Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can We Do "Happy" Soon?

Honestly, the kidnapping, birth of baby Dominique and subsequent consequences is depressing IMO.
    Mariah desperately needs counselling and detachment. Stitch needs to be found and quickly.
    Devon and Amanda are like two ships that pass in the night.
    Jack needs to stop mopping in the house and find happiness.
    Billy is like a dog with a raw bone and won't let go. Lily will not put up with it too much longer (I hope)
    Sally needs to learn a big lesson and stop lurking if she's gonna survive in GC.

And don’t forget Ashland dying of cancer ….I tuned in for three seconds yesterday and surprise, I saw Victoria with her frown face and immediately clicked off the tv. Don’t get me wrong..the other 3 soaps aren’t much better but sometimes I tune into Days and get a laugh or two because it’s more entertaining. Y/R has never been worse.

Comment

I think the show was much worse during the MAB years, but it may be subjective,

Comment

I think it'd be cool if we share some of our happy Y and R memories,
        Mine likely are Victor and Nicki's first wedding at the Newman Ranch when " Through the Eyes Of Love" was played and there were all the candles, flowers, the huge elaborate wedding gown and veil.
        Nikki was such a beautiful bride.

Another happy and long delayed moment for me was when Jill finally found the gift Kay had left for her in the music box: a 40 plus year old ring Phillip II had bought for Jill and planned to give her, likely at their formal engagement, before Katherine caused his mortal injuries and death in Jill's arms. I loved the Phillip and Jill romance, being a teenager myself.

Lastly, when Cassie was found AND Sharon and Nick were able to bring premature Noah home, too. Amazing loving young family's love for two new children, one whose illness led to the finding of the other.

Comment

I never considered Y&R one of the more happy soaps but it’s definitely been more depressing now.

Comment

• MalteseBaby
            MalteseBaby commented
            Editing a comment
            Well it definitely has been one of the most even- handed soaps until MAB's reign and never has recovered.

When did you start watching? Nikki and Victor's wedding is STILL a highlight, just so sweet and beautiful. She was so young and trusting.

• Emerald Greens
            Emerald Greens commented
            Editing a comment
            I think it was about 1982 or 83

YR needs to revamp the whole show. Paul Williams should be back on Canvas. Make him a Special Investigator, so he is not too heavy on the characters and can move around the law more than as Cheif of Police.

Comment

IMO, when Mariah and Tessa get hitched and have a baby of their own, I'll be happy.
            When Jack reunites with Phyllis, I'll be happy.
            Devon donates sperm the fun way, to Amanda, and they get hitched, I'll be happy.
            Victor finds Chance and brings him home, I'll be happy.
            Sharon kicks Adam to the curb forever, and attends to her own family, I'll be happy.
            Victoria and Ashland march down whatever, and wherever, they find an aisle, and get married with no
            impediments, I'll be happy!

Comment

I really think they need the next generation power couples to carry this on for many years. I think they should get Nick and Sharon back; they have more children than any other couple with lots of story telling opportunity. Use this to share the struggles and joys of daily life. Then solidify Ashland and Victoria as a couple that take on Chancecom (for heavens sake, get some staff there and drama extended beyond Billy and Lily) and Newman Media. Lots of drama there that is balanced with the children… plenty of storytelling. I’ve never really loved Jack and Phyllis… but do something with them… happy to take them as a couple… imagine Miss I Need to be in everyone’s business secretly searches for and finds Keemo, only to find out it’s the last thing Jack wants but it works out positively. Get those couples sorted and then work around it with everyone else. Get rid of dead weight and use the money for contract players and extras, improved sets, more integrated story telling with lots of people taking part in events like the christening… no more weddings with 7 people… empty restaurants and coffee shops. Ugh.

Comment

Yes please. With all this running interference about Victoria's wedding to Ashland, I don't want to be robbed of my splashy, over the top wedding with flowers up the yin yang
                and gowns from Sposa Bella ! Champagne for everyone!

Comment

• taramartin
                  taramartin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You don't think there'll really be a fancy wedding do you?

