Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

IF Dom is not Devon's baby would he still want custody?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsMalin
    Senior Board Member
    • Aug 2018

IF Dom is not Devon's baby would he still want custody?

There has been a lot of speculation that Dom is not Devon's son. If it turns out that he somehow is not, would Devon still want custody? Also, would this automatically negate everything legally automatically?
  • 1catlover3
    Board Regular
    • Feb 2009

To me he doesn't have any right because he is no relation to Dom. The real bio dad might be a different story depending on what he would want if they find him. They signed the document thinking he is related to Dom so it's anyone's guess what the writers will do.

Comment

• NolaAnn
      Contract Poster
      • Jul 2011

Being the jerk he is, I would say yes. He would argue that he has bonded with the child and has his best interests at heart. But if that's the case, I hope Abby slams the door in his two-face and say, absolutely NOT!!!

Comment

• MsMalin
        MsMalin commented
        Editing a comment
        That is kind of what I am thinking. Chance is inadequate in Devons mind.

• Nancy T
        Nancy T commented
        Editing a comment
        Chance & Abby could be the Waltons & Devon would still think he was inadequate.

• gippsy
        gippsy commented
        Editing a comment
        That's exactly what I would say. Devon is one entitled jerk.
    • PassingThrough
      Board Regular
      • Nov 2014

What if Abby's egg wasn't implanted in Mariah's womb? Perhaps there was a lab mixup and the wrong egg was selected. The baby could belong to Devon and some totally random woman that none of them know. Could be an easy out to wrap up this mess of a story.

Comment

• MsMalin
        MsMalin commented
        Editing a comment
        OMG, then it wouldn't be Abby's child either. What a mess that would be.
    • Janet0612
      Newcomer
      • Jan 2021

Maybe the baby has leukemia. That would make Abby be in shock and Devon being devastated?

Comment

• CloverLeaf
        CloverLeaf commented
        Editing a comment
        Didnt Deliah have Leukemia, and that's why Victor found Billy in Myanmar and brought him back to GC years ago? (Billy donated bone marrow or whatever and she was cured.)
    • DallasGal
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jun 2008

Would the writers kill off the baby? I really don’t like the children killed off but it would end this horrible story.

Ducking for cover because it is a horrible suggestion.

Comment

• kha
        kha commented
        Editing a comment
        I would hate for that heartache to be inflicted on Abby — as much as she's annoyed me over the past year. Devon, now ... I so hope he's not the bio dad and Abby kicks his butt out of her house. Smug Amanda too! Devon and Amanda can go make their own baby.

• CloverLeaf
        CloverLeaf commented
        Editing a comment
        I know what you mean DallasGal. I'm not a fan of killing off children but it is a way out of this mess. If they do remove the baby, at least we know IRL the baby is fine.

• dedicatedsoaper
        dedicatedsoaper commented
        Editing a comment
        DallasGal, I'm with you. That is exactly what I was wondering they might do...
    • DebJN
      Board Regular
      • Oct 2019

Absolutely Devon would want full custody of Dom and blame Chance for been incompetent. It made me sick when he told Mariah and Tessa if they needed advice to call him. Father of the year, that one. Besides, Devon would feel like it was his duty to take care of Dom seeing as no one else can.

Comment

• MsMalin
        MsMalin commented
        Editing a comment
        I hated that too as if he is Parent of the Year

• Angeldar
        Angeldar commented
        Editing a comment
        YES, I heard that too. ...go to him for advice.... WTH! we need to see this guy walk out of that situation with nothing, in fact, wouldn't it be priceless if it were his cup donation and not Chance's that was not viable? That would mean no kids for him...well unless he were to ask for some help to make one...who would even consider it
    • oltlfan11
      Board Regular
      • Dec 2011

He may still want him but he wouldn't have a case

Comment

• janetn
        janetn commented
        Editing a comment
        Devon being the biological father was the basis for wanting shared custody and all his demands. He and Abby weren't together, so If he isn't the father then he would have no rights and being the godfather doesn't give him rights to anything either. His opinion of Chance wouldn't matter, Abby would raise her son on her own if she had to.

• Angeldar
        Angeldar commented
        Editing a comment
        I also hope if they find out he is not the father, they decide to pull all those names and just go with the Dominic or Dominic Phillip Chancellor or Dominic Newman Chancellor.
    • GwenSharonteam
      Senior Board Member
      • Oct 2015

The child is biracial so it would be hard to tell it’s another sperm donor,.. and no he couldn’t be Nate in that situation either, so yes .. if they go for blood, I guess the only person they can take off even more it’s Abby as usual .. does a pervert writer will keep taking even deeper in a rabbit hole this storyline from the deep is already fallen , I hope not .. but you never know,…, I just hope this story would come to an end soon, because for a child who was born way before the term in pregnancy..they managed to drag that story endlessly until now …, but in same time it shows again Devon who just give his sperm too fast and with no health checking, and no is not Abby who needed of asking but any person who give his sperm should have their sperm controlled for anything .. because there is illness that infant received when two parents are incompatible , and give a short and awful life to the their child .. usually in this case you check before you get married more often, and doctor advice couple not having child together, or even in the past not getting married.. so yeah , they can go in plenty direction but we already suffer with this story .. writers really needed to put Dominic in sleep mode as all other children , and we move on…

