Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Why hasn’t anyone suggested Mariah get professional help?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • prissaO
    Board Regular
    • Aug 2018

Why hasn’t anyone suggested Mariah get professional help?

So Devon suggested they just all give Mariah some space and just make sure she knows they are all there for her. Um…. Isn’t that basically what they did when she “disappeared”? They gave her space thinking she was hormonal and needed to get away for awhile which led to her being held captive longer than if they would have acted sooner. Now they are “giving her space” and ignoring the red flags in her behavior instead of speaking to her directly and plainly about her over-involvement and attachment to Dominic. They are basically making the same mistake twice

It seems odd the writers would basically be repeating that storyline, just packaged differently.

This whole community baby storyline is so tedious. How Abby seems blind to the conflict that is bound to arise by having Devon and Mariah so closely involved with the baby (god parents, really Abby??? Just WHY?!!) The fact that Devon and Mariah (especially Mariah) are having attachment issues was SO predictable I guess for Dominic’s entire life he have ready made drama with Mariah and Devon. So contrived SMH
  • Amethyst57
    Recurring Poster
    • Sep 2018

prissaO You'd think her mother being a therapist and all would suggest or even refer Mariah to a therapist...but noooo, she's too wrapped up with Adam and his problems.

Comment

• prissaO
      prissaO commented
      Editing a comment
      LIKE!!! ?✔️

• pattiminer10
      pattiminer10 commented
      Editing a comment
      i can't believe that no one has put her into therapy.

• Pamcho
      Pamcho commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm pretty sure it's a requirement to take some psychological exams & therapy before becoming a surragate. Mariah should be getting counseling. She also should stop pumping breast milk.
  • Shoelover
    Contract Poster
    • Dec 2017

I totally agree that she needs counseling. She was kidnapped, kept hostage in a small room with no light or contact with the outside world AND pregnant. And no one thought she'd need professional help once she was rescued? Time and space is not the answer.

Comment

• prissaO
      prissaO commented
      Editing a comment
      “Time and space is not the answer”

EXACTLY!!!
  • PattiePancake
    Recurring Poster
    • Nov 2018

It seems like there is a lot of "wash, rinse, repeat" with the writing on the show nowadays. I guess fantastical writing can be entertaining, but I don't like when I'm constantly questioning why characters are not acting normally. Of course Mariah needs counseling, but no one is suggesting that to her and like @Amethyst57 said, even Sharon (who has her DEGREE!!!) hasn't suggested it.

It doesn't make a lot of sense, except that the writers must need these characters to act outside of the norm to keep the storyline going. Unfortunately, that (IMO) isn't writing creatively. It's just setting up artificial, unrealistic situations for the sake of "drama"

Comment

• stillrestless
      Board Regular
      • Aug 2008

Considering the level of stress & trauma Mariah went through, it's hard to believe that absolutely no one is suggesting that she see a therapist. Taking a vacation or going for a walk is not going to cure this! And neither is staying at the Chancellor mansion staring longingly at the baby all day......Mariah needs professional help.

Comment

• prissaO
        Board Regular
        • Aug 2018

Originally posted by stillrestless View Post
        Considering the level of stress & trauma Mariah went through, it's hard to believe that absolutely no one is suggesting that she see a therapist. Taking a vacation or going for a walk is not going to cure this! And neither is staying at the Chancellor mansion staring longingly at the baby all day......Mariah needs professional help.
        THIS right here!!! It’s SO unbelievable no one is suggesting she get help. And for her to get upset at Tessa for speaking to Abby is annoying.

I feel for Mariah and I actually really like her character but it’s the silly storyline that is aggravating. None of it makes sense and it’s not holding my interest at all. I don’t want to fast forward but it’s getting really difficult.

at “staring longingly at the baby”

Comment

• Betsey
          Executive Poster
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by prissaO View Post
          So Devon suggested they just all give Mariah some space and just make sure she knows they are all there for her. Um…. Isn’t that basically what they did when she “disappeared”? They gave her space thinking she was hormonal and needed to get away for awhile which led to her being held captive longer than if they would have acted sooner. Now they are “giving her space” and ignoring the red flags in her behavior instead of speaking to her directly and plainly about her over-involvement and attachment to Dominic. They are basically making the same mistake twice

It seems odd the writers would basically be repeating that storyline, just packaged differently.

This whole community baby storyline is so tedious. How Abby seems blind to the conflict that is bound to arise by having Devon and Mariah so closely involved with the baby (god parents, really Abby??? Just WHY?!!) The fact that Devon and Mariah (especially Mariah) are having attachment issues was SO predictable I guess for Dominic’s entire life he have ready made drama with Mariah and Devon. So contrived SMH
          I made a very long anger filled post yesterday about the same thing. I am full of rage at the cluelessness of everybody in this ridiculous storyline!!!!!!

Everyone is ignoring the GIANT ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM that is Mariah NEEDS HELP!!! GET HER HELP!!!!