• Rubythroat1
                  Rubythroat1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I stay positive. Always hopeful.

Originally posted by Rubythroat1 View Post
                IMO, when Mariah and Tessa get hitched and have a baby of their own, I'll be happy.
                When Jack reunites with Phyllis, I'll be happy.
                Devon donates sperm the fun way, to Amanda, and they get hitched, I'll be happy.
                Victor finds Chance and brings him home, I'll be happy.
                Sharon kicks Adam to the curb forever, and attends to her own family, I'll be happy.
                Victoria and Ashland march down whatever, and wherever, they find an aisle, and get married with no
                impediments, I'll be happy!
                That sounds wonderful Rubythroat1........We all need "Happy!!"

Comment

I agree the show is dark. No one looks happy, boring couples, boring stories and the same sets. Show needs a massive overhaul.

My happy:
                  Reunite Phack as Phyllis chooses the love of her life
                  Shick reunite and face hurdles with Noah who returns home with his pregnant girlfriend, a girl who is the niece of Matt Clark
                  Amanda is actually Hilary and Devon gets his true love back
                  Chance returns
                  Mariah finds happiness and accepts Dominic is Abby's
                  Ashland/Victoria get together
                  Cane returns for Lily
                  Chelsea returns and Chelsea, Connor, Adam reunite as a family and Chelsea is pregnant with a girl
                  Billy and Imani get together in a fun romance

Comment

My Happy
                    A recast Chance returns and he apologizes to Adam and resumes their friendship (Chance giving in to spoiled Abby on this ruined her for me. She gas b=no business telling Chance with whom he should be friendly to.)
                    Mariah and Tess leave town forb good (What exactly do they do for the show. And with all respect to CG, her snarky, waspish character is a major turnoff)
                    Lily gets out her disastrous pairing with Billy Boy Abbott (CK deserves way better than this).
                    Speaking of Billy, his comeuppance is long overdue. Go, Ashland, go!
                    Adam and Chelsea never reunite (no real man who could ever forget, much less forgive, a woman who set him up for the attempted murder of a cop.) And may they not only not get back together, bot never a second child, girl or boy. The poor child would be a bargaining chip, just like Connor, for the con artist to play against the Newmans..
                    Nate and Elena make it. Dr, Hastings is a really good guy.
                    An interrupted wedding for Ashland and Victoria. (She has it coming, you know she does).
                    Adam and Sally discover genuine love and friendship in a slow burn, but sexy romance (Y&R has been long overdue for one, MG and CH can flawlessly pull this off).
                    Victor and his two sons find new ways to work together and bond. (stay out of it, Nikki!)

Comment

• Penelope P
                      Penelope P commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I like a lot of your points and hope some are put into use..........Thank you.

Originally posted by Rubythroat1 View Post
                    Yes please. With all this running interference about Victoria's wedding to Ashland, I don't want to be robbed of my splashy, over the top wedding with flowers up the yin yang
                    and gowns from Sposa Bella ! Champagne for everyone!
                    My prediction: If there really is a Victoria-Ashland wedding, the show will just recycle some of the Chancellor Park set pieces. It won't look like much, although all the guests (probably five tops) will proclaim it a fairy-tale wedding of the ages.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                      Rubythroat1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I did not think they were going to Tuscany for real, anyway. Those big budget days are over--like Lilly and Cane in Paris.

• Soapfan54
                      Soapfan54 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ...And Nell & Drucilla in Japan...

I got some happy today! I loved watching Rey take Sharon's mind off of mothering Mariah, by romancing her at Society with a bottle of perfume from
                    Miami, that reminded Sharon of the Botanical Gardens in Miami on their honeymoon. Flash forward to Naked Lunch at the cottage ( by suggestion).

Comment

It’s not even a question of happy or sad although it’s good to have some happy. Soaps can’t have too much happy things have to be difficult and characters struggle.

I think it needs to be interesting the show just feels moldy to me . The long time characters are too condescending a lot of the time. Too self important. They need to let newer characters flourish and actually keep them around.
                      Why bring Ashland around and not let him be a real force? Same with Sally. Missing characters like Mia too.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X