Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the custody battle for Dom- Disappointing

I was looking forward to a real story and why did Abby give up so easily because Devon wants that child to call him father.. It would have been a real good story if Y&R had tackle it and show the ups and downs in real life of surrogacy. And what is with the name anyway. It was an insta-fix and very disappointing. Adam is so passive now that he has become boring to look at except when he is with Sally. And Victor is so tamed and subdued. Ashland marrying Victoria was a "stick it to Victor" for getting his company for nothing basically and not getting him help when he had that heart attack, where is the real Victor and why is he blindly accepting everything Victoria does? What woman gives away her child without a fight..

You'll have to face it, this story flopped like a dead fish. Also lost many of the viewers.

Comment

Exactly. It sure did flop like a dead fish and the writers insist on having all of the supporting characters agree with Devon and fully support this awful storyline. Ugh. Having said that, I am still holding out hope that the writers have opened up their eyes to how many viewers were lost and will fix the story. Every once in a while, I'll pause the fast forward just to peek and see if Abby has seen the light yet. Ha!

Comment

I agree, this was a very disappointing story, I was looking forward to the custody battle also. I hated the way Christine, Chance and Devon talked Abby into sharing custody with Devon. When your own lawyer thinks you are not going to win, that's crazy especially given the fact Christine wrote the contract. Abby is not happy, I am hoping she explodes one day and let's Devon and Chance both have it and files for sole custody. I also don't like the fact that Billy, Lily and Nate think this is a good idea. Especially Lily, the twins were carried by McKenzie, her surrogate.

I like Adam and Sally and I thought Adam's scenes today when he went to tell Victoria he had accepted her offer were great.

Comment

What was insane, when you see the episode where Michael give a winning look to Adam for the lawsuit against Victoria, even the situation was more Victoria winning … but pretty sure if Victor didn’t sell , Michael would have won the case, because he already had the behaviours to go through it .. comparison to Christine that just give them the worst case scenario , and kind of say big chance to lose,.. where she could advice Abby to go in sole custody on her own if Chance was the weakest link …

Comment

Did anyone else notice that to further the image of St Devon yesterday when Nate and Eliana were in the lobby talking about Ashland offer and Nates hand injury Eliana is now taking responsibility for the injuries to absolve St Devon who is actually guilty.

Comment

• Leanna Love
              Leanna Love commented
              Editing a comment
              That was sickening, wasn't it? I love Nate & Elena, but to blame themselves just to prop Devon was horrible. Even Nate saying something to the effect of "I deserved to be punched by Devon".?? Nate & Elena didn't deserve the treatment they received from Devon especially considering that Devon was already falling for Amanda at the time. If the writers are trying to get us to believe that Devon is the ultimate "good guy", it's definitely backfiring!

• Rubythroat1
              Rubythroat1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have to rely on these comments to know what is going on now.
              I have stopped viewing parts of the show. Thanks.

• MulhollandDrive
              MulhollandDrive commented
              Editing a comment
              Agree 1000%! This may have been mentioned before - Devon's anger issues and ruining Nate's hand and career could be used against him in court.

It seems like they took the lazy way out and just had Abby and Chance roll over. Of course maybe they have bigger plans in store. Maybe Devon will try to get more time and then it will go to court. The problem is that now that they have agreed it is n the best interest of Dom, a judge may agree and say he needs even more or all. Chance is going all over town bragging about the arrangement and acting relieved.....

Comment

This s/l is despicable and has been since day one. The whole surrogacy scenario was cringeworthy, but that was only the beginning. Now we have the custody nonsense, which couldnt be more absurd and infuriating, topped off by a good helping of backstabbing husband, who apparently doesnt want to be a father. Nice thing to figure out after it's all said and done.

I wholeheartedly agree that Abby not fighting for her child against Devon was totally out of character, and preposterous. She just rolled over. If she's upset and not thinking straight, why didnt she go to discuss with her parents? Either one of them would have counseled her to fight against Devon. At least they would have had their daughter's best interests in mind, much more so than Christine, who should be disbarred for her role in this whole thing. She wasnt even willing to fight for Abby. She just told her to roll over. It's so infuriating!

Who the hell is Devon that he deserves to take over someone else's child? I dont want to hear about him being the father. He offered his sperm and he knew he had no legal claims to the child. Now, the writers have made him Saint Devon, the baby whisperer. PULEEZE! Absurd!!!

I simply cannot watch Devon or anything related to this s/l any more. It upsets me so much that it carries over after the show has ended so I just mute it when it comes on. I'm still hopeful that, when Victor finds out what Abby has done, he helps her right the wrong because, as it stands now, it is the worst story line they have come up with. They have turned Abby into a doormat, Chance into a mental case, Devon into a saint, Christine into a loser, and Dominic into a football. Is this truly the best they could do?

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                Rubythroat1 commented
                Editing a comment
                I feel sorry for MO, caught up between two crummy situations and especially after that last horrible story
                with her, Stitch and Max. That was the last BAD story IMO.

Good comments from everyone here. This show definitely needs some conflict and drama.

When it became obvious the story was going to be about Devon wanting partial custody, I was hoping for a battle and some court room scenes. Instead, Abby went from strongly opposing Devon's request to capitulation in about 24 hours.

To make matters worse, absolutely everyone including Abby's own lawyer said it was the right thing to do. Not a single soul supported Abby. Don't know when I've seen a story so one sided.

I wanted drama, with Abby enlisting the help of family members Victor, Traci and Jack. Aside from the initial moment when Devon stated his true intentions, we've not seen Abby get really angry. Instead she's moping around the mansion with her sad sack husband, saying she knows it was the right thing to do.

What mother doesn't fight hard for her child? This is so out of character for Abby. I remember when Abby lost it over Auturo and smashed his car, and when she battled Phyllis. But she's now a depressed milquetoast giving Devon whatever he wants because he's such a good friend.

We know Ashley knows because of Abby's phone call letting her mom know it's a done deal. We never heard conversations between them, but have to assume Ashley thinks this is for the best.

Even if Devon pushes for more, I'm not convinced Abby won't just give in again to please Chance, who appears to be relieved Devon is getting Dom at least some of the time.

But there is no drama, no cliffhanger like Abby running off with the baby or anything else that makes me want to watch anything related to this story.

Comment

What story? You mean the one where one of its main members disappeared in the middle of the story? Or the one where ALL the characters just became different characters? Or the one where the story made no sense? Or the one where PTSD and surrogacy is made out like it is a bad decision?

As someone else said, "Fish flop." Smells like dead fish all over Genoa City these days. Not just this story. They need new blood, creative writers and producers.

Comment

Abby looked like she wanted to vomit through the whole episode and I wanted to join her. Did you see her face when Devon asked if he could go along to Dom's music class with them? Like - what more can you ask for Devon?
                  Chance was useless.
                  Sickening to see Devon celebrate after stealing the baby he was going to give to Abby.
                  Amanda announced they would share custody - what do those papers say?
                  Abby should've adopted a baby.

Comment

Yes, her face says it all. She is NOT HAPPY WITH THIS

Comment

Oh just wait! I believe the real story is going to be when we find out Devon is not the bio dad of Dom.

Comment

Originally posted by kdb View Post
                        Oh just wait! I believe the real story is going to be when we find out Devon is not the bio dad of Dom.
                        I'd start watching again, if he had a mental breakdown. Have him get a taste of his own medicine.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X