• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsMalin
    Senior Board Member
    • Aug 2018

DEVON: "Chance is not ready to become a parent"

How dare he?
    Since when is he an expert and who is he to pass judgement on Chance??? What an insult to vets and people everywhere that have less than perfect lives.
  • thecourt99
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jun 2008

This bothered me. Especially followed by scenes of Chance not having a picture in his phone.

This storyline is bad on all fronts, but the way that they are handling Chance's PSTD is almost as bad as how they are handling Devon's emotions related to his donation.

Comment

• MsMalin
      MsMalin commented
      Editing a comment
      I swear this is gonna make my head explode!

• Seashellsbysea
      Seashellsbysea commented
      Editing a comment
      Devon's reasoning that Chance is automatically an unfit parent because he has PTSD is an insulting, insensitive and ignorant message for the show to be promoting.
  • TunerEyes
    Soap Addict
    • Dec 2014

Are most new parents who haven’t grown up with a lot of babies in their family really ready to be parents? I see it as a “job” young people grow into. Great if they have someone close to give them advice and how to handle situations that come up.

Devon’s not Dom’s parent and as Amanda warned him Abby and Chance good chance won’t see or understand his feelings about feeling entitled to legally be a co-parent essentially. He rushed through the writing up of the contract and it’s not even like Abby approached him to be the sperm donor. He’s trying to take over the kid with this latest move. And wanting to set up a nursery in his home and spend days/weeks with Dom is just mindblowing. You can kiss that friendship (and business relationship) with Abby/Chance goodbye. I am feeling sorry for Chance in all this.

Comment

• MsMalin
      MsMalin commented
      Editing a comment
      So am I. Gosh,my husband and I were married 10 years ages 40/35 when we had my son and there were plenty of surprises.
  • DallasGal
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jun 2008

Another day, another bad comment from Devon. This guy lacks any compassion for Chance. And, does he understand that by taking Dominic away from Chance that he taking Dominic away from Abby too. Abby will have to deal with Dominic being away on the weekends ( or whatever arrangement is made if Devon wins). And the critical bonding that Chance needs will be made more difficult because Dominic won’t be home full time.

And for Devon’s initial comment that Chance isn’t needed for an important conversation is ludicrous. I am happy that Abby stood her ground.

Devon thinks he knows best for everything. His arrogance was on display during the conversation with Lily about Billy.

I hope Devon loses in court and in friendship.
    Last edited by DallasGal; January 14, 2022, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• DallasGal
      DallasGal commented
      Editing a comment
      @MsMarlin

I am Catholic …
      A Godparent cannot be changed in the Catholic Church because that person was present during Baptism; therefore, it cannot be changed.

• MsMalin
      MsMalin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for answering. I wonder if it is that way in every Christian religion. I don't think we know exactly what they are.

• Tish N
      Tish N commented
      Editing a comment
      Couldn't agree more. When Devon said he wanted to do what was best for Dom and himself, I thought you just mean yourself. Chance needs time and support. He talked honestly to Devon and now Devon is trying to use it against him. Devon needs to take a big step back and let the family heal and grow.
  • littleliz
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Nov 2016

Devon has no right to be judgmental of Chance. He has issues but not a reason to get a lawyer for
    visits. Devon has ice water in his veins to do this. He should understand that it may take Chance
    awhile to adjust after what he went thru. What happened to Mr. Helpful? And Amanda may wish
    she never started this legal suit.

Comment

• MsMalin
      MsMalin commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, and coward Devon didn't want Chase there when he surprised attacked Abby.
  • Pamcho
    Contract Poster
    • Feb 2012

I hope Devon is in for a rude awakening. He signed away his rights. And you're right, this is an insult to veterans. It's not as though Chance has been acting out. Hopefully he will seek counseling.

I hope Abby & Chance hire Avery as their lawyer and bring her back to GC. I'd love to see her with Jack or Nick. Either one would drive Phyllis nuts. But it looks like Michael might be leaving the DA's office so he will probably represent them.

