Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sally was very Polite to Lauren

Lauren did fire Sally. Lauren didn’t want Sally to be hired by Newman Media. I don’t think she owes Lauren any apologies. Lauren would prefer if Sally were homeless. Now she wants Sally to leave town. Sally should just hold her head up high. She told Lauren something to the effect that she hopes they can mend their differences. Good luck Sally with that.

As Sally told Adam, Lauren's opinion means a lot to her. I liked the way Sally handled herself today. Normally she would get defensive and strike back but she kept her cool.

Comment

Sally held back - but the truth of the matter is Lauren is washed up and she knows it - Sally is the future -Lauren entertains the idea of hiring Gloria to replace her - they are in 2 different worlds - Lauren is out of touch and had she been paying attention none of this would've happened -

Comment

• JNLrafamily
        JNLrafamily commented
        Editing a comment
        I respectfully agree to disagree....Lauren is NOT "washed up" and Sally is nothing but a waste of Y&R time IMO

• grayboots
        grayboots commented
        Editing a comment
        I just don't get all the Sally hate. She hasn't done anything worse than most characters on Y&R. I think all this buzz about Sally is only strengthening her standing on the soap. I hope she stays on for many years to come!!

Maybe I am wrong but I feel like Lauren has taken this personally. IMO it was business. If it was any one else but Sally everyone would be cheering that person's ambition and admiring their determination to be successful. I love Lauren and glad she is getting screen time but I hate the storyline. Back in the day Lauren had no problems with the way Spectra's do things.

Comment

• JessieHobo
        JessieHobo commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with you. Lauren is just mad she get the press from her dress.It is funny she never came after Chelsea when she burned Lauren. And Sally is working for Newman Media not as a designer. So Chloe or Adam has no say in her designing.

• YDoIStillWatch
        YDoIStillWatch commented
        Editing a comment
        I got the feeling she thought it was about her too. Despite the way Sally went about getting Victoria the dress, she didn't do it to get back at Lauren or anyone. Lauren wasn't even a thought.

Lauren's company did not get it right, Sally made the dress that Victoria envisioned, Lauren should be embarrassed and realize she let an amazing employee go. If not she at the very least should be embarrassed that someone she let go did what her designer's failed to do.

As someone said Sally is up and coming and Lauren is out of touch.

Comment

• WorldTurner
        WorldTurner commented
        Editing a comment
        Lauren shouldn't be embarrassed about letting Sally go. Sally got Summer to leave so Sally could have her job. That is not ethical. No business owner should condone that.

• JNLrafamily
        JNLrafamily commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry, but I have to disagree .....If you call a mummy wrap a dress "what Victoria envisioned" then Victoria the mindless twit gets what she deserves IMO

Sally didn’t design the dress to backstab Lauren. I think Lauren is taking it personal when she shouldn’t. Sally really cares about what Lauren thinks she just couldn’t tell her about her ideas for the dress or Victoria wouldn’t have tried on a dress Sally designed. I think she was polite and spoke to Lauren about the dress as kind as possible. To bad Lauren didn’t accept it.

Comment

• stillrestless
        stillrestless commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly! Sally wasn't out to get revenge on Lauren & she has never bad-mouthed Lauren. I thought Sally was very gracious when she was speaking to her, unlike Lauren who was ranting & raving about betrayal and saying that Sally was narcissistic & a back-stabber. Even though she won't admit it, I'm sure Lauren regrets firing such a talented designer.

Actually Sally was almost too polite tp Lauren. She has absolutely nothing to apologize for. She is neither Sally's employer or friend. Victoria was right to reject that hideous wedding dress from Fenmore's in favor of the more contemporary and elegant gown that Sally designed. Maybe if Lauren had been perceptive enough to pick up on the now Mrs. Locke's hesitations about the gown, this fiasco could have been averted on her part. Sally was more determined, more energetic and just plain smarter, and that's what is killing Ms. Lauren, not to mention the accolades Sally is receiving. Lauren can go kick rocks. #TEAM SALLY!!!

Comment

• Loyalyr
        Loyalyr commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. Sally was fired by Lauren and told to get lost. Now Sally is having a private conversation and Lauren interrupts and starts screaming. Sally doesn’t really need to talk to Lauren but was polite. If Lauren has a problem with Sally at this point in time, she can try to destroy Sally in business or raise in social media what Sally did. Is Lauren, her designers and Gloria a formidable team?
        Last edited by Loyalyr; October 22, 2021, 06:07 AM.

• JNLrafamily
        JNLrafamily commented
        Editing a comment
        :Sorry, my gag reflux is kicking in.....Sally is a worthless character and so NOT needed on Y&R.....where's Paul and all the other GREAT actors/actresses that made Y&R a perfect soap......sad

• Sara_in_BC
        Sara_in_BC commented
        Editing a comment
        Sally is creating quite a stir with the fans. Much like previous grey women like Phyllis and Jill. I suspect her crimes that everyone is up in arms about are minor compared to what she may do in the future. Sally I think is a long term character and I believe she will have a legacy Newman offspring. I hope it will be Adam but Noah would be fine as well.

Sally needs to contact Sheila over in Los Angeles to tackle Lauren to the floor.

