• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bronxgal
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Jun 2005

I;m over Lily’s Blind Support of Billy

I am really at the end of my rope with a character that used to be my favorite.

In one breath she tells Billy “I am with you”. The next she lists every reason why she shouldn’t be.

The fact that she is endangering her company to indulge her boyfriends petty jealousies. I can’t with her anymore.

She even mentioned why Locke did to Jabot a long standing company. ChanceComm is new, Locke is going to wreck them. It will possibly cost employees at ChanceComm their jobs especially the women from prison that Lily helped.

The only way her character can be salvaged is if she grows a backbone and boots Billy from leadership. He has abused his position from day one.

I knew pairing her with Billy would be the worst thing that could happen especially after Cane. But I didn’t expect it to be this bad.
    Last edited by bronxgal; September 19, 2021, 12:47 PM.
  • CincyLady
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Sep 2005

It's embarrassing for the writers to do this to Lily who is actually a very intelligent character.

Comment

• WorldTurner
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jan 2006

At this point I am hoping Ashland destroys ChanceComm. I can't believe the way Lily just goes along with Billy all of the time.

Comment

• DallasGal
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jun 2008

I agree that Lily is all over the place when it comes to Billy.

But, it’s not Lily’s company. Nor, is it Billy’s. Lily might be able to influence Jill to make a decision but Lily doesn’t have any authority to fire Billy; her equal partner.

Comment

• bronxgal
          bronxgal commented
          Editing a comment
          She can call Jill and try to convince her to do it though. Jill loves her son but I think she knows when to cut her losses.

I don’t think Jill wants Locke to come after ChanceComm and by default Chancellor Industries.

• DallasGal
          DallasGal commented
          Editing a comment
          @Bronxgal

I agree. I mentioned that Lily can influence Jill to make a decision.

• Rubythroat1
          Rubythroat1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think Lilly is blind, to what is driving Billy. She'll take only so much
          and choose her moment for splittsville. Going to prison taught her that no one
          is perfect.
      • 1catlover3
        Board Regular
        • Feb 2009

She has every right to veto what he wants to do. It takes both of them to approve anything since they are equal partners. Did her personality change with Josh? She was so strong when she got out of prison.

Comment

• WorldTurner
          WorldTurner commented
          Editing a comment
          She did seem stronger when she got out of prison but I don't see this is a personality change. This seems pretty much the same to me as she was with Cane.
      • kentucky
        Senior Board Member
        • Mar 2004

Watching Lily is so frustrating. She is very aware that Billy is obsessing over his ex but she stays with him when she must know by now that she takes second place to Victoria. She challenges Billy on one level, only to fold in the end. I hate to see her as a doormat.

Comment

• zenmaster5
          Soap Addict
          • May 2017

After today's conversation between Lily and Billy when he said the only people he is concerned about when it comes to pursuing Ashland is Victoria and his children, hopefully Lily wakes up and realizes that Billy isn't even concerned about her. Whatever Billy does in trying to get information about Ashland not only affects Victoria, Katie and Johnny, but it also affects her and she will get caught up in the crossfires because she is associated with Billy too! For some reason Billy isn't even concerned about Lily and her safety or her job. Billy isn't taking Ashland's threat serious which he really should because Ashland isn't one to mess with from what I saw today.
          I wish there was a way Billy could find out about Ashland without anyone getting hurt because I want to know what Ashland is hiding and if Billy is the only one willing to dig for that information, then I am all for it. I also think Lily should cut Billy loose because he clearly isn't concerned about her safety or her career from what I saw today.

Comment

• littleliz
            • Nov 2016

OMG, Billy is so obvious. Lily should tell him in no uncertain terms to cut the cord to Vicky or she is
            out of here. Don't know how they will work together though if they aren't a couple. Is she too old for
            Noah? Feel bad for Lily to have to put up with Billy's stupidity.

Comment

• aryastark
              Senior Board Member
              • Jan 2021

I really liked Lilly and Billy when they first got together. But the more I see of them, the less I like them. Lily seems more like Billy's babysitter, mother than his girlfriend. What is Lily getting out of her relationship with Billy?

Comment

• LoveTheWinters
                LoveTheWinters commented
                Editing a comment
                Lily gets nothing but sex and opportunities to mother young children again ??‍♀️ I just can't believe she's going along with all of this. Billy is completely unlikable these days
            • smokeyjune1
              Soap Addict
              • Oct 2011

Hey Lily....Snap out of it!!! She is kidding herself about who Billy is. He's a jerk. Her character is like a little fairy who just flits around saying "aaawww" to everything Billy says.

Comment

• MsMalin
                Senior Board Member
                • Aug 2018

I don't understand why they have ruined a classy,intelligent,beautiful woman like this.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Jan 2014

Lilly will very likely pick her moment, when she cuts herself off from Billy. The good thing about Lilly is that she has no problem confronting him.
                  The moment may come when Billy actively runs interference in Victoria's wedding to Ashland.

Comment

• KendallSam
                    • Jun 2007

Phyllis did the same thing, Vikki as well.

Billy does so much crap that you have to turn a blind eye to be with him.

He betrayed Phyllis to spy on Jabot and she forgave him. He also lost Jabot in a gamble IIRC.

Vikki was kidnapped before. Billy was almost beat to death over his debts.

Billy has been forgiven for a lot.

It’s just Lily’s turn. So far he doesn’t seem I be doing anything behind Lily’s back so that is progress.

Comment

• bronxgal
                      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by aryastark View Post
                      I really liked Lilly and Billy when they first got together. But the more I see of them, the less I like them. Lily seems more like Billy's babysitter, mother than his girlfriend. What is Lily getting out of her relationship with Billy?
                      To the bolded, aside from sex and probably premature frown lines and wrinkles ?, not a daggone thing.

Comment

• Theresa_Fan
                        Aspiring soap scribe
                        • Jul 2007

I've always said CK and JT have chemistry but the story is horrible for Billy/Lily.

They are basically writing them as sex, work and it's similar to how they write Nick/Phyllis. The only thing is, is they don't have any common hobbies or any kids together. They need to shake up Billy/Lily and maybe invest in putting Nick with Lily and Billy with Amanda.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X