Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick seems to be reflecting lately

He told Jack today about what Sharon said (He didn't name her) but it's clearly on his mind. It's interesting he was at Crimson Lights, I thought he was waiting for Sharon to talk about their conversation the other day.

I thought it was interesting when Jack asked if he loved her, he didn't say yes right away and Jack told him that was not what he was asking. I see that as another negative anvil for Nick and Phyllis.

It almost feels like to me that Nick is finding reasons as to why they don't belong together. I truly think Phyllis not telling him about her conversation with Jack is going to be a bad thing. He's either going to overhear it, someone will overhear it and tell him. I think he's going to end up in bed with another woman sooner than later. I also included a poll with this topic.

Do you think Nick will end up in bed with another woman or Jack/Phyllis will end up together in bed? Not what you want to happen but what you think will happen. I was thinking for the longest time that Phack would cheat but I am starting to think it will be Nick.

I am starting to wonder if he will cheat with Sharon with their last coffee house scene gazing at each other
    Nick will cheat
    16.00%
    Phyllis will cheat
    40.00%
    No one will cheat
    44.00%

I think Nick is feeling some kind of way because he suspects there’s something up with Phyllis’s feelings for Jack.

Comment

The only thing Phyllis/Jack are doing different right now is commiserating, which leads to them spending more time together.
      Otherwise, there is nothing different about the way they interact.
      They have always and will always love each other.
      Nick knows that on some level, but he let that hack Sally get in his head.
      No one will cheat.

Comment

• KendallSam
        KendallSam commented
        Editing a comment
        ITA!

It just seems to me Sally was successful in putting doubt in his head. Hopefully he realizes it soon. No need for him to be all up in his feelings while he is the happiest he has been in a long time. 😁

• Penelope P
        Penelope P commented
        Editing a comment
        100% in agreement and thank you for your post.

I don't think Sally has anything to do with this but Sharon's comments seem to get to him more. He looked miserable in bed with Phyllis after talking to Sharon, then he gazed sexually at Sharon and then the next day he was agitated.

Y&R changes couples every 2-3 years. Looks like it's that time again to have someone cheat or swap partners.

I would be very shocked if someone isn't cheating within 3-6 months.

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
        CouchCruisin' commented
        Editing a comment
        I disagree.
        It was Sally's game playing comments that started it.
        When Nick spoke with Sharon, the doubt was already there.

Sally got inside Nick’s head but that scene happened after the scene between Nick and Jack in the park. Jack’s comment about Phyllis knowing him better than anyone bothered Nick enough that he told Phyllis about it. Nick wanted Phyllis to reassure him that he is still first in her heart. There would be no other reason for him to tell Phyllis like he did. Add all the other times that Nick has witnessed the encounters between Jack and Phyllis. The only thing that hasn’t happened yet is the confrontation asking why she is always with Jack.

Jack asked Nick if he loved Phyllis. Nick responded with, “I’m crazy about her”. In Nick’s mind that meant he loves her but that is not how Jack would have answered the question. Nick said he loves Phyllis but as these scenes play out it seems like Jack’s love is deeper. Phyllis is so far under his skin and he talks to her in such romantic ways; he always has.

I didn’t vote yet because I am not sure how this plays out. I don’t know if Nick is going to propose. If Jack backs off because he wants Phyllis to be happy and he thinks she is with Nick. Or, does Jack’s conversation with Nick make him think things aren’t so serious or strong with Nick that maybe he could have another chance with Phyllis.

I would rather see Nick and Phyllis have a heart-to-heart about the future and they agree to part ways instead of the soap staple of a misunderstanding or cheating. I like all 3 characters so I don’t want Jack and Nick to lose their bond. However, this bond broke once and was repaired.
      Last edited by DallasGal; September 14, 2021, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
        CouchCruisin' commented
        Editing a comment
        Can we really label them 'encounters' though?
        Phyl and Jack have been friends for decades.
        Nick knows that they have and will always love each other.
        They are not sneaking around and I don't see an 'emotional affair' going on.
        They are doing what they always have, just 'more' because they are commiserating.
        So I guess I would call it emotional sadness.
        Well, this is my opinion anyway.

• DallasGal
        DallasGal commented
        Editing a comment
        @CouchCruisin’

You’re right, they aren’t sneaking around. I used the word “encounters” for a lack of another descriptive word to explain the times these two engage in conversation. I wasn’t seeing an emotional affair either.

I don’t know where the writers are going with the story but I was surprised that Jack told Phyllis that he loves her before the story progressed further. I would not have been surprised if there was a situation that brought about a kiss then Jack saying that he loves her.

No idea about cheating but it certainly seems they will put Phyllis and Jack together 😴. I don't know what they'll do with Nick. That was a stupid conversation between Nick and Jack. Why would Nick talk to Jack like that? Why isn't Nick satisfied being happy?

Comment

I don't think either will cheat but they will break up and Phyllis will go back to Jack. Jack would not go to bed with Phyllis while she is still withNick

Comment

Nick is reflecting lately and the only person that has him second guessing himself is Phyllis. Neither Sally nor Sharon can place a thought in his head that wasn't already there.

When Phyllis was fighting so hard against Sally and before Phyllis told him about the impact to Summer...the issue was Sally dating Jack. Nick even questioned it then. Why was Phyllis going so hard to protect Jack? Then Nick finds out about the Summer angle and helps Phyllis, and after it's said and done, Phyllis still chose to check in on Jack. Phyllis took Summer's decision harder than Nick and commiserated with Jack because he felt the same way. She didn't go to Nick because she didn't feel that he could relate.

