There’s always re-writes on soaps, who wish they would re-write Adam/Delia accident?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fanlady
    Executive Poster
    • Dec 2010

There’s always re-writes on soaps, who wish they would re-write Adam/Delia accident?

I am one that have been waiting for years for them to correctly follow the true scenes of the Delia accident, there was no way Adam hit Delia, his car wasn’t even damaged to that extent of hitting a person and he didn’t feel any impact, plus the clock in his car showed Adam stopped near the scene way after Delia was taken to the hospital, it was windy and that could explain how her scarf got in his tire wheel. I believe when they wrote Adam destroying the scarf was a way for it not to be proved Adam didn’t hit Delia because if that scarf got tested it would have showed no blood on it but if Adam indeed hit her it would have had blood all over the scarf as well as blood under his car, but I digress...

I know responses will be “let it go” but I don’t want to let it go, if people can constantly be brought back from the dead, and history that we’ve seen on screen can be re-written (Nikki, Paul, Dylan) just for a story plot, surely true on screen scenes could be written without a lot of re-writes for a possible real truth outcome to be written.

Also, I don’t think MAB intentions were to keep Adam as the person at fault because of the way the scenes were written, but I believe after they had to fire MM, they went the route of leaving Adam as the killer, and I think because of the circumstances surrounding MM, I think tptb was so upset they wanted to decimate the character, then a year or so later other regimes kept bringing him back. I remember Mal Young saying he was never going to bring Adam back.
  • Jerze
    Executive Poster
    • Jun 2006

I don't want to let it go either.

I don't think that they need to re-write the Deliah accident. I think that they need to reveal the Deliah accident. Several people were seen driving on the road that night including Nikki, Adam and a female character who's role and name I do not remember. I believe they were all shown on the road to cast doubt as to actually hit the little girl. I believe that it was that other character and neither Nikki nor Adam. I know that one the the TPTB said it was Adam but I don't buy that.

Fanlady, I totally and completely agree with your last paragraph.

The writers seem to be interested in redeeming Adam (not that I think he needs redeeming) but that being said why not reveal that it was that "woman" and not Adam who caused the accident. It could serve a couple of purposes it would make Adam fans happy - I would be shouting "I knew all of the time that he didn't do it" and still leave a laundry list of bad deeds for the Adam haters it would just be one less thing to hate him for - a small sacrifice.

It could be done pretty easily, the woman on her death bed writes a letter confessing that it was she and not Adam who caused the hit and run. Sends the letter to Deliah's father at ChanceComm. It could be an interesting SL for Billy as he has spent years and years hating Adam without much introspect in my opinion about his own part in the tragedy. Does he come clean, keep up the hatefest, tell Chloe, print the story, if he hides the truth would it affect his relationship with Lili? What will Chloe do with all of that Adam hate? They could do a little or a lot with it. There are of course lots and lots of people who wouldn't want this revisited but there are also those of us who would.
    Last edited by Jerze; August 22, 2021, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• bronxgal
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Jun 2005

It has been eight years. I am firmly in the “let it go camp”

Jill Faren Phelps did an interview not that long ago on the Locher Room. It was ALWAYS supposed to be Adam to fuel the next generation of the Newman vs Abbott feud.

it is that simple. No big conspiracy about MM.

Also, Chloe had moved on to the point that she can finally move on to the point of working with Adam.

Do you seriously want to rehash this again to see Billy and Chloe lose it all over again to want to get revenge on someone else? I also think fans are over all things Delia.

Sorry, but to me, saving the Adam character from his responsibility is not that important.

So just a big NO.

Fanlady a point of correction, Josh Griffith’s wrote the Delia story not MAB.
      Last edited by bronxgal; August 22, 2021, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• bronxgal
        bronxgal commented
        Editing a comment
        WorldTurner thank you they have said it repeatedly. It is like when I was on the GH boards and some would look for any opportunity for Jason to return to Jason Q. Like is had been 20 plus years. It isn’t happening.

