Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The lack of "extras" to fill in Mariah's & Tessa's party?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The lack of "extras" to fill in Mariah's & Tessa's party?

It just looked really thin. Like they truly have no friends outside if their family, er make that Mariah's family.
    I know. I know, I'm nit picking, but that's what I do😁😆.

That was a sad little engagement party, they had more food and decorations then they had guest! Thought maybe some people that work with Mariah or Tessa’s music people would be there!

Comment

• Good Kitty
      Good Kitty commented
      Editing a comment
      Doesn’t Tessa a band? How come we never see any of the band members or her agent? And isn’t Jack Mariah’s boss. He should have been there.

Man I'm so tired of seeing the same sets its so sad that this is happening to the #1 soap I guess Sharon's set was taken down otherwise I'm sure they would have had it at the cottage they must have Guiding Lights budget from 2005-2008 smh I'm Glad General Hospital which I watch also has great sets!

Comment

All that work for 7 people.

Comment

I'm wondering if maybe the show's Covid protocol is still only allowing a limited number of people on the set at the same time. Hence - no Nikki & Victor, and Kevin & Chloe just sending a gift. Kevin was instrumental in getting Mariah and Tessa together in the first place.
        I'm just glad that Noah didn't go off the deep end. I can hardly bear watching him any more!

Comment

• Mariko
          Mariko commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd lay odds in Vegas it was Covid protocols. They'd be pretty irresponsible if they weren't still only allowing small numbers, really.

• WorldTurner
          WorldTurner commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm quite sure it was Covid protocols. I think this was taped after the holidays. It's my understanding they had a lot of positive tests for cast and crew so were limited in who could work. I doubt they wanted to add extras to the mix.

• Pamcho
          Pamcho commented
          Editing a comment
          This show is on a low budget. There is only 1 extra per scene at the public places. I think covid is an excuse at this point. They didn't want to spend money on a doll. Dom was a blanket for months, for Pete's sake!

While watching those scenes I was wondering why Tessa's family wasn't there. Does Tessa even have any family? I don't recall her mentioning her parents or siblings. I don't remember where she even came from.

Comment

• taramartin
          taramartin commented
          Editing a comment
          She had a younger sister that had gone missing in Tessa's early days on the soap. I think the sister is fine now and we never hear of her. Someone else might remember
          It might have been human trafficking.

• luv2write
          luv2write commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh now that does sound vaguely familiar. Thank you for the reminder!

YR is really limiting the number of people on set because of Omicron. I don't like it, but I do understand it. Safety is more important.

Comment

The same thing happened with Sharon and Rey's wedding. All of those cakes and a handful of people.

Comment

If the writers know there will be limited people, why do they have enough food for 100? That is so dumb.

Comment

• Good Kitty
              Good Kitty commented
              Editing a comment
              The rest of the cast and crew have to eat.

It seems that these characters have no other friends than those in their immediate social circle, it's been this way for years.....

Comment

Yes, it certainly was a sad little party. Back in the good old days Kevin and Chole would have attended, Victoria, Victor and Nikki, and even Jack and possibly another Abbott or two, and even Billy & Lilly. Certainly Devon and his better half. It would have been held at the Athletic Club and been a really interesting event with different scenes involving all of the characters. They really should just stop doing these get togethers if they can't have a decent group of people attend. JMO.

Comment

What's the point of having a room full of people we dont know? They are just in the way and contribute nothing to the event other than to be filler. Yes, it looked sparse but I was okay with it. I was glad for the absence of Billy and Lily. I could have done without St. Devon and Queen Amanda as well. They were only there to keep the pressure on Abby and Chance about being good parents.

Comment

The whole thing was cringeworthy.

Comment

It's gotten to where they just have way too much "filler" content to cover for lazy writing. Too many parties and get together at Society and Grand Phoenix where everyone sits around and rehashes all of the same old stories we've already seen. I am so tired of it.

Comment

As it was supposed to be a combination record launch and engagement party, I thought the attendance was pretty minimal. The decorations were gorgeous, and the food could have fed an army. I can understand if they're dealing with Covid restrictions, but why not then just make it a family gathering to celebrate the engagement instead of the grand gesture with such a small band of attendees?

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X