• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakotacat
    Board Regular
    • Jun 2021

Victor is wrong about Sally

Victor said that Sally is a social climber. Never in her history has she been a social climber. Any males that she was involved with that were Rich-- because that's the circles she goes in--she was involved with them because she loved them. Sally wants to better herself from her own efforts. She is a hard worker she is creative she is a designer and she is independent. She doesn't need some man to rescue her. She is not a social climber never has been. Victor is way off base.
  • MEK
    Senior Board Member
    • Nov 2007

Victor is wrong about many things. LOL!

Comment

• sunicorn
      Day Player
      • Feb 2004

Victor is totally wrong about Sally. He also should keep out of this grown kids personal lives.

Comment

• CloverLeaf
        CloverLeaf commented
        Editing a comment
        He's been doing it since they were born. He wont stop now. . . unfortunately.
    • gippsy
      Senior Board Member
      • Jun 2004

Even if she is a social climber, at least she's not a stripper or a falling down drunk. Most people are social climbers, even if it's just on a subconscious level. It's part of the American dream. At one time Victor and Ashland were also social climbers. The only people who aren't social climbers are the ones who've already made it. That 1%.

Comment

• Lightdeb
        Lightdeb commented
        Editing a comment
        ??????? drop!! Good answer

• CloverLeaf
        CloverLeaf commented
        Editing a comment
        Loved this! ??
    • Dakotacat
      Board Regular
      • Jun 2021

But that's not Sally's intentions. She wants to be a famous designer by her own efforts, not by latching on to some man (like Nikki) who will give her a successful life. Sally wants to be liked for who she is and what she accomplishes, not for whose arm she's draped over.

I think she likes Adam because she believes he understands her.

Comment

• thecourt99
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jun 2008

Ehhhhh. Yes, she wants to be able to run her own fashion house but she was happy to use the men that loved her (and she loved them) to get her into position. Now, it's not fair, but if a person without means uses contacts, they are called a social climber. If they have means and use their contacts, they are called smart and good at networking. So I don't agree with him, but he's not completely wrong here. To be honest, many of the men that she loved ended up using her and when she lost them, she often lost her dream as well. But that is another conversation.

Also, the original Sally Spectra had her own fashion house, but she did nothing but steal the designs of others. So I would fully agree if he were referencing the original Sally Spectra.

Comment

• WorldTurner
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jan 2006

I don't think he was totally wrong. All she is attracted to are wealthy men. Although I don't think she is as concerned about social status as I think she is about who can help her out. She is definitely motivated by that.

Comment

• taramartin
            taramartin commented
            Editing a comment
            In fairness they are almost all wealthy men and they are also attracted to her.
        • Dakotacat
          Board Regular
          • Jun 2021

That's basically anyone. No one gets through a career without help from others whether it be as a mentor, a stakeholder, or any myriad of ways to success. A social climber uses people to get ahead socially as their primary reason to have a connection with someone. That's not Sally's motivation.

Comment

• Sunshine_111
            Board Regular
            • Nov 2011

He's right, she is a social climber. She goes straight for the CEO, first Jack, then Lauren, now Adam. Completely unrealistic. How about having her hang out with some peers instead of the big shots. Cannot stand her and hope she gets kicked out of town soon. One should be so lucky.

Comment

• thecourt99
              thecourt99 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, I do want to make one point of clarification here. She started with Lauren because she knew of Lauren previously. Lauren knew her great aunt Sally. That connection already existed, and that was her entry into GC. From Lauren it went to Jack. I am not sure who would be considered a peer for her though.

• WorldTurner
              WorldTurner commented
              Editing a comment
              Even though she is her boss, I see Chloe more as a peer. But it seems Sally pretty much ignores Chloe and goes to Adam. When she worked for Lauren she had total disregard for Summer. She always seems to set her eyes on men in power.
          • PeaceOut
            Contract Poster
            • Dec 2011

Like several had already pointed out, i don't think he was wrong at all.
            Sally always chases after men with money, high influence and someone who can help her getting some sort of status or fancy job.
            Adam is no different from that list of men

Comment

• Day 1
              Board Regular
              • Jun 2007

Of course she is...lol.No discussion needed

Comment

• FFF12
                Board Regular
                • Jun 2010

Nope Sally is definitely not a social climber she's all about having a successful career. You'd think ol' Victor would know better since he's married to the queen of the social climbers!

Comment

• stillrestless
                  Board Regular
                  • Aug 2008

Almost all of the women on this show could be seen as social climbers considering that the majority are married to wealthy men or were born into a millionaire/billionaire family. At least Sally wants to work...and I don't necessarily see ambition as being a social climber. She just wants to be successful doing what she loves.

Comment

• Frank52
                    Board Regular
                    • Oct 2013

Everyone in GC is filthy rich. I don't think that she could find a plumber or construction worker to date. She is no worse than all the young people in town. Nepotism runs rampant. All the kids start out as executive officers. What ever happened to starting in the mail room?

Comment

• bronxgal
                      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                      • Jun 2005

Victor is absolutely right about Sally. If not necessarily with men she takes shortcuts with her career.

She can’t just be Lauren’s assistant she schemes to get Summers job without working for it.

She cannot take the time to develop her own line and build a following over time she wants to take a short cut and design Victoria’s dress even though Victoria wants nothing to do with her.

Social climbing isn’t just about who you date IMO.

Comment

• WorldTurner
                        WorldTurner commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don't think Summer is independently wealthy. Remember she blew through her trust fund when she was out of the country. Plus a lot of people work because they enjoy working and not for status. A lot of people are career driven and want to do something with their lives. Summer was okay with Sally until Theo warned her that Sally was trying to dig up dirt on her. She didn't like her but she wasn't doing anything against her either.

• Rubythroat1
                        Rubythroat1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes. By social climbing, Victor means IN THE BUSINESS WORLD. Sally has attached herself so far to two of the biggest business scions
                        in Genoa City. She told Adam about the "Billionaire's Club" growing up.

• taramartin
                        taramartin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sorry, Summer was rude to Sally the day they met. When she found out Jack and Lauren had heard of her she pretended to act decently but resented going to coffee with her and didn't want to exchange phone numbers.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X