Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the writer's fixated on Chance???

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are the writer's fixated on Chance???

Is it me or is Chance this Character that we all can't live without?

We have this ONGONG storyline about a character that isn't even on screen.

How many times has his name been mention OVER and OVER again and for nothing.

For one thing he is coming back from the dead. I assume it's because he is a Chancellor.

Comment

I think may be it's because the Chancellor's are an important part of Y&R history which is probably why the character is returning to the show to keep the legacy going perhaps. I think it's important to mention Chance name and keep everyone talking about him because he is coming home.

Comment

I agree OP. I have no idea why we are supposed to care so He’s been gone forever before the Abby mashup . I think he’s one of the least interesting characters but the show has declined so much that we are stuck with this as a main story.

Comment

• OrangeBlossom
          OrangeBlossom commented
          Editing a comment
          Least interesting character.......Okay count me in I Agree hold heartily.

• Soapfan54
          Soapfan54 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ditto to ALL y'all!!!

• Sara_in_BC
          Sara_in_BC commented
          Editing a comment
          I personally dont csre as long as Chance is paired with Abby. Abby is my least favorite character. Well Summer was but shes gone for now.

Hopefully when he gets back and sees the disaster Abby created in this ridiculous story he vacates the marriage and moves on with his life.

IMO if the keep Chabby together they need to establish that Devon is the father and there was a mixup and some anonymous woman is the egg donor. Give baby to Devon and Devon can raise baby with Mariah as a mother figure. Or even better there was s complete mix up and someone wants their baby back and the Abby and Devon embryo didnt survive.

Chance is a Chancellor, and he important to the history of the show. But they need to get him on screen and develop him asap.

Comment

I get that a Chancellor is important to the show and I agree. But Chance to me is very boring and not needed.

Comment

I think DB made a really good impression when he was hired as the recast Chance. And, he breathed new life into a legacy character so it doesn’t surprise me that YR is trying to duplicate what DB accomplished.

Comment

• Amethyst57
              Amethyst57 commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn't like DB as "Chance"...he didn't fit the part, jmo. I'm looking forward to seeing how CF, the new guy pan out.

• Soapfan54
              Soapfan54 commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree Amethyst57

• kirkelash
              kirkelash commented
              Editing a comment
              It took me quite a while to see Donny Boaz as Chance because he was nothing like the previous Chance. Different hair color, different body size and height. I got used to him but he still never fit the bill in my eyes. This new Chance seem to fit the coloring and looks of the first adult Chance so I'm hoping there will be good chemistry between him and Abby.

Lets see if YR can write for Chance outside of being Abby's husband. I don't want Chance to be like how Rey/Tessa/Elena are writtten. Just a romantic partner to serve the main actor who gets story, stories.

Comment

• imissejami
              imissejami commented
              Editing a comment
              "Writing Chance outside of being Abby's husband"....would be nice but I don't see that happening.

I wonder what it will be like for Abby to have her husband back with the newborn. She has been gloomy for
            so long. Hope there is a good storyline for them. Where will that leave Mariah and Devon? Hope the writers
            can come up with something good cause a little happy family will produce boring scenes. Jill is coming back
            at least so here's hoping.

Comment

• bebop47
              bebop47 commented
              Editing a comment
              Both Abby and her mother, Ashley are extremely "fragile" emotionally. Each one falls totally apart at the seams when something happens in their lives. Yes, when someone we love dies it is sad and hard and takes time to heal but most don't fall apart and behave irrationally. We don't drop off a newborn and run off to solve a crime without letting anyone know! I'm tired of this arc.

• kirkelash
              kirkelash commented
              Editing a comment
              If Chance is well I think we'll see a happy Abby. If he's ill, Abby will still be weeping and whining and wringing her hands.

