• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soras
    Day Player
    • Sep 2021

Why did the nanny bring Dom home?

Devon cannot seem to tear himself away from Dominic yet he sent him back to Abby and Chance with the nanny as if he were a pizza delivery. Was Devon home crying and broken-hearted? Was he busy with work? Should be an explanation because otherwise it looks like he is treating Dominic as a commodity as well as being disrespectful to Abby and Chance who have allowed him so much access…shared custody… when they could have fought him on it and in my opinion, they would have won.
    Last edited by Soras; February 1, 2022, 09:39 AM.
  • Fanlady
    Executive Poster
    • Dec 2010

I don’t know but it sure was a weird thing to do considering Dominic was being taken back to a negative energy environment, and with Chance suffering from PTSD and is not ready to be a parent, you’d think the baby whisperer expert would have brought Dominic home himself just to make sure everything is okay at the mansion before he left “his son” there.
    Last edited by Fanlady; February 1, 2022, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• zenmaster5
      Soap Addict
      • May 2017

I didn't understand why the nanny brought Dominic home either. I really was expecting Dominic to be brought back home by Devon who can't seem to tear himself away from Dominic. I didn't understand that scene. May be Devon indeed was at home broken hearted and crying because he feels that Dominic is right back in a stressful environment. I wouldn't be surprised that after Dominic's over night visit with Devon, that Devon doesn't make yet another request from Abby and Chance.

Comment

• CloverLeaf
        Scriptwriter
        • Jul 2017

Im just glad I didnt have to see Devon. If he brought the baby home, he would have gone on and on about how happy Dom was to be at his house. You know, no problems, slept all night, ate his spinach and grew 3 inches, so happy to be in a loving, peaceful environment.

Comment

• Soras
          Soras commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I was glad not to see Devon too…bragging about how great everything was for Dom at Devon’s…yep…grew 3 inches, etc!
      • Leanna Love
        Board Regular
        • Mar 2021

Does the nanny only work at the Chancellor estate or does she make herself available at Devon's as well? I wondered that when Devon first took Dom home. We didn't see the nanny at Devon's place....is she going to help when Devon has him or will she just get that night of the week off?

Comment

• Soras
          Soras commented
          Editing a comment
          She helped when Dominic stayed there while Abby was in Spain. She wasn’t there overnight this time so I guess her duty was to go pick him up. Maybe Abby sent her because she didn’t want to rely that Devin would bring Dominic home on time…he probably wouldn’t have. He’d have had an excuse. They were listening to Dominic’s favorite jazz album or Devon decided to take Dominic to the office so he could see what will be his to inherit one day…or he’s teaching the wunderkind to ride a bike.
      • taramartin
        Soap Addict
        • Oct 2013

The nanny surprised me too especially since the show doesn't pay for many appearances for her.

Comment

• sparkk2chane
          Senior Board Member
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Leanna Love View Post
          Does the nanny only work at the Chancellor estate or does she make herself available at Devon's as well? I wondered that when Devon first took Dom home. We didn't see the nanny at Devon's place....is she going to help when Devon has him or will she just get that night of the week off?
          I think the nanny's job is to take care of Dom whenever needed, so she goes where the baby goes. I did remember her being mentioned when Dom was at Devon's a while back but now she should only be needed when the baby is with Chabby, because Devon only takes him once a week, to bond and share special moments in a stress free environment

I think this was just about the actor not being in the episode, but it was strange that they'd choose to show the nanny, basically en extra, when they could have had Dom just be there. Oh, well...

Comment

• Rubythroat1
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Jan 2014

The visit was an impromptu request for one early overnight stay. Christine was sent like a lackey to Abbey and Chance, with a serious look on her face
            explaining their options. It was before the agreed upon weekend visit. The nanny brought Dominic back the next day as agreed.

Comment

• Hope4BetterDays
              I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
              • Sep 2006

He'd end up in the hands of the nanny anyway, might as well got an early start.

Comment

• xoregonian
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Feb 2014

Why didn't Abby go get him? That was my question. She just stood around at home waiting for her son to be delivered to her.

I would have been parked outside of Devon's penthouse first thing in the morning to retrieve my son from the early, unplanned, unexpected overnight visit.

This is just too weird, sharing the baby and waiting around for him to be brought home.

Comment

• Good Kitty
                  Good Kitty commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Abby may have sent the nanny to get Dom instead of sitting around waiting for Devon to decide when to bring the baby home. And I can understand Abby not wanting a face to face encounter with Devon right now considering how she’s feeling about this shared custody agreement.

• Soras
                  Soras commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very true. I commented maybe she sent the nanny to be sure Devon didn’t keep Dominic longer…which he would have done. I’d have been parked at Devon’s building from the night before. I’d pull an all nighter and go get my child the second it was the agreed to time.
              • ShesAllThat
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Mar 2004

oh boy! another day - another devon hate post. ITA with xoregonian - why didn't abby go get her son??

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                  Rubythroat1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Too busy babysitting Chance most of the time.
              • GwenSharonteam
                Senior Board Member
                • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Leanna Love View Post
                She stayed with him when Abby left to Spain, and he could have her in use if needed .. but here it’s different , in Devon’s day it shouldn’t be Abby’s nanny with him, .. or Abby paying her full time even to help Devon what in reality it won’t happen but I guess .. for the sake of the baby best he has just one Nanny for the two house …less stressful energy …

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X