• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Y&R25years
    Soap Addict
    • Jun 2014

Lily Best Person on the Show Right now

The way Lily is being written this year has made her the best overall person on this show as she is Honest, not vindictive, sweet, adorable not to mention sexy as hell and actually reigning Billy in which was always impossible for anyone else
  • bronxgal
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Jun 2005

She isn’t reining him in. If she did he wouldn’t be up Victoria’s butt all of the time. Lily doesn’t see half the stuff that Billy pulls like breaking into Adam’s room.

I like her but from a writing stand point she is gorgeous but dull. She doesn’t drive story at all, and a lot of viewers not just myself are wondering why she puts up with Billy. She is there to smile and be supporting but plays now active part in the media war all of the scenes with Adam and Victor go to Billy

She is finally getting a friend in Elena and more scenes with family. Though scenes with Moses are still criminally lacking.

Sorry, it is a long way of saying that Lily now exists to prop Billy and nothing else. IMO

And as a fan it is infuriating
    Last edited by bronxgal; September 3, 2021, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• AdamGotYourBack
      AdamGotYourBack commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm going to say Adam is because of his evolving journey to becoming a better person. His owning up to his misdeeds and his genuine determination to be better and to do better. I agree with bronxgal that Lilly is just a prop for the abominable Billy Boy Abbott. As for reigning him in, his Green Room stunt belies that. Glad that Nick was prepared to squash the bony one like a bug if he did not cease and desist. Lily deserves so much better than Billy.

• AdamGotYourBack
      AdamGotYourBack commented
      Editing a comment
      I meant "reining". Ooops!

• Shoelover
      Shoelover commented
      Editing a comment
      Initially, Lily was being written as mellowing out Billy and willing to disagree with him and reel him in when he was going overboard. But lately, and especially after her pretty much going along with Billy snooping around in Adam's stuff at the hotel, I have to agree with you that now, she's starting to put up with his shenanigans.
  • ShesAllThat
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Mar 2004

the best person - you have got to be kidding! they are writing her as a complete and utter fool for billy! my mom and i were just saying how she doesn't even try to reign him in anymore but goes along with any scheme and plot that he comes up with! she is useless now and does nothing but prop up billy and excuse his bad behavior when someone dares to call him out on it! she used to be a favorite but now i can't stand how pathetic she has become.
    Last edited by ShesAllThat; September 4, 2021, 06:17 AM.

Comment

• Sara_in_BC
      Sara_in_BC commented
      Editing a comment
      Shes also the most boring. Billy is diminishing her.
  • WorldTurner
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2006

Billy does something Lily doesn't like, she gets angry, he says something sexy, she giggles and they have sex. That is not reining him in.

He went to search the green room and only stopped because of Nick. Lily asked him if he was done and didn't tell him to stop when he said no.

I don't see how that makes her the best person on the show.

Comment

• Theresa_Fan
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jul 2007

I have never been a Lily fan but I truly think Billy/Lily need to end. Both of their characters are suffering together.

Comment

• CloverLeaf
        Soap Addict
        • Jul 2017

Lily might be the nicest person on the show but she's not the smartest. If she were, she'd dump that idiot she works with and also dates.

Comment

• Day 1
          Board Regular
          • Jun 2007

She's the best cure for insomnia

Comment

• BlueberryJam
            Senior Board Member
            • Dec 2016

They want us to have the impression that Lily can reign in Billy, but all I see her as is Billy's sidekick who is being dumbed down by the writers. She humors Billy's obsession with his ex wife & blindly believes him when he says his only concern is for his kids. His obsession with Victoria is blatantly disrespectful to his relationship with Lily & she is acting like Billy's clueless Lolita with no backbone who is placated by his sweet words & sex. It's a creepy dynamic.

Comment

• KAG2020
              Recurring Poster
              • Sep 2018

I can't stand Lily, the babysitter. Something about her irritates me. All she does is play mommy to dimwitted Billy and gets him to be a good boy by sexing him up. Boring. She's my least favorite character. And as much as she may have a nice figure, she dresses highly inappropriate for the office, as do most of the women on the show.

Comment

• CincyLady
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Y&R25years View Post
                The way Lily is being written this year has made her the best overall person on this show as she is Honest, not vindictive, sweet, adorable not to mention sexy as hell and actually reigning Billy in which was always impossible for anyone else
                And she's beautiful. But I agree with other posters who say she isn't reining Billy in. He does things she doesn't like - and some things she doesn't know about.

Comment

• zenmaster5
                  I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                  • May 2017

Originally posted by Theresa_Fan View Post
                  I have never been a Lily fan but I truly think Billy/Lily need to end. Both of their characters are suffering together.
                  Completely agree. Billy and Lily just isn't working for me. Lily spends way too much time co-signing with just about everything Billy does, good or bad which is so annoying for me.

Comment

• Nancy T
                    Nancy T commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It looks like she didn't learn anything from her failed marriage to Cane.
                • Brienne
                  Board Regular
                  • Aug 2011

There are far more annoying pairings on this show than Lily and Billy. I find them entertaining even if I have to roll my eyes on occasion. And I also find them cute and sexy. I think Billy is attractive to Lily because he throws caution to the wind and jumps before he thinks while she is deliberate, thoughtful and cautious. i don’t know about ‘best person on the show right now’ but right up there anyway.

Comment

• proudsoapfan
                    Senior Board Member
                    • Mar 2018

She's beautiful, but that's it. She killed her sister in law and niece or nephew and still came out all judgey wudgey bear I'm a better person than everyone especially Cane, I'm going g to work with inmates. Now she's all about defending anything and everything Chancecom comes out with under the guise of being the media . and she's still bores me to death

Comment

• bandwagon
                      bandwagon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Bravo and Cosign... She hasn't changed and I can't stand her. I don't know why Devon and Amanda gives her the time of day after what she took from them.
                  • GwenSharonteam
                    Senior Board Member
                    • Oct 2015

I am happy most of the time of her scene. And she is definitely one of the rare nice moment I have when watching YR, ..I like the discussion she had with Elena and they go further as topic, ..but I am laughing about people complaining about it … Lily is definitely is more than Billy’s sidekick ..when you had genuine scene where she is on her own, she is criticised because she needed to be see as a criminal and can be involved on project for community,… because of an accident who she was part of .. not a crime what she definitely paid more then enough time in jail … and when she’s with Billy ..she’s just this poor girl who can't think by herself …lol, I agree with the OP .. love the characters and what I see on screen now, .. not worse or better than some, .. but definitely she hit some nerves for the audience that for sure ?…

Comment

• Borrie
                      Board Regular
                      • Nov 2014

Billy needs a storyline of his own, without the Newman's being involved. Maybe Billy can solve the mystery of who stole that money from Newman Enterprises under the rule of Victoria.Unless it was Billy all along.Sally and Billy would work better, then him with Lily Billy cheating with Sally, after Adam turns her down flat for good.​​​​​

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X