Comment

• GwenSharonteam
        GwenSharonteam commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s obvious the child is biracial , meaning he has a full white parent and a mixed race other parent, that’s mean it’s still biracial, production who knew how people will be looking in at very closely to the skin tone of the actor child has respected the way a real child from Abby and Devon should look, ..so yes and it’s called biracial even he look more Caucasian because he has 75% from Abby and Devon western descendant and remaining only 25% of AA descendants from Devon … so the child cannot be Stitch or Nate either…

• dedicatedsoaper
        dedicatedsoaper commented
        Editing a comment
        GwenSharonteam you are assuming that Dom is Devon's...I think several people are considering him not being the father at all and that would mean there is no proof the child is bi-racial.

• GwenSharonteam
        GwenSharonteam commented
        Editing a comment
        But the actor child is biracial .. is the reason it would be hard to give another DNA, beside if they mixup with another mixed race donor in their lab , what would be one chance in a million ?… and yes the cutie baby that plays Dominic is, even people think is not, you could see in his skin tone and feature, even he has blue eyes what he can have ..
    • proudsoapfan
      Board Regular
      • Mar 2018

If Dwvon isn't biologically related will Abby entertain shared custody with the bio dad who loves Dominic too?

Comment

• Angeldar
        Angeldar commented
        Editing a comment
        How could the bio dad love him when he has never met him unless it turns out to be Chance? After the Devon fiasco, if Chance turns out to be the father then ok, but if not, and they do find out who it is, they need to keep it to themselves. If this person shows up, they still owe him nothing. That's the chance you take when you leave your stuff in labs, especially in GC.

• CloverLeaf
        CloverLeaf commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully he would just be a sperm donor from 1000 miles away who could care less that his sperm was used by someone in need.
    • Shoelover
      Contract Poster
      • Dec 2017

Considering the GC hospital lab is notorious for mixups, I’m betting Devon isn’t Dom’s biological father which will make that shared custody contract null & void. Then Abby & Chance can work on being a family w/Dom & be in control of if & when Devon sees Dom.

Comment

• CloverLeaf
        CloverLeaf commented
        Editing a comment
        Are we sure it would void the agreement? I can see Saint Devon still wanting partial custody. What a guy! ?

• janetn
        janetn commented
        Editing a comment
        I would think that Devon not being the biological father would void any agreement that was signed in the belief that he is. He would be nothing to Dominic except a family friend and godfather. If Chance doesn't want to be a father then Abby can be a single parent, she certainly doesn't need Devon.

• DallasGal
        DallasGal commented
        Editing a comment
        If Devon can rip up an agreement because he claims circumstances have changed then Abby can certainly rip up anything that she signed. But, she better get a new lawyer because it's clear Christine looks out for Devon's interests first.
    • slylett
      Contract Poster
      • Jan 2006

I like the prospect of Abby not being the mother and Devon being the father.

Comment

• MsMalin
        MsMalin commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh good God if that happened can you imagine the meltdown Abby would have? Damn, I hadn't thought of that scenario.
    • kha
      Scriptwriter
      • Mar 2004

My hope for this mess of a SL:

Devon is not the sperm donor, but Chance tries to convince Abby to abide by the agreement anyway. Abby then suddenly grows a spine, tears up the agreement, dares Devon to take her to court and (best of all) kicks Chance out of the house and files for divorce.

Comment

• MsMalin
        MsMalin commented
        Editing a comment
        That would certainly be sweet

• Angeldar
        Angeldar commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like a darn good plan to me...

• Shoelover
        Shoelover commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t see a long future for Abby & Chance. He’s going through emotional issues, refuses to get
        professional help & Abby is going to lose patience with him. So it’s only a matter of time before she gives him an ultimatum or she’s gonna walk w/Dom. Chance will probably be devastated if Abby leaves, but b/c he’s not developed a bond w/Dom, unfortunately he’ll probably not be as devastated w/not having Dom around.
    • eileenregina
      Soap Addict
      • Jun 2011

I am really hoping for some reason it is found out Devon is not the bio dad after all; I am not sure how they could change it but maybe Chance had one good swimmer. I would love to see the smug wiped right off Devon's face along with Lily and Amanda. I don't see how he would have any rights if Chance turns out to be the father. Frankly, I don't think realistically he would have won in court anyway being the sperm donor who signed a contract, and his only claim was his "bonding" with he baby and Chance having PTSD. Abby caved way too easily after one conversation with Christine; she should have called her mother and father and then the outcome might have been different.

Comment

• kha
        kha commented
        Editing a comment
        And everybody out here in TV-land was wondering why Abby never called her parents! I would have called them before that worthless Christine.
    • joan of arc
      Recurring Poster
      • Jul 2016

I think that the minute Devon finds out that he is not the father his interest in the child will go cold because I think he was replacing the child he lost with Hilary with Dom.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
      Working...
      X