• WorldTurner
        WorldTurner commented
        Editing a comment
        Also Adam only confessed because if he hadn't, Victor was going to turn him in. Adam was leaving the country that night with Connor and Chelsea. Victor didn't want him taking Connor away so said if Adam didn't turn himself in and tried to leave, Victor would go to the police and tell them. No bonus points for him turning himself in. Plus not being the driver changes nothing. What he got in legal trouble for and what angered most people was his actions afterward and than doesn't change if they make somebody else the driver.

• janetn
        janetn commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a big NO for me too. After eight years it's time to let it go. Even if they did say someone else hit Delia, Adam isn't absolved for destroying evidence to protect himself and going on a message board trying to convince Billy that the driver was a victim and their guilt should be punishment enough. He also confessed to Victor and was then blackmailed by him. TPTB have said it was always meant to be Adam, and the people of GC have accepted it and moved on. Nothing they do now will erase that and all the other horrible things Adam has done, a rewrite won't change what we know happened.
    • taramartin
      Soap Addict
      • Oct 2013

I never thought Adam was responsible for running over Delia and I don't really think the sl needs a rewrite just clarification. Adam is responsible for hiding evidence. Billy Miller is responsible for leaving his child unprotected. Someone else actually hit Delia.

Comment

• bronxgal
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Jun 2005

If that “clarification” means that it solidified that Adam is 100% without a shadow of a doubt the driver then I am all for it.

I really don’t see the big deal about leaving the story as it is, especially when mostly everyone has moved forward

Comment

• chandon1
          Contract Poster
          • Aug 2019

There were ONLY 2 different people driving in the same kind of black vehicles show & that was Adam/Nikki!

Both were Land Rovers & one was smaller than the other.

Kelly(Stitch's sister) was found by a PI 2 also have a similar black SUV but NOT a Land Cruiser & was out driving that night!

But, that was just a red herring & so was Sharon who bam! all of a SUDDEN had a brand new black SUV(a Mercedes) but the night of the hit/run Sharon spent the night with Nick talking 2 him.

She fell asleep with her head on his leg so she was a red herring, also!

Since, Kelly is dead & was excluded...

The way the shoot was set up it sure didn't seem like Adam actually hit Dee Dee because he stopped 4 the doggie when doggie ran out into the street & Dee Dee was chasing doggie.

But, Adam did destroy evidence, though!

I'm NOT a Adam fan, either.

But, it was an ACCIDENT & not deliberate but Adam did destroy evidence & THAT was the crime ....had he gone directly 2 the police when he found the evidence & tole them what happened they would NOT have charged him just like when someone hits a pedestrian or a bike rider & they call 911 immediately they are NOT charged.

Billy was negligent in leaving his daughter in the car, though!

Comment

• WorldTurner
            WorldTurner commented
            Editing a comment
            They showed Delia crouched by the side of the road. She wasn't running. As Adam swerved to avoid the dog, he accidentally hit Delia by the side of the road.

Agree the problem was what he did afterward to dispose of evidence.

• WorldTurner
            WorldTurner commented
            Editing a comment
            There was a woman named Kelly on the list of drivers but it was not Stitch's sister. We didn't see the Kelly that was Stitch's sister until after Delia had died and she appeared at a grief counseling that Victoria and Billy went to. The two Kelly's had different last names.
        • DallasGal
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jun 2008

It has been too long to reveal another driver. If Adam gets a rewrite then let’s rewrite all the bad things other characters have done and are still blamed for. Rewrites change the character and dynamics between characters as storylines continue.

Plus, the writing has smoothed over most of Delia’s death with making it an accident and giving Billy a black mark since he left her in the car. Chloe and Billy are the only ones who continue to hate on him. Victor and Jack just started acting civil in 35 years.