Get her out of that house, away from the baby and away from Abby!!!!!!!!!!! The hospital should have NEVER released her without a treatment plan. The hospital should have NEVER brought the baby in and out of Mariah's room and the hospital should have had a therapist there waiting for her as soon as she arrived by ambulance. Clearly, Devon, Abby and even Sharon the therapist have no clue what they're doing so the professionals should have stepped in but I guess "GC Memorial" is full of unqualified dummies as well!!!!!!!!!

Infuriating storyline!!!!!

Comment

• prissaO
            prissaO commented
            Editing a comment
            LOVE your post!! I’m right there with you ?

• lucario2000
            lucario2000 commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree totally! Unfortunately, this horrible SL will never end. They are all there living in the same town, so Marriah will watch
            the baby grow up.
        • Bobaloo
          Board Regular
          • Apr 2020

It's truly baffling. This woman was held captive in a tiny room for a really long time. That alone is enough to warrant some counseling as part of recovery. Add to that that she was at the end of her pregnancy, full of hormones, and terrified about giving birth for the first time all alone, I just don't get it. Why does no one care about Mariah enough to want to help her?? Her trauma is so obvious, and completely normal given what she's been through that it takes intentional effort to not see it.

Comment

• CloverLeaf
            Scriptwriter
            • Jul 2017

The lack of observation and concern for Mariah by her so-called family and friends is mind boggling. It would have taken exactly 2 seconds for anyone else to see that Mariah needed help.

Obviously the writers are trying to create a spinoff s/l about Mariah and her mental status but it's infuriating to see a decent character turned into a basket case. Not only that, what's with her family and friends (who always butt into her business) who dont seem to even notice anything is wrong with her? I think a monkey could have written a better s/l. This one is insulting and has been since the first day when Abby was leafing through the profiles of potential sperm donors, and it's just gone downhill from there..

Comment

• WorldTurner
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jan 2006

When she was in the hospital, her medical doctor would have suggested counseling, knowing she had been kidnapped. Or her doctor on a follow up appointment. And certainly her mother would suggest it. It would make more sense to me that people were suggesting counseling and she was refusing. It's just not realistic that nobody is suggesting it. Look how Sharon insisted on a counselor for Faith. Why not the same for Mariah?

Comment

• Bobaloo
                Bobaloo commented
                Editing a comment
                YES! I could definitely buy a story where everyone is pushing Mariah to get counseling for her traumas, and having her stubbornly refuse and insist she's fine. But this is just beyond unrealistic. I guess it's on par for the whole storyline, though - I mean, Mariah went missing, and no one even gave it a second thought for weeks/months.

I'm just so confused as to how Mariah became nothing more than an afterthought for everyone in her life.
            • Blank Slate
              Senior Board Member
              • May 2009

Not to be rude but it should have been in the contract: GET HER OUT OF ABBY’S House after the birth. Enough already. It took a village to make this baby. Surrogacy is a noble act but there must be limits.

Comment

• Penelope P
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Feb 2007

The other elephant in the room is the search for Stitch ..........no updates .......another one that needs help and fast!

Comment

• Soapfan54
                  Contract Poster
                  • Aug 2016

I think that everyone feels exactly the same way about Mariah, that they've always felt This should be a wake-up call for her. Think about it: Mariah had just started a new job w/big responsibility. WHY would Abby approach her to surrogate knowing this? As if Mariah had nothing else better to do than disrupt her own life, to carry a baby for nine months, for someone else There's your thought process, right there in your face. Why would Mariah agree to this? So now that everybody's gotten what they want outta the deal, Mariah is an afterthought. It isn't what THEY think, it's how little she thought of HERSELF in this process. If she cares at all about herself, she'd be saying, "Later fools, I'm OUT!!" and not waiting around for tea and sympathy that obviously is not coming. JMO

Now I'm in the minority, but imo, Mariah/Sharon don't have a strong mother/daughter relationship. Mariah doesn't care too much for her mom nor does she respect her, imo. So, I'm not so sure that she'd listen to Sharon if she suggested/insisted that she get help. She'd probably snap back at her, insulted. She disdainfully sees Sharon's "messiness," but has always been blind to her "own." What about her adored partner, Tessa? Is she blind? Does she not see that the love of her life is trippin' completely out? One doesn't need a degree to say, "Hey! You need help!" Neither Mariah nor Tessa are young kids, both are adults who've been around several blocks. What's Tessa's obligation to her partner? How about baby mama, Abby? Or long-time "friend/know-it-all," Devon? It's easy to drag Sharon (per usual) but there are more people involved in this situation--especially those who've benefited from it--who also have an obligation to speak up. JMHO

Comment

• gippsy
                    Senior Board Member
                    • Jun 2004

It's so creepy when Mariah calls the baby Bowie because no one else does. It's not his name.
                    It's like that psycho Nina calling Sonny Mike on GH and refusing to acknowledge who he really is.
                    This is starting to remind me of The Hand that Rocks the Cradle.

Comment

• Perkygirl
                      Day Player
                      • Jan 2017

It has been discussed but no one has followed through and I certainly don't understand that.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X