Then you have the Newman Media party incident and Phyllis doesn't tell Nick the full story, and Jack doesn't either. Again, Phyllis and Jack are becoming emotionally dependent on each other and Nick is left out.

So yes...Nick is starting to wonder if the relationship is fulfilling the both of them. Phyllis seems to be going to Jack for emotional support lately more than Nick.

Comment

Originally posted by thecourt99 View Post
            Nick is reflecting lately and the only person that has him second guessing himself is Phyllis. Neither Sally nor Sharon can place a thought in his head that wasn't already there.

When Phyllis was fighting so hard against Sally and before Phyllis told him about the impact to Summer...the issue was Sally dating Jack. Nick even questioned it then. Why was Phyllis going so hard to protect Jack? Then Nick finds out about the Summer angle and helps Phyllis, and after it's said and done, Phyllis still chose to check in on Jack. Phyllis took Summer's decision harder than Nick and commiserated with Jack because he felt the same way. She didn't go to Nick because she didn't feel that he could relate.

Then you have the Newman Media party incident and Phyllis doesn't tell Nick the full story, and Jack doesn't either. Again, Phyllis and Jack are becoming emotionally dependent on each other and Nick is left out.

So yes...Nick is starting to wonder if the relationship is fulfilling the both of them. Phyllis seems to be going to Jack for emotional support lately more than Nick.
            That's how I see it too. Phyllis is already having an emotional affair.

Sally comments only showed Nick that Sally saw what was happening with Phack. A relationship that's solid would not be impacted by Sally's words.

I also feel Phyllis was projecting when she said to Sally "Your going to end up alone" I think Phyllis fears that too. When Phyllis brought up marriage to Nick he said he liked things were. Phyllis looked disappointed. It wouldnt surprise me if Nick's says let's get married because he too fears being alone. When he was watching Sharon in the cafe he looked like a man who longed for what they had.

I like what they are doing now, no matter how it ends up. Its realistic. And I do believe it may not be now but eventually it will be Phack and Shick.

Comment

• thecourt99
              thecourt99 commented
              Editing a comment
              As much as I dislike Phick, I do see the growth that is being written in the characters and their relationship.

I also am smiling internally at the references to the end of Shick. When Cassie died, Nick closed himself off emotionally from Sharon and went straight to anger, resulting in him chasing Daniel down. I think Nick also blamed himself. Sharon turned emotionally to Brad because on some level, she blamed Nick and...Nick wasn't there. By the time Nick got around to being emotionally available, Phyllis was there and not Sharon. As much as I hated it, it was also realistic. I'm still mad that the pregnancy is one of the things that kept them from recovering but I see a similar emotional divide occurring with Phick.

I don't know if it's an emotional affair but Nick gazing at Sharon romantically was still interesting to me. I almost wonder if Sharon said "Hey I want to fix things with you" would he say yes? I actually think he would. He's still not completely over their last break up. The problem is beyond sex, there's nothing Nick can fulfill. Phack was based on deep affection and friendship. Phick is just a physical connection. Jack had to ask him twice if he actually loved Phyllis.

Originally posted by MsMalin View Post
            I don't think either will cheat but they will break up and Phyllis will go back to Jack. Jack would not go to bed with Phyllis while she is still withNick
            I don't see why he wouldn't considering that it happened behind his back. I would see it as karma.

Comment

Phick first started out with cheating and this last time around cheating was the reason they ended up together. Both times Nick only went to Phyllis when Sharon refused to forgive him. He didn't ask Sharon for a divorce and he tried for weeks to get Sharon to reconsider going ahead and getting married. Phyllis has said she doesnt trust Nick fully.

I think Phyllis satisfies Nick's physical needs, and shes a video buddy as well. I think he has loved her over the years but his true love is Sharon. The restaurant scene sealed that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sara_in_BC View Post
                Phick first started out with cheating and this last time around cheating was the reason they ended up together. Both times Nick only went to Phyllis when Sharon refused to forgive him. He didn't ask Sharon for a divorce and he tried for weeks to get Sharon to reconsider going ahead and getting married. Phyllis has said she doesnt trust Nick fully.

I think Phyllis satisfies Nick's physical needs, and shes a video buddy as well. I think he has loved her over the years but his true love is Sharon. The restaurant scene sealed that.
                Brilliantly said. I could not agree more with this post.

Comment

I say phyllis will cheat with Jack, whether it's kissing or sleeping together, just to keep him stringing along....

Comment

Originally posted by Sara_in_BC View Post

I am not a big Nick and Phyllis fan. My preference has always been Jack but Nick and Phyllis were both single when they got together last year. Nick could have pursued Sharon because she wasn’t married to Rey but he didn’t. So this time Sharon was part of the equation in Nick and Phyllis.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasGal View Post

I am not a big Nick and Phyllis fan. My preference has always been Jack but Nick and Phyllis were both single when they got together last year. Nick could have pursued Sharon because she wasn’t married to Rey but he didn’t. So this time Sharon was part of the equation in Nick and Phyllis.
                      Correct but she has just finished rejecting him. What is interesting to me is Nick kind of chased Chelsea but Phyllis was the one chasing him and kissing him.

Comment

• DallasGal
                        DallasGal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I can’t put Chelsea on the same level with Phyllis when it comes to Nick’s feelings. There was a mutual kiss at Victor’s party so I am not sure about Phyllis being the one to chase Nick. Nick gave Chelsea her freedom so it wasn’t like he fought to keep her. He hasn’t given her a second thought once she went back to Adam.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X