Comment

• BellaCuore
        BellaCuore commented
        Editing a comment

• Dixie_Amazon
        Dixie_Amazon commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd watch that, lol. 😁🍿

Oh good heavens I can’t get over how Sally is being made out to be some sort of victim. She stole the dress or “moved it” so her dress could be seen that’s what she did. And Lauren is not just taking it personally this hurts her business. “It’s just business”well it’s just business that has made Lauren react the way she did.

She didn’t get the dress worn by Victoria on an even playing field anymore than she got Summer’s job on an even playing field. That’s the point. Not that the dress was better, not that she’s ambitious, not that she was polite (really?) none of that. And I think Lauren was right, eventually her deceptions will come home to roost for her, and I think most definitely Chloe will eventually be on the receiving end.

Comment

• thecourt99
        thecourt99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree, Sally isn't a victim. I just don't understand how Sally hurts her business when ultimately, her designer's dress didn't satisfy the victim. I found it interesting that you stated that Sally didn't get the dress worn by Victoria on an even playing field. She schemed to get her dress seen. That statement stood out to me because you are right, it wasn't an even playing field. Lauren was grandfathered in because of the relationship and connections. Lauren sold a wedding dress to Victoria that Victoria didn't even like because they were friendly. So it wasn't a level playing field. As you stated, Victoria wouldn't take Sally's calls. Sally planned on pitching the dress before Victoria left, but she left early. Sally improvised. She shouldn't have taken Lauren's dress, but at least Victoria had the opportunity to see the dresses side by side and make a choice. If her designer listened to the client, that may not have happened, but I assume that Lauren got paid anyway, she just didn't get press.

• LoveTheWinters
        LoveTheWinters commented
        Editing a comment
        ^^^Completely agree with "thecourt99". Lauren should be talking to Victoria. She's the one who ultimately chose to wear Sally's dress. Lauren was not a thought when Sally initially wanted to design Vicki's dress, this was not backstabbing to me.
        Last edited by LoveTheWinters; October 22, 2021, 10:17 AM.

• Sara_in_BC
        Sara_in_BC commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh my goodness, shes hardly done anything that we havent seen Phyllis do since Sally's been on the show. As I said previously Sally's just getting started.

When Lauren was Sally's age, she would've done the same or more to convince Victoria to pick her dress. If given the opportunity now and if Lauren didn't have the success she has now, I wouldn't be surprised if she still orchestrated a similar situation.

Why does Lauren expect loyalty from a person she claims isn't loyal? It might not be "right" but it appears that all is fair in love and fashion.

Comment

If getting publicity from Victoria wearing Fenmore’s gown was so important to Lauren why wasn’t she or her stylist over there in Tuscany guarding that gown, helping Victoria get dressed, and standing by prepared to make any last minute repairs or alterations? Lauren’s casual approach to making sure her customer was satisfied and then protecting her investment is responsible for her dress not being chosen.
        Last edited by Good Kitty; October 22, 2021, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Sally is one of the most unlikeable characters in a long time!! Hate, hate her manipulations and nasty ways and do not see any chemistry with her and anyone!!

Comment

• grayboots
            grayboots commented
            Editing a comment
            I understand that Sally is a polarizing character, but I find that most people are rooting for her. I don't think she has done anything worse than any other characters on Y&R. I just don't understand all the Sally hate. If manipulation and nasty ways are a barometer for liking a character, then people would hate just about every character on soaps.

• backheidi
            backheidi commented
            Editing a comment
            For me it is because I liked her on B&B until the end when she lied about having a terminal disease.....which totally ruined the character!!! They played her totally remorseful and she left town. Therefore, when I heard she was coming to Y&R, I thought she would be remorseful and would go back to being a decent human being. But she has been a manipulative liar from day one on Y&R and she never has remorse for anything she ever does. That for me makes her the most unlike able female on the show!! You would think after what she did to Summer, that she would stop....but instead she goes from one to the next to cause problems!

I'd like to know what gives someone the right to tell another person to "leave town." Who the blooming heck does Lauren think she is???? She is one giant bunch of sour grapes.

Lauren is mad her gown didnt get the notoriety that Sally's dress is now getting. As someone said in another thread, this happens all the time in the fashion industry. The decision to wear one dress over another is the wearer's choice, in this case Victoria. Lauren needs to go sit in the corner for a time out. She is totally out of line.

I wonder if she'll go after Victoria when she comes home the way she went after Sally. That would be an interesting conversation and I'd love to see Victoria put her in her place!!!

Comment

Sally does not even owe Lauren an apology! Victoria did not love that dress that was designed for her by Lauren's person. If Lauren was paying attention, she would have seen the disappointment on her face. Sally came through with a dress that she LOVED. Sally took a gamble and won. Lauren needs to just walk away and accept defeat. Sally does not work for Lauren and it was business! Lauren needs to take a few seats. I hope Victoria somehow steps in and tells Lauren that Sally's dress was perfect and her's wasn't. Cloverleaf is right, Victoria will put Lauren in her place.

Comment

This all came down to Lauren's vandetta against Sally. Sorry Lauren, you fired her, and this is a competitive business. You should know that business deals are dropped all the time and the client will go with someone who can offer something better. You failed, deal with it.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X