Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominic deserves an involved father.

I hate the whole surrofacy story from the bottom of my heart. I hate how Abby has been persuaded into signing that awful contract. I hate how Devon proudly says "my son", but only when Abby is not around. I hate the Winters name attached to a baby that has no Winters blood, when this whole debacle is supposed to be about biological connections.

That being said, I hate it even more that whenever Devon asks for something concerning Dom, Chance goes "Sure, no problem, glad to be of help, come back anytime." (paraphrasing, but you get my point). I hate how he's pushing Abby to do something that is clearly giving her so much heartache. I hate how casual he is about the whole thing, going as far as to call Devon "the other dad" - what guy EVER agreed to share his child with another man so willingly? Bottom line, I hate the way he's behaving!

Dominic deserves a father who is there for him 100%, who puts him first no matter what. That's what Abby is trying to do after everyone around her has tried to convince her this is for the better, but Chance is just looking for a way out.
    If Devon proves to be the better father, then I say go ahead, let him father and Chance can go back to fighting crime in Dangerous Spain. I'm getting sick of him.

I agree I hate this whole story Chance does not want to be Dom's father and you can not force him to be and yes Abby is doing something she is not liking she had this idea of a perfect family with her and Chance and Dom and it has fallen apart she never thought that Chance would not want to be a father but even though she does not like it she is doing what is best for Dom and giving him a father who loves him and wants him .To me I think of what is best for Dom first it is all about that not how Abby feels of course she could raise him on her own but why deny a child the special bond between father and son.

Comment

Dominic does deserve a good father but since all the men in Abby's life have stabbed her in the back, I say DUMP 'EM ALL and raise Dominic as a single mom! Abby can be father and mother both. The baby would be better off with someone who truly loves him instead of a father who doesn't want him at all and wants to ditch him.....or a "father/sperm donor" that is just thinking of HIS OWN selfish needs and how Dominic can fill that void in his life.

Comment

I agree, Chance has no desire to be a Dad to Dom but I still don't want Devon to be the father to Dom. Abby can raise Dom on her own, plenty of single women raise their kids by themselves.

I feel Devon's character has been destroyed, he betrayed Abby and he can't be trusted.

Comment

• CloverLeaf
          CloverLeaf commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with this. Abby needs to leave Chance and raise the baby on her own. She doesnt need someone as selfish as Chance weighing her down and forcing her to make choices she doesnt feel good about. Without Chance, she probably would not have signed that agreement. She would have relied on herself and done the right thing.

All children deserve involved parents. I’m sure we all agree.

That said, I don’t like this NuChance and what the writers have turned him into. I could never see Danny Boaz playing this storyline convincingly because he exuded so much positive energy and just LOOKS the role of a steady-handed, intelligent, positive hero. That Chance would have gotten into therapy. This Chance is in denial.

However Devon has given no one any time to work through things…from when Dominic was just weeks old. If Chance didn’t have the option…the out…of Devon…would he have made more of an effort to step up?

I said at the time Abby made a TERRIBLE choice in having Devon as sperm donor. Her supposed best friend …and someone her husband knows…what a slap in her husband’s face to have his wife’s best friend who lives close by always in their orbit and that of the son produced by Abby’s egg and the friend’s sperm. It was a stupid decision. So I can understand even if Chance had returned without PTSD and been healthy and basically whole, he’d not feel a deep connection to this child. So much of this Abby brought on herself.

Nonetheless I feel for Abby and wish she’d snap out of this brainwashed, zombie state she’s in and reclaim full custody of HER child. This wasn’t the deal with Devon ..it may be his biological child but sperm donors usually agree someone else is the father or in the case of gay women such as Tessa and Mariah, there is no one called Dad.

So why isn’t anyone saying Tessa’s and Mariah’s adopted child will deserve an involved father? Isn’t it the same thing? There’s Granddad Nick and Uncle Noah and step grandfather Rey. Well if Chance can’t be a father to Dom…and I doubt that’s truly the case he just needs to heal and get his head back on straight…there’s Grandfather Victor, great uncle Jack, uncles Nick and Adam, cousin Noah, AND godfather Devon. Why did Devon demand shared custody?! It clearly isn’t because Dominic was without father figures and a multitude of male presence in his life! It’s because Devon is replacing the child..a boy we were told…he lost with Hilary. And I detest him…and Amanda…and Lily and Billy…for that.

Comment

Normally I'd say no it's not necessary for Dom to have an involved father. He has a father Chance(even if he is having attachment issues) and a mother Abby who loves him very much. That's enough.

However Abby blurred the lines and treated Devon like the baby's father until Chance came back. She made a huge error. The baby would be fine without Devon in any capacity. The problem is Devon has bonded with Dom and loves him. I think its cruel to cut him out at this point. I think that is where Devon would have a case, especially because Chance who seems like a manchild wants Devon to fill that role.

Comment

Generally speaking, I'd agree that a child deserves an involved father and mother. However, I've known plenty of people who were raised in a single-parent household or raised by their grandparents or other relatives. The key ingredient is to be raised by someone who loves the child and wants the best for them. And Dom certainly has that in Abby, as well as plenty of additional family members. There was no need for Devon demanding shared custody just because he'd bonded with the baby. I bonded with my grandchildren but that doesn't mean I would seek shared custody of them. To me, it seems Devon did this for HIS sake, it had nothing to do with what was best for the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Sara_in_BC View Post
              Normally I'd say no it's not necessary for Dom to have an involved father. He has a father Chance(even if he is having attachment issues) and a mother Abby who loves him very much. That's enough.

However Abby blurred the lines and treated Devon like the baby's father until Chance came back. She made a huge error. The baby would be fine without Devon in any capacity. The problem is Devon has bonded with Dom and loves him. I think its cruel to cut him out at this point. I think that is where Devon would have a case, especially because Chance who seems like a manchild wants Devon to fill that role.
              No one cut Devon out of Dom's life. Devon wants to increase his contact and role in Dominic's life, calling himself "Daddy" and giving him two fathers. That, in my opinion, is overstepping.

At this point in Dominic's life, he simply needs to be held, fed, comforted, changed, and loved. Even "unbonded" Chance has been able to do those things for him. The rush to condemn Chance and write him off as an uninvolved father is wrong, in my opinion. Devon's actions were for his own benefit, not Dominic's.

Comment

• GwenSharonteam
                GwenSharonteam commented
                Editing a comment
                Agree at 100 % , and Chance didn’t even have 2 weeks wit the baby than Devon was taking all Chance’ words against him … so no Abby until Chance get better is everything Dominic needs right now, …and definitely there was any blurred lines just in Devon’s mind … Devon didn’t have more responsibility for Dominic and some sad circumstances make he have to be there and see how Dominic and her was doing but he’s not him who was doing the everyday hard lifting of Dominic’s life …
                Last edited by GwenSharonteam; February 8, 2022, 06:35 AM.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X