do this to Neil's memory! RIP KSJ

• CloverLeaf
        CloverLeaf commented
        Editing a comment
        I never thought of that but you could be right. They are setting Devon up as the new Neil. I guess they had to give him a kid to whom he could pass on all his pearls of wisdom. Unfortunately they went about it the wrong way. Instead of showing true understanding and compassion like Neil, Devon is proving to be the anti-Neil. He's selfishness with an overinflated ego.
    • QTPie
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Jan 2008

I just mute the scenes now.

I get the whole "it takes a village" but this is ridiculous and infuriating. This has been one hellish of a long year from inception/conception and it doesn't seem it will ever end.

They have a nurse in Dom's room AND video monitors but they are all on pins and needles

And didn't Abby say the other day that they may regret not letting her family know what is going on with the illness?

Comment

• Angeldar
        Angeldar commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope there is a meaning behind what she said in that once Victor finds out and hears that crap that Christine told them about the agreement that he will go all over this situation. That child is not out of the woods yet anyways. They still may need another donor but..PLEASE...!! wrap this storyline up and turn it into something normal.

• Tjsands1
        Tjsands1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed !!!!!
    • Fightcrab
      Board Regular
      • Apr 2020

What if Abby and her family want to move to another city? Would Devon be able to stop it?

Comment

• Little Lulu
        Little Lulu commented
        Editing a comment
        Dallas; "law according to christine" lol

• CloverLeaf
        CloverLeaf commented
        Editing a comment
        After the horse hockey Christine handed Abby and Chance, I cant look at her. Is there be a more stupid attorney anywhere? She didnt even fight for her clients! She just tells them to hand over the rights to their child.

• Fightcrab
        Fightcrab commented
        Editing a comment
        @CloverLeaf,
        I think his demands will escalate until they find out he is not the sperm donor. Anyway, he stole Abby's baby. Why does not he make his own baby with Amanda? Maybe then Amanda won't encourage his demands to Dom. She would want him to spend more time with her baby. BTW, she needs to start her family asap as she is not that young.
    • Russellgm
      Contract Poster
      • Apr 2018

Maybe Christine need her license revoked. I don't mean any harm but we have not had any good writing since Bill Bell passed. What sense does that make,can't bother drawing up a legal, binding document if it is no good or are we suppose to look like we are stuck of stupid.

Comment

• CloverLeaf
        CloverLeaf commented
        Editing a comment
        What is so infuriating is that Christine didnt even go to court over it. Just because there are no definitive laws currently on the books (according to her), she should still have gone to court and perhaps set precedent for future families in the same situation. It is just very unimaginative writing. They just take the easy way out at every turn to elicit the outcome they want. This falls on the writers themselves. Either do the research and write something that makes sense or find a different line of work.
    • bronxgal
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Jun 2005

Devon is not perfect, but he is a good man overall. I am sure there are many who don’t hate him but don’t want to wade into the negativity.

As for Dom having two fathers I am fine with that. All three of them love Dom and want the best for him.

Comment

• bronxgal
        bronxgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Fightcrab it is only confusing if the parents make it so. If a
        child sees it as normal there is no confusion if the child has two houses. Dom will grow up this way since day one after awhile he will just sees it as normal.

I don’t think there is any big paternity reveal on the horizon. The illness was just to reaffirm the community baby ideal and bring Devon and Abby/Chance together. I doubt they are taking another child away from Devon.

Devon offering his sperm was the big problem with this story in the first places. It was offensive to many viewers. The writers are correcting that grievous aspect to the story.

• Fightcrab
        Fightcrab commented
        Editing a comment
        So are you saying that all people who love your baby and babysat it for a couple of weeks should have custody? The more parents the better. My son's nanny loves his children very much. I wonder if she should apply for custod

• bronxgal
        bronxgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Fightcrab I your Nanny the biological mother? are they a dear friend of mine for years and has been there during the entire pregnancy and been my rock? Because that is how the situation you propose would be equal.

Yes I would empathy for him changing his mind and I would not begrudge him his
        rights. It would not be easy but I would give him shared custody especially at one or two days a week.
    • Angeldar
      Soap Addict
      • Aug 2011

Too many cooks spoil the broth......

Comment

• abbott&fenmore
        Board Regular
        • Jun 2011

Tomorrow’s episode Devon will walk on water

Comment

• Nancy T
          Nancy T commented
          Editing a comment
          Next week on the Young & the restless Devon turns water into wine.
      • CloverLeaf
        Scriptwriter
        • Jul 2017

They should hand out barf bags every time this s/l is on.

Comment

• Betsey
          Betsey commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL, today I was thinking....I don't think I have ANY MORE vomit to throw up....all I've got left is the dry heaves!
          Too much nausea from this sl
      • aussiegal87
        Board Regular
        • Jan 2011

I agree, it's sickening. ???

Lily should make up some matching T-shirts for Abby & Chance that say..

THANK YOU DEVON! on them so they just put them every time Devon comes over.

This way they won't get hoarse singing him praises.

Comment

• Betsey
          Betsey commented
          Editing a comment
          OMG, LOL!!! Amanda and Chance would proudly wear them and pass them out all around town.
      • PriceIsRight
        Day Player
        • Oct 2021

I would thank anyone who's trying to help restore my child's health. I don't care if he is his father. Nothing wrong with being grateful after someone helps you.

Comment

• Jerze
          Jerze commented
          Editing a comment
          You are absolutely right.
      • Abby_fan
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jun 2015

Devon is a good person. Who wouldn’t praise the man who saved their child’s life!

Comment

• Fightcrab
          Fightcrab commented
          Editing a comment
          Devon is not a hero. He offered his sperm, nobody asked him to. He put Abby in a difficult situation. If she refused his sperm he might've been offended. That was very arrogant of him. What if she did not like his type, his looks, him being a friend etc?
          And his baby with Hilary died. Too many factors indicating he was not the right sperm donor. Now he basically stole Abby and Chance's baby. That's the reason I hope he is not the sperm donor. Someone else's sperm was used.

• Abby_fan
          Abby_fan commented
          Editing a comment
          Fightcrab Like it or not, Devon saved Dom’s life. He is a hero.

Devon didn’t put a gun to Abby’s head. She had a choice of baby daddy sperm. I am curious to know why Abby would not like Devon’s type. ?
          Last edited by Abby_fan; February 27, 2022, 10:02 PM.

• Fightcrab
          Fightcrab commented
          Editing a comment
          Many people like a certain type. Like blue eyes or tall hight. I know you want to know if its about his race. Its possible too. Type includes many characteristics. He was deaf, maybe its hereditary. Its all just suggestions. The fact is people fall in love with certain people and not everybody. Viewers don't like the fact that he is such a hero. He would much more likeable if he did not demand custody. I actually liked him before this s/l. They ruined him for me. As to him donating his blood there are many unrelated blood donors. At one point I wanted a blood transplant (actually its called stem cells transplant) for my lymphoma. But opted for another treatment. Still might end up with it.
          Last edited by Fightcrab; February 27, 2022, 10:18 PM.
      • presbyterian
        Scriptwriter
        • Feb 2012

i FF everything devon

Comment

• Rubythroat1
          Rubythroat1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a taped flap on my small screen in the kitchen. When Devon is on--the flap is down and on mute.
          It is down to a fine art.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
      Working...
      X