Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPOILER! SOD: Robert Newman (Ashland Locke)!!

According to SOD, Robert Newman who has officially taken over the role of Ashland Locke, his first airdate on Y&R is on February 9, 2022.

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/cont...Ti08YXTRqwxa4Q

I will seriously miss Richard Burgi. To me, he has become a regular just to be snatched away.

Comment

• bluejazz
      bluejazz commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too. He's been fabulous.

• Smithey
      Smithey commented
      Editing a comment
      I absolutely love Robert Newman, but Burgi just clicked with me. I don't believe Newman will be a good fit with Heinle either. Ashland and Victoria is literally the only good thing that JG has done in my opinion.

I am looking forward to his portrayal. I loved him on GL and think he will do great things with the role.

Comment

• zenmaster5
      zenmaster5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too! I also enjoyed him on the Guiding Light. I look forward to seeing what he does with this role.

This may get me blocked from this thread, but I think TPTB went way too far in firing RB. NO Offence to RN. But RB thought it was only a 5 day quarantin, per CDC. It wasn't good enough for CBS standards. So instead of telling RB, when he showed up at the studio, they unforgivingly let him go. It's not like he REFUSED to follow orders like the GH stars who were fired. Sad & Dumb!
    Last edited by Pa.Grannie; February 2, 2022, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• klalala
      klalala commented
      Editing a comment
      I think they had to stay consistent. Not sure but I think Danny Boaz (conveniently) left under related circumstances.

• Smithey
      Smithey commented
      Editing a comment
      I completely agree! My opinion, and I am very aware how the soap business works, TPTB had this in mind for a while because a top name like Newman doesn't just come available that quickly.

• GwenSharonteam
      GwenSharonteam commented
      Editing a comment
      When you work , your quarantine is monitoring by your employment in term of days and for insurance policy ..than actors doesn’t know when they can or can’t… cannot be possible, .. they have to receive official text every time .. I cannot put the blame on RB for this, … law change every-time in that matters … sad to lose a job that he seemed to enjoy for it…

I watched GL for several years near the end and liked the actor as Josh. That said I’m not happy by the circumstances that Y&R decided to terminate Richard Burgi. Maybe he wasn’t willing to sign a long term contract and that also played into it. What’s done is done but as a daily viewer who absolutely loved RB in the role I’m not the slightest bit happy about this. I’ll be interested to see Robert in the role and how mentally and emotionally I feel about it on Day 1.

Comment

I didn't realize Robert would be on screen next week already. I thought they filmed a couple of months in advance, but I guess it's only one.

Best wishes to Richard. I loved Robert in GL and look forward to seeing him.

Comment

• WorldTurner
        WorldTurner commented
        Editing a comment
        They are on a shorter time frame of taping after the holidays. Plus when he started he said he taped 5 shows in 3 days so they may have taped his scenes later to insert into shows already taped for others.

i saw this info along with a photo of him and victoria talking in her office!! he reminds me so much of an older looking nick

Comment

• zenmaster5
        zenmaster5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh my gosh! You are so right. I definitely see the resemblance.

• ShesAllThat
        ShesAllThat commented
        Editing a comment
        i can't wait to see them in the same room together zenmaster5

• zenmaster5
        zenmaster5 commented
        Editing a comment
        ShesAllThat, I can't wait to see them in a scene together too! I will probably be laughing because of the resemblance wondering if everyone else sees it too!

Richard Burgi will be missed no doubt! I have enjoyed his portrayal of Ashland Locke very much. I do look forward to Robert Newman coming on board too! I think Robert Newman is a great performer as well, his track record speaks for itself. Even though Robert Newman has some big shoes to fill, I believe he will do a great job in his portrayal of Ashland Locke.

Comment

Richard was just getting to the fun part of his storyline too. I have loved his physical and vocal presentation of Ashland and have found it has made it so fun to watch. Really was looking forward to the Monster emerging from the depths.

Comment

• klalala
          klalala commented
          Editing a comment
          My thoughts exactly. Such a shame. I will miss him. But if he must go, Robert Newman will be an excellent replacement.

I don't want Richard Burgi to leave. We are just getting to see his ruthless side and what he is really up to. I hope he gets a great job on prime time somewhere. He is great! Very easy on the eyes.

On the other hand, I love Robert Newman!!! Loved him as Josh Lewis on GL and always thought Reva was crazy to even look at any other man! I can't wait to see him on Y&R next week!

Comment

So now that Richard Burgi is on his way out and being replaced, they have decided to rewrite Ashland as a schemer who goes behind Victoria's back
          and a hint of his medical issues being suspect. He was not written that way. This could be another Fast Forward for me.
          Ashland and Victoria were one of my go- to couples.

Comment

• WorldTurner
            WorldTurner commented
            Editing a comment
            I think this was the story they were going with. It started with RB before the holidays and before they had any idea he was out. The switch took place too fast to rewrite.

• Rubythroat1
            Rubythroat1 commented
            Editing a comment
            @WorldTurner--I think RB may be secretly glad he is out of it. People sometimes do things "accidently on purpose!"

Victor questioning Ashland's treatment is only going to upset and alienate Victoria - Victor should put Ashland on the spot by faking a similar illness or hiring someone to do that and then see how fast that clinic in Peru "shuts down" or "isn't accepting any new patients" when he tries to get more information on it- Ashland is a weasel-

Comment

• ShesAllThat
            ShesAllThat commented
            Editing a comment
            i am really wondering if he did that on purpose - because he knew she would say something. otherwise he made a big error in questioning her and that is not like victor at all.

Robert is absolutely gorgeous..........Just from pics he sparkles and along with pics with Amelia you can see too.....

What amazing casting........

He loves all the cast and crew..Also says "he already adores Amelia"

Comment

My grandson, who manages a dept. at Walmart, got fully vaxed and boosted. Got a Covid positive test. Thank God asymptomatic. But not only did they make him wait 5 days to go back to work, he then had to make a Drs. appointment get his negative test signed by the Dr.
            More freaking lost wages. No wonder all these places of employment are shorthanded.
            Last edited by Pa.Grannie; February 4, 2022, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X