Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashland is Greatest Liar in a long Time

IMO, he is lying and it comes so natural to him. His story has holes as usual. Like someone said on another post, if he changed his name legally, Billy would have found that info. And Victoria didn’t ask what his real name is. First question you ask. He worked up and down the Jersey shore, fleeing from an abusive father. It takes a good liar to make himself look heroic. And he still didn’t say how he came up with the money to buy the tv stations. He better be lying. Otherwise the story falls flat. Billy I think has to ask what Ashland’s birth name is or he is a terrible journalist.
    Last edited by Loyalyr; September 14, 2021, 07:33 PM.

Originally posted by Loyalyr View Post
    IMO, he is lying and it comes so natural to him. His story has holes as usual. Like someone said on another post, if he changed his name legally, Billy would have found that info. And Victoria didn’t ask what his real name is. First question you ask. He worked up and down the Jersey shore, fleeing from an abusive father. It takes a good liar to make himself look heroic. And he still didn’t say how he came up with the money to buy the tv stations. He better be lying. Otherwise the story falls flat. Billy I think has to ask what Ashland’s birth name is or he is a terrible journalist.
    I agree, he also doesn't seem to fit a certain profile, his mother was blind to his suffering, you would think Ashland would at the very least dislike women. His father a drunk, yet Ashland likes his drinks, you might think he would be wary of booze. And the we have the text stalker, Ashlands reason for the story he is telling, I think he is lying also, with just a bit of truth. I fully expect Ashland to collapse as he is telling the story, look here, not there! Find Ashlands real name and all will fall into place.

Comment

So hope Victoria comes out of this okay.

Comment

Ashland knew Nikki and Victor would empathize because they were in a similar situation, I don't buy a word of it and also notice how he had an episode at the time of his reveal

Comment

• Kris50
          Kris50 commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven't watched today's show but I also truly believe Ashland is lying. What are the chances that Ashland's history and Victor's history, are practically one in the same? Seriously.

He just tried to copy Victor's history. I thought he might have something we all might believe or at least still try to believe. This is the first time I am pretty confident his background and illness are lies. I'll be very surprised if he turns out to be legit. Why would he go threaten Billy?

Comment

It’s also a little convenient that Ashland just mentioned Victors book within the last week

Comment

I’ve always believed Ashland was working susceptible Victoria for access to her dad’s company. So have no doubts he’s been lying about his illness and the rest. He’s had what? One chemo treatment that Vikki was discouraged from going to with him. Hmmm. Has he had more?

Ashland could have been put in witness protection and that could explain his lack of background but I’m thinking it’s more that that. Brad Carlton, as I recall, and his family went under WP and were given new identities. His SEAL background was also hidden. I forgot what his given name was. Wasn’t Dylan put in that program? And Tessa’s sister? All these a long time ago. So WP is a possibility, just don’t think it will go thought route.

If Ashland is in WP I can understand why he would be angry and want to prevent people especially Billy in the press wanting to expose his identity and background. Same could be said if his early start was from unsavory illegal activities.

If he actually was living on the street in NJ since 16 after fleeing an alcoholic abusive father, I’m leaning towards believing that he got messed up in the mob somehow. He could have gotten his money from those activities and then tried to go legit after buying the stations. Suspect he would have continued to use strong arm tactics to make business deals he wanted, giving him the Lockeness Monster title. You could tell even Tara was walking on egg shells sometimes. Vikki should talk to Tara about him. Anyway Ashland is a very interesting character and very watchable.

Comment

I'm not convinced he is lying about his past. There could be more to the story, but I hope it's Victor, NOT Billy-Boy who is the one who finds it. I can't take Billy anymore. I can't wait until an expose about him is released.

Comment

• kirkelash
                kirkelash commented
                Editing a comment
                Billy has always been written an obsessive loser. I suspect that when it comes to Ashland's past Billy will be a loser again. If someone is going to discover something shady about Ashland I believe it will be Victor.

• dedicatedsoaper
                dedicatedsoaper commented
                Editing a comment
                I hope so. I don't want to see Billy with his "told you so" attitude.

I would have to agree with the original poster of this thread, Ashland indeed is the greatest liar I've seen in a long time and he does it so naturally. He was so calm when he received another threatening text message when he told Victoria it was Nate agreeing to be his best man. To me, it looked like Victoria didn't even believe him. A mystery man indeed. I am intrigued! So looking forward to seeing how Ashland's story plays out.

Comment

I don't believe one word of his "story". As for the text messages I believe those are from the lawyer who is supposed to be coming next week.

Comment

• Camille78
                  Camille78 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't believe one word of his story, either. The man isn't even a good liar.

All this talk of Ashland being a liar like he is the only person on this show to lie. I can’t understand why everyone needs to know his past. Can he learn the past of all the people too cause if that happens then we will see Ashland, regardless of what he has done in the past, is no worse than any of the GC hypocrites.

Comment

• kirkelash
                  kirkelash commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Applause! Applause! Applause! I couldn't have said it better.

He's definitely lying, but will it lead to his exit or is it just to give him something to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Silentfan View Post
                  He's definitely lying, but will it lead to his exit or is it just to give him something to do.
                  Good question. I hope it doesn't lead to his exit because I like him. But it sure looks like an exit story to me.

Comment

• Camille78
                    Camille78 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think this is going to lead to Ashland's exit story.

Originally posted by Loyalyr View Post
                  I had to reluctantly change my name because of a female stalker. The judge ordered all the records sealed because of the years long stalking and because the stalker is dangerous. There is no record of my birth in the general archives of certificates, and the only people who can get a copy have to have special circumstances and know the full name I chose to change to. So, I do see how Ashland could hide his birth. Even with that, I believe Billy will ferret it out.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X