• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LOL@SHARON
    Board Regular
    • Sep 2012

I knew Mariah and Devon was never gonna let go of this baby

I thought they did counseling and signed papers that says this baby belong to Abby and Chance. Now I see a lawsuit brewing. SMH
  • Evianfan
    Executive Poster
    • Oct 2004

I don't want to see this storyline go in this direction. That baby is Abby and Chance's. Devon and Mariah getting attached doesn't change a thing. They knew what this was. I'm sorry they'll be hurt, but it's not like they won't ever see the baby, but they will have zero rights to it, and that's just the way it is. Devon deciding to make a baby he couldn't raise after losing his own child was a stupid storyline idea.

Comment

• littleliz
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Nov 2016

It didn't take me long to say Mariah is now annoying. Didn't she know what she was getting into?
      I can tell she got attached to Bowie and when Abby changed his name she was miffed. Even
      Devon is having his heart pulled toward the baby. These two were not the ones to be surrogates.
      Too close to everyone. Should have been strangers or some other people.

Comment

• LOL@SHARON
        Board Regular
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Evianfan View Post
        I don't want to see this storyline go in this direction. That baby is Abby and Chance's. Devon and Mariah getting attached doesn't change a thing. They knew what this was. I'm sorry they'll be hurt, but it's not like they won't ever see the baby, but they will have zero rights to it, and that's just the way it is. Devon deciding to make a baby he couldn't raise after losing his own child was a stupid storyline idea.
        I totally agree, you can see how sad he was talking to Amanda. They better hurry up and do a whose the daddy SL with Elena. Nate and Devon. That will take his mind of Abby's baby. Wishful thinking.
        Last edited by LOL@SHARON; August 31, 2021, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• prissaO
          Board Regular
          • Aug 2018

Originally posted by littleliz View Post
          It didn't take me long to say Mariah is now annoying. Didn't she know what she was getting into?
          I can tell she got attached to Bowie and when Abby changed his name she was miffed. Even
          Devon is having his heart pulled toward the baby. These two were not the ones to be surrogates.
          Too close to everyone. Should have been strangers or some other people.
          THIS!! I don’t like how this was set up from the get go. Very contrived. Had people acting out of character just to progress this ridiculous storyline. And yes, it’s hard to feel for them when anyone with a brain should have known this was a bad idea.

Comment

• MsMalin
            MsMalin commented
            Editing a comment
            But Abby tried so long to have a baby....NOT! She couldn't wait until her husband returned. Using 2 people that you know is not a good idea!

• CloverLeaf
            CloverLeaf commented
            Editing a comment
            Exactly! Contrived, contrived, contrived! And, not only couldnt "long suffering" Abby wait to create this baby, why didnt they use what sperm Chance could provide. They didnt say he was sterile. They said he had a problem, but that wouldnt preclude them from fertilizing the egg outside the womb and then implanting it. I guess, though, they'd have to have a "Chance" character on screen wouldnt they? Gosh and golly geez. Has anyone at that studio heard of a recast? Ludicrous.
        • Natural blonde
          Day Player
          • Dec 2016

I am not an Abby fan but this s/l is infuriating. Yesterday, Mariah was sleeping and Abby said that Mariah was going to pump milk for the baby. That is pure selfishness and will only draw Mariah closer to him. The name given for the baby, so very strange that Abby would tell Mariah that the third letter in his name is her way of paying tribute to her. The third letter!! Could Abby be anymore self centered and callous towards a woman that gave her so much. My heart breaks for Mariah. I love CG. She really makes you feel her pain.

Comment

• Mermaid777
            Mermaid777 commented
            Editing a comment
            Breast milk is healthiest for the baby and Mariah would want that for him. It was probably in the contract.

• WorldTurner
            WorldTurner commented
            Editing a comment
            Mariah would also need to deal with the breastmilk her body is producing. Just because she is not breastfeeding, that doesn't stop right away.

• CloverLeaf
            CloverLeaf commented
            Editing a comment
            Mariah should not be providing breast milk for the baby. Mariah needs to get her clothes on and go home (and not to the Chancellor Mansion). She needs to cut ties to this baby. Hard to do? For most people excruciating but she should have known this beforehand. Maybe she and Tessa should leave GC for a few weeks. I'm sure it would do Mariah a world of good.
        • DebJN
          Board Regular
          • Oct 2019

We all knew what the outcome would be. I’m disappointed the storyline is going this way but once again predictable. A storyline that was wrong right from the beginning. Even so they drag it out even more.

Comment

• Mermaid777
            Senior Board Member
            • Dec 2014

The baby was just born a day ago and under super emotional circumstances. I say give them time to adjust!

Comment

• BlueberryJam
              Senior Board Member
              • Dec 2016

I just know Devon is gonna give Chance an attitude about him being absent (if he ever comes back) and this will create some sort of rivalry between the two. I could see Devon being an entitled little jerk & shoving the fact that he's the baby's biological father in Chance's face when things get heated.

Comment

• soapfan21
                Board Regular
                • Nov 2005

TO BE FAIR, had Mariah not been kidnapped and had nothing other than the baby to focus on for weeks, she would probably be fine.

Devon on the other hand, shouldn’t have ever been the father of this baby. Having him involved is just asking for trouble.

Comment

• gippsy
                  Senior Board Member
                  • Jun 2004

Should've called it Marvon or Demar. Dominic has too many syllables. It sounds like an obnoxious arrogant man from a cheesy action movie.

Comment

• Good Kitty
                    Contract Poster
                    • Jun 2015

It’s bad enough that the baby is brought to Mariah’s room expecting her to breastfeed him knowing that will be a bonding experience with a baby that’s not hers but why is Devon still hanging around the hospital? Devon is going to become a third wheel in that marriage. Chance is just going to have to acknowledge that Devon is little Dom’s father and hope his constant hovering doesn’t break up his and Abby’s marriage. This story could only have been put together by a bunch of male writers.

Comment

• clamcat
                      Executive Poster
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Good Kitty View Post
                      . Devon is going to become a third wheel in that marriage. Chance is just going to have to acknowledge that Devon is little Dom’s father and hope his constant hovering doesn’t break up his and Abby’s marriage. This story could only have been put together by a bunch of male writers.
                      Chance is the third wheel in his own marriage. He’s missed the creation and birth of his child. No one knows where he is and when he’ll be back. Devon isn’t elbowing Chance out; Chance is literally MIA.

Apparently, it never occurred to Abby or Chance that they should WAIT to have a baby until Chance was at least out of hiding. But no, Abby had unsuccessfully tried to get pregnant for two menstrual cycles so moving forward with a surrogate and sperm donor couldn’t possibly be delayed another moment.

Comment

• YDoIStillWatch
                        YDoIStillWatch commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Good point about waiting. If they themselves cannot make a baby, why not wait until Chance's assignment is done and they are together again?
                    • tylergirl
                      Senior Board Member
                      • Nov 2012

The whole story is silly and convoluted. There will nothing but whining and anger and resentment. What a great world for the baby.....a bunch of idiot adults.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X