Comment

• MsMalin
      MsMalin commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, too bad Michael won't be around to take him on .
  • dedicatedsoaper
    Contract Poster
    • Apr 2013

So when does non-parent Devon get to decide that Chance isn't ready to be a parent...because he says so? I really hope this blows up in his face and Abby better be getting the best lawyer out there!

Comment

• MsMalin
      MsMalin commented
      Editing a comment
      He will need to have expert testimony to prove they are unfit. Which in turn they should prove that DEVON is unfit. I hope they throw all minds of skeletons from his closet starting with his morals when he slept with his blind fathers wife!

• dedicatedsoaper
      dedicatedsoaper commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking the same thing. There would need to be examples, testimonies and definitely a psychologist to evaluate Dom's safety. The opinion of Devon, Lily, Amanda & Nate is not factual...only that, an opinion.
  • cat_woman
    Senior Board Member
    • Feb 2015

Michael is still a lawyer, he could represent Abby and Chance.

I think the worst look for Devon in all of this is his massive betrayal of Abby and Chance. And bringing up his conversation with Chance admitting he isn't doing well is so cruel. Chance thought he could trust Devon when he confided in him. Now Devon is going to use that against him.

I can't wait until Victor finds out.

Comment

• MsMalin
      MsMalin commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, that was the worst betrayal.

• catmommy9
      catmommy9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Devon and Amanda will rue the day that they crossed TGVN. Victor will be furious when he finds out, and I bet he calls Michael and talks him into coming out of retirement to take the case. Maybe this is why the writers had him retire from the DA's office, so he'd be conveniently free to take on this case. I hope we see the courtroom scenes, too. Its been a long time since we saw Michael in a good legal story.

Also, I bet poor Katherine is spinning in her grave right now. She expected much better from her grandson when she left him all that money.
  • DallasGal
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jun 2008

I hope Michael or Britt takes on the case because they both can be ruthless. I don’t see Avery in that role. I think Christine can be soft too.

Comment

• MsMalin
      MsMalin commented
      Editing a comment
      Your hope is my hope
  • bluejazz
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Aug 2008

Devon is trying to destroy a family. And not for the first time.

He has no evidence of anything. His case is ludicrous. His lawyer is full of bull.

I hope Abby and Chance's lawyers tear Devon and Amanda to pieces in court. I hope the local VFW pickets outside the courthouse and Devon's penthouse and Amanda's office. I hope she loses her license and Devon loses every friend he had in GC. This is heinous of Devon and Amanda.

Comment

• henyvo02
      henyvo02 commented
      Editing a comment
      Chance worked undercover for the FBI he was not in the military.

• Betsey
      Betsey commented
      Editing a comment
      Chance was previously in the military. He took this job years after he finished his service but yes, he is a veteran.

• Topper1
      Topper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Chance did serve in the military he was in the Iraq war.
  • cat_woman
    Senior Board Member
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by DallasGal View Post
    I hope Michael or Britt takes on the case because they both can be ruthless. I don’t see Avery in that role. I think Christine can be soft too.
    I forgot about Brittney. I really like her and would love to see her back. There has been no hint of the actor returning but maybe the show wanted to keep it under wrap so as to not spoil anything.

I agree both she and Michael would be much more ruthless in court.

Comment

• Betsey
      Betsey commented
      Editing a comment
      YES, I can't remember what Britney's specialty is....family law or criminal but I do remember she is very good and came back for a big case several years ago.
  • Frank52
    Board Regular
    • Oct 2013

Devon is so full of himself. He thinks he knows best about everything. He made his decision when he saw Chance getting along great with Dom at the coffee house. He hasn't seen the recent PSTD stuff they have just started doing since then. At least Abby told him off. I hope Mariah weighs in on Chance and Abby's side. Michael has been talking about retirement. Maybe he will do that and tear Devon and Amanda apart as they deserve.