They have made a big deal of the baby being a Chancellor Abbott Newman. So I think there is a real attempt to reinvigorate the Chancellor family. I like it and think the history of the show is important

Comment

I guess to touch the young demographic market they hired just young actors around 25/32 years maximum lately as recast of Noah and Chance, when they had older actors to play the part before … JG. wanting to write mostly for this demography and losing his golden couple in Kyle and Summer who represented them, ..so it sells Chance as the prodigal son coming back home, when true, Chance never had such impact in YR storyline to take so much length to see him coming back ,… I guess he create the anticipation so people would be like excited of his return, when the character was always just a quiet character that had his success but not really a phenomenal..even DB was more successful than his predecessor…,he never reached a Jack Abbott statue or even a Nick Newman ..people was sad he leave , but could live without him … I like the style of DB the first month of his introduction, but they staled him very quickly as just Abby’s boyfriend …and as plenty male character with JG he didn’t do much until he was gone,… I found Chance and Abby , a saccharine couple and didn’t like it , forced romance and love of his life statue when we didn’t see any crazy storyline in a year to get that romance I am dying if I am not with you …. Not a a fan of DB , but from what I have already seen with the new recast DB would be missed… Melissa was working well chemistry wise with DB because, ..they were close in age , and definitely he was taller than her …here, it’s more like Arturo..younger man, thinner man , and yes she would be the strongest part of the couple …
              Last edited by GwenSharonteam; November 22, 2021, 12:52 AM.

Comment

I will be shocked if this new Chance gets major story outside of Abby.

Comment

What do you mean "fixated?" They started this s/l and then chose to let the actor go. So, instead of ending the s/l, which would have been the logical thing to do without a recast, they chose to continue it. They chose to turn it into a 3 ring circus with the community baby and then Chance gets blamed because they wrote the most absurd exit for the guy. The s/l should have just ended.

So dont blame Chance or say they are fixated on Chance. He was shoved right in the middle of this absurdity. If they had just recast the part, the way they should have in the first place, you wouldnt feel as if they are fixated on a non-existent char.

I think, in the final analysis, you'll see that the point of this whole nonsensical s/l was to give Devon a baby and this is the way they chose to do it. They had to keep bringing up Chance because they wanted Abby's egg, so they tried to make it seem as if Abby AND Chance were in this together. They wanted her egg but Abby would not just randomly donate her egg to Devon so he could have a baby. They had to make it seem as if Abby and Chance wanted the baby, but poor old Chance's swimmers werent working any more. This way they could have Devon donate his and BINGO, Devon now has a baby. Chance had to be kept "visible," so to speak, to make it seem as if his wife was doing this for them as a married couple, but obviously Devon was the end game and Chance was only used to give them a reason to create this baby.

Comment

Originally posted by CloverLeaf View Post
                    What do you mean "fixated?" They started this s/l and then chose to let the actor go. So, instead of ending the s/l, which would have been the logical thing to do without a recast, they chose to continue it. They chose to turn it into a 3 ring circus with the community baby and then Chance gets blamed because they wrote the most absurd exit for the guy. The s/l should have just ended.

So dont blame Chance or say they are fixated on Chance. He was shoved right in the middle of this absurdity. If they had just recast the part, the way they should have in the first place, you wouldnt feel as if they are fixated on a non-existent char.

I think, in the final analysis, you'll see that the point of this whole nonsensical s/l was to give Devon a baby and this is the way they chose to do it. They had to keep bringing up Chance because they wanted Abby's egg, so they tried to make it seem as if Abby AND Chance were in this together. They wanted her egg but Abby would not just randomly donate her egg to Devon so he could have a baby. They had to make it seem as if Abby and Chance wanted the baby, but poor old Chance's swimmers werent working any more. This way they could have Devon donate his and BINGO, Devon now has a baby. Chance had to be kept "visible," so to speak, to make it seem as if his wife was doing this for them as a married couple, but obviously Devon was the end game and Chance was only used to give them a reason to create this baby.

Yes fixed. Everyday for the past couple of months we hear Chance Chance Chance in this 3 ring circus. Great line by the way.

Chance was never a great character. He has been coming going for years now.

I also agree this was all done for Devon to have a child.

Comment

• prim
                      prim commented
                      Editing a comment
                      IMO the writers are more fixated on Phyllis

This is just my opinion but I feel they let DB go at very short notice due to differences and needed time to do a rewrite and find a new actor. The character is important but the execution recently very clumsy.

Chance is related to both Philip Chancellors and Jill and Billy. Abby is also related to Billy. And Devon is related to Catherine and his bio baby Domenic is related to just about everyone. So Chance can play a pivotal role.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X