Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children written to talk like adults

Listening to Conor talking to Adam just now saying things like "Can't you just work it out" and then "Is Sharon the reason you and mom are breaking up" is exactly the phrasing adults would use and not some 8 year old lol

OMG Now in the very next scene Conor talks just like Chloe would to Adam and Sharon before running away lol

Comment

• PennyB
      PennyB commented
      Editing a comment
      Connor is probably echoing things he has heard from his mother. This happens.

• Jerze
      Jerze commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree PennyB, he also mentioned that he'd heard his mother and grandmother talking and he probably wasn't listening at keyholes.

Connor doesn't live with other siblings and he isn't shown having friends nor has he ever hung out in the neighborhood. Other than his schoolmates he's always around adults - I know from personal experience that that alone can make a difference.

Kids are often smarter than we give them credit for. It is very unnerving for an adult to hear mature and pertinent comments from children.
    Today I totally love Connor for speaking his truth to Adam and Sharon. The shock of recognition!

Comment

• Y&R25years
      Y&R25years commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah it might be the truth viewers want to hear stated but an 8 year old talking with structure and demeanor like that is silly

• Rubythroat1
      Rubythroat1 commented
      Editing a comment
      My daughter talked like that when she was nine years old. She was a prodigy. Never silly.

• henyvo02
      henyvo02 commented
      Editing a comment
      I do not at all find it silly to hear a child talk like that to me it is normal.

I don't know, I could see a child saying that but I have felt Connor seemed older than Johnny Abbott who is actually the oldest of Chelsea children. I think Johnny even expressed how he felt about Ashland moving in to Victoria house. I think it was to Lily when he said he felt sick.

Comment

• Nick Fallon fan
      Nick Fallon fan commented
      Editing a comment
      You’re right, Johnny is older than Connor

Connor is not 2; he can formulate a correct and complete sentence at age 9.

Comment

Some kids are advanced but now days I they just know more and learn certain things earlier. That doesn’t mean they are fully developed .

Comment

Connor is 8 or 9 he has been in a private school so he is getting an above average education. His speech doesn’t shock me at all.

Comment

It seems to me that Connor has spent far more time around adults rather than kids until he finally went to boarding school. I'm not surprised that he would speak more like an adult.

Comment

Connor is going through very much the same situation that Faith went through, when she blasted her parents in a very intelligent manner, and
            proceeded to live with Victor and Nicki until Sharon and Nick sorted things out. I congratulate Connor for not allowing himself to be talked
            down to.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubythroat1 View Post
              Con.nor is going through very much the same situation that Faith went through, when she blasted her parents in a very intelligent manner, and proceeded to live with Victor and Nicki until Sharon and Nick sorted things out. I congratulate Connor for not allowing himself to be talked down to.
              I thought Connor was totally disrespectful to adults - but agree Sharon should not have been there. His opinions are based on what he has heard from his mother by his own admission. Of course, he hasn't been told about Chelsea's criminal actions. Adam would be a fool to live with Chelsea again after she tried to get him charged with attempted murder.

Comment

• WorldTurner
                WorldTurner commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree DOOM. He doesn't need to know what either of his parents have done yet it seems many think he should be told what Chelsea did.

• Rubythroat1
                Rubythroat1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Adam and Sharon both deserved Connor's disrespect.

• CincyLady
                CincyLady commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't like to see any child be disrespectful to an adult. They either need to learn to communicate their thoughts in a more respectful way - or not express them at all.

Originally posted by Y&R25years View Post
              OMG Now in the very next scene Conor talks just like Chloe would to Adam and Sharon before running away lol
              ^^^yep, so the question is do children talk like adults or do adults talk like children?

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                Rubythroat1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Excellent point!..............

Originally posted by proudsoapfan View Post

^^^yep, so the question is do children talk like adults or do adults talk like children?
              Good question. But, are we talking real life or fictional soap dribble? My Son and I talk about everything and anything, I discuss his thoughts honestly with him and he was taught respect.....soap dribble is kids sent to boarding school or the closet, only to be trotted out for a plot point and disrespecting others.....Connor will be a serial killer one day, thanks to his dysfunctional and looney tunes parents jmo

Comment

• JNLrafamily
                JNLrafamily commented
                Editing a comment
                rockgirl Good question.....I hate the writing for Sharon....WHY does JG always have to make Sharon look weak and conflicted......heavy sigh

• rockgirl
                rockgirl commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh yeah, I hear you there. Sometimes I hate the way Sharon is written under JG too. She's always thrown under the bus and is blamed for everything. While I'm very appreciative that she's on regularly, I wish it were more positive writing and that she was able to have a voice and be more decisive. I feel like she is being forced to stay with Rey even though they are clearly unhappy and have been for ages. I"m hoping she gets a fresh new start very soon.

• JNLrafamily
                JNLrafamily commented
                Editing a comment
                rockgirl As long as JG is writing the s/l, I wouldn't hold my breath

Some children just talk like 'grown ups'. Granddaughter lived with me at birth. Never talked down to her or with baby talk. I remember when she was 4, raining, and she's talking about precipitation (her word), wanting a rain gauge, and 'waiting in anticipation' (her words) for rain. We'll go to Thesaurus.com and look up words. She's 6.

With Connor in Boarding School, I imagine that is the way he is taught.

I had no problem with the way Connor spoke to Sharon and Adam. I think parents should pay more attention to WHAT was being said, instead of HOW it was said. (Although, afterwards, could demonstrate on how the child could have gotten his point across in a more appropriate way)

Comment

It doesn't matter HOW precocious Damien Smartypants is. He was parroting what he heard his never-to-blame mother say about his parents' breakdown/up and is acting-out (aka, throwing a fit). The kid is woefully misinformed and was disrespectful as well. Keeping him in the dark is only adding to his emotional turmoil, imo. Adam is in such a hurry to have he/the Poisoner's relationship over, that he handled it all wrong. Chelsea should've been present in-person or via skype and Sharon should not have been present at all. That being said, Connor was still out of line speaking to both his father and Sharon that way. Kids aren't adults and don't yet have the capacity to manage their emotions/communicate them in a constructive way. E.g, Connor running off is something a kid would do, because he IS a kid. He needs to be taught that if he wants to be listened to, then rude won't get him that.

Comment

Originally posted by Soapfan54 View Post
                  It doesn't matter HOW precocious Damien Smartypants is. He was parroting what he heard his never-to-blame mother say about his parents' breakdown/up and is acting-out (aka, throwing a fit). The kid is woefully misinformed and was disrespectful as well. Keeping him in the dark is only adding to his emotional turmoil, imo. Adam is in such a hurry to have he/the Poisoner's relationship over, that he handled it all wrong. Chelsea should've been present in-person or via skype and Sharon should not have been present at all. That being said, Connor was still out of line speaking to both his father and Sharon that way. Kids aren't adults and don't yet have the capacity to manage their emotions/communicate them in a constructive way. E.g, Connor running off is something a kid would do, because he IS a kid. He needs to be taught that if he wants to be listened to, then rude won't get him that.

You’re right …the kid doesn’t speak like an adult, ..and the smartest question would have been to ask what are the feeling of his father, if we wanted to behave like an adult , he would have understand his father and mum’s point of view … here his reaction was totally from a child point of view who react facing a situation he didn’t like and pointing just what his mother told him … I heard child speaking like adult and it’s definitely not how Connor reacted..funny if it was an adult people would have said he acted like a brat, or spoiled child but because it’s a kid they said he act like an adult …certainly an adult who acted like a kid 😄…

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X