Comment

• MsMalin
      MsMalin commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, Devon turned green with envy when he observed them bonding and having fun. What a jackass.

• Betsey
      Betsey commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, this was provoked by Devon's jealousy. He just couldn't stand it that Chance was being a great father and so sweet to little Dom. Devon actually thinks he is the ONLY one who can do that.....he is delusional. A small man with a massive ego!
  • Fanlady
    Executive Poster
    • Dec 2010

Devon’s a class a bas***d! What he’s essentially saying is that if Chance had died he was going to automatically take over being Dom’s father, he clearly didn’t understand that he was just a donor whether Chance was there or not. Oh how I wish this was written close to reality but I know it won’t be but if this writing gives Devon any kind of custody I will truly be ticked off. They are forgetting that when Devon volunteered, Chance wasn’t there then and could have died in combat, and that shouldn’t be a reason to go back on a contract.

Comment

• Topper1
      Topper1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Chance was in the military in Iraq

• DallasGal
      DallasGal commented
      Editing a comment
      Chance was attempting to take down terrorists and was in a bombing———-that sounds like combat to me.

• MsMalin
      MsMalin commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, I never thought of it before but he was probably hoping deep down that Chance wouldn't return.
  • CloverLeaf
    Scriptwriter
    • Jul 2017

Why are they writing Chance like this? He's afraid to be a father? He feels inadequate? He feels as if he cant cope? My word! Come on!!! Why are they ruining this character just to prop up that stupid, self righteous, arrogant, self entitled twit, Devon???

If this s/l doesnt end with Devon being denied any and ALL legal visitation, I may have to turn in my Y&R ticket and take a different train. And then, let's cross our fingers that, assuming Devon is denied legal visitation, Abby doesnt feel sorry for him and offer him to continue to visit any time he wants. Please, writers, do the right thing here. Dont give Devon any visitation or legal rights to the child, and then dont compound it by letting Abby extend the olive branch so Devon can drop by any time. Please, please, please!!!! It may be the expected outcome but it's the right outcome. Dont mess it up.

Comment

• DallasGal
      DallasGal commented
      Editing a comment
      I have had my doubts Abby would think less of Devon but today she stood her ground. I think she was really angry with Devon wanting to speak to her without Chance. Thankfully she threw Amanda in Devon’s face when she said , (paraphrasing) “you have your girlfriend and lawyer present). Devon wanting to proceed without Chance made me almost as mad as the lawsuit.

Why hasn’t Abby told Ashley or Victor about what Devon is trying to do? She needs to pull in the big guns because Devon has taken this ridiculous action.

• Betsey
      Betsey commented
      Editing a comment
      I was stoked to see Abby unleash on Devon. I hope she doesn't back down. Chew him up and spit him out, Abby!!!

• MsMalin
      MsMalin commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been so happy to see Abby stand up to Devon.
  • Reesiecup
    Senior Board Member
    • Mar 2012

Devon only spoke the truth. Chance is not feeling the deep connection most parents feel for a child. Abby is more than aware that something is wrong. Her solution of sitting around the house spending 24/7 together is not going to solve the problem. Chance is not that kind of guy. He is miserable. She needs to encourage him to go back to work for the PD.

Comment

• MsMalin
      MsMalin commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think Devon is in Chances head to know what he is feeling and why he would be a better father. None of that matters anyway. Chance is the father.

• kristendny
      kristendny commented
      Editing a comment
      If he has PTSD, I don't think going back to work for the PD is a good idea. But Devon has no right to use Chance's mental suffering as an excuse to judge his parenting abilities and make a case to take the child away. Dominic still has Amanda, and Chance can get help. If he ever became a danger to his wife or child, that would be a different story, but for now, Devon needs to back off.

• Reesiecup
      Reesiecup commented
      Editing a comment
      kristendny Devon is not using Chance's mental issues as an excuse to judge his parenting abilities. It's not so much about Chance's ability to be a suitable parent. It's more about Dominic living in a a stressful living environment as a result of the mental issues.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X