Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Ashland love Victoria?

If Ashland is not sick, and the Peru clinic was a fake, then why did Ashland get married? Is this all a rewrite? Can Ashland be this evil? This looks like a big mess. It could be very devastating for Victoria. It would be hard to believe Ashland didn’t love Victoria. Maybe Ashland had some crazy business scheme, but whether Ashland really loves Victoria is the most important question IMO.
    Last edited by Loyalyr; February 1, 2022, 10:30 PM.

When they got married, I loved them together, he was just what she needed. I remember a long time ago Amelia/Victoria did an interview where she said Ashland character was confusing to her. I felt at the time he was using her to merge companies and didn’t love her. Then, I totally felt their love but lately they’re combative and he’s so secretive maybe he never was in love with her and this was a business plan all along. I think that may be the case since day one, ouch.
    Last edited by DebJN; February 1, 2022, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• YDoIStillWatch
      YDoIStillWatch commented
      Editing a comment
      This is where I am too. Maybe they extended the story because Victoria and Ashland became so popular with a lot of fans. But hinting at him having faked illness takes him back to the original cold, ruthless businessman he was introduced as in the beginning. If so bravo on the long con. Chelsea should appreciate it though.

I still hope not because I want to see how RN in the role and see his take on Ashland.

They were a believable couple and Locke proved to be an interesting addition to the cast. But since the wedding and Peruvian cancer treatment (which was specious from the beginning), Locke seems to love what Victoria can do for him and his ambitions at Newman/Locke..

Comment

I think his endgame is to take over Newman to get even with Victor for the heart attack episode. Maybe he thought marrying her would make her easy to manage and get what he wants. Why else would he agree to merge the two companies? I have always been suspicious of his cancer diagnosis.

Comment

• Meekaray
        Meekaray commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed! I have always thought Ashland was using Victoria. I never believed he was sick. He would NEVER merge with a stranger unless he was up to something. She has been so smug. I wonder if I will feel sorry for her. I wonder if she and Adam will have to team up to save Newman. This storyline is so interesting.

Ashland loves Ashland. He is and always has been an opportunistic narcissist that manipulates people through emotion or blackmail...whichever works best at the time. Victoria has been "had" by many men, but Ashland has done the most comprehensive and complete job. He is going to devastate her and not shed one tear. And she has it coming.

Comment

I think Victoria loves Ashland but he loves power and money!

Comment

That's a good question. It's really hard to tell because the direction of a s/l seems to change mid-stream, if you know what I mean. Originally, maybe he was supposed to love her but then they switched directions and now they have him using her. Oh boy. When this all hits the fan, I hope the crow dinner she's going to have to eat is tasty topped off with a nice, big slice of humble pie.

Comment

• YDoIStillWatch
            YDoIStillWatch commented
            Editing a comment
            I know what you mean. I am still hoping he can do both? Love her and try to take on Victor? But Victor did warn him.

• Loyalyr
            Loyalyr commented
            Editing a comment
            I also hope that he could still love her and have some scheme but I don’t see it as possible.

Ever since Tara was arrested I am thinking she was motivated to do so because they were broke and as his wife she knew so she tried to protect herself and her son. Nobody ever talked to her. Remember Ashland could not come up with three million for Gaines at the wedding mess Victor paid it. I think it's all a major long con game to take over Newman. Also remember that when Adam reviewed the merger documents he said that there were some things that were very concerning. Is there a loophole that concerns the marriage. He had to sell and merge because he was broke IMHO.

Comment

I do not know if he actually loves Victoria but I do beleive he is using her and always has been . There have always been huge red flags that he is not really sick so I do not think they changed the story mid stream I think it was always the plan .Victoria never went to any of appointments he always told her no he did not want her to come He never showed any signs of going through any big treatments and the times he clutched his chest or got dizzy is what happens when you are recovering from a massive heart attack and he forgave Victor way to easily . He did not get the nickname Locke Ness Monster from just being a good tough business man he got it from being a monster which Tara warned them about .

Comment

This will make no sense but when it was Richard Burgi being so fantastic in the role, I rooted for true love, a miracle cure or extension of Ashland's life, and a new power couple. Now that he is no longer in the role…on a technicality and misunderstanding…but I digress…now that he’s no longer in the role, I don’t care as much what it turns out to be.

I do think no matter, he has loved Victoria. But their latest contentiousness, no matter how civil, is causing cracks in their relationship.

As for his illness…how the heck would he have conned the doctors at GC Memorial? Bought them off? But he got chemo? Fake chemo? Technicians were bought off? I could see his controlling the doctors in NY and the so-called clinic in Peru. But at the local hospital? I think he may be co-opting Nate by offering him a job to keep him under his control. Offering Nate a job is to get him onto his team if and when the truth comes out or so that Nate doesn’t have access to reports that would show the truth.

Comment

I think they've changed the s/l midstream on this one. If I remember correctly, on past episodes, they showed Ashland having issues with no one around to see him. Why would they do that if he wasn't sick? It's possible that he was sick but his chemo treatment actually worked but he pretended it didn't so he could decide how he was going to move forward. Since Victoria keeps shooting him down and trying to limit his power, she is going to push him in the direction of moving against her to take over the company.

Comment

• henyvo02
                  henyvo02 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  People seem to be forgeting that Ashland is recovering from a massive heart attack and had to have a pace maker put in so the times he was shown to be dizzy and clutching his chest was from that not the cancer.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X