As for Nick and Victoria’s feelings for Adam; well he gives as good as he gets. If they should let it go then so should Adam let go of blaming them for not welcoming him into the family.
          Last edited by DallasGal; August 22, 2021, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
            Emerald Greens commented
            Editing a comment
            Kevin hates him too for the same reason. Chloe, Billy and Kevin love her the most I won’t criticize them for it .
            Characters have moved on more or less .
        • soapfiction
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Mar 2012

IMO the problem is they wrote that story so ambiguously and I personally believe the writers didn't initially have Adam being the driver. But in the end decided there was more story if Adam did do it, plus you add in the awesome work by than Adam (MM) and than Billy (BM), how could they not make it Adam. But too much has happened to change it now IMO. What I wish they would do whenever they recount the Delia story is to put some accountability on Billy. They continually give him a pass for his behavior as a parent for that night. Adam has take his hits and bruises for his decision to lie and I've had enough of only Adam getting consequences for a terrible accident. Now we have Chloe working with Adam, so I hope they will not continually mention about Delia because if they do, they better mention about Chloe's attempted murder of Adam (twice) as well as Billy's attempted murder (which he received no consequences for).

Comment

• Theresa_Fan
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Jul 2007

The best SL would be for Delia to be alive. Killing off a young Abbott female after Colleen was a mistake.

Comment

• WorldTurner
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jan 2006

After all the story over Delia's death, I would hate if they suddenly said she was alive. I don't like back from the dead stories and would hate that. Thankfully I believe it will not happen. Plus Connor has her corneas.

Comment

• DallasGal
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jun 2008

I think the stories associated with crimes by long term characters are written to give the character an out so there aren’t legal issues (other than investigations or short jail stays) but rather how the actions affect other characters.

Dallas and the dream (I really liked Bobby so I was happy) but it does seem to be the start of rewrites becoming mainstream. The death of a character on other shows usually has no impact on my viewing because even if a body is shown there is some stupid reason why what I watched wasn’t real.
                I have no desire to see that creeping into the YR history.

I agree that the killing of Colleen and Delia was wrong but it happened.

Comment

• GHKissOff
                  Soap Addict
                  • May 2007

The only thing I'd like to see revisited in this SL, is for others to come to terms with what happened to Delia once and for all. Adam didn't intentionally kill Delia, it was a tragic accident that could have happened to anyone who happened to be on that street at that time. To this day I want Billy to own the fact that he left Delia alone in that car and that led to her running out to chase her dog. But to this day he hasn't done it, no its all Adams fault, when he shared some blame and could have been a good SL for parents to understand you don't leave a young child unattended in a car even if you plan to be back in no time because things can happen. Same with Chloe she needs to come to terms with the fact that her daughter's death was a tragic unfortunate accident and quite treating Adam like he's some unforgiveable child murderer. Adam has done some awful things in his day but what happened to Delia can't be classified as such, because again an unfortunate accident, which was quite tragic but an accident none the less.

Comment

• catsaurora
                    catsaurora commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree 100%
                • TunerEyes
                  Soap Addict
                  • Dec 2014

For viewers who weren’t watching back then, I definitely remember that Adam once he found the scarf in the wheel well and it sank in he was somehow involved in Delia’s death, was very torn up about it. Had nightmares and was totally remorseful but still dealing with it internally. Like anyone else in his situation, he really didn’t want to believe it was his vehicle that hit her. Making matters worse she was the daughter of Chelsea’s BF. We all knew it was an accident and no way intentional.

After coming to terms with accepting his vehicle hit her, he saw the newspaper run Billy’s angry column about who could be so vile to run over a beautiful young girl and not help her and run from the scene. We saw that was not what Adam did. Billy’s article bothered him and he saw from it that Billy felt this was an intentional hit and run. Adam then took to write an anonymous comment to Billy's article saying maybe the person who struck her wasn’t aware they had done so, which was Adam’s case. Can’t recall whether he also wrote maybe they even stopped and looked to see if they had hit something but didn’t see anything. He didn’t want Billy to believe someone intentionally murdered his little girl. At this point Adam was a father and felt the pain a parent would feel losing his child. That night he was worried about Connor losing his vision so feeling the terror a parent can have. Billy still dealing with his own “brief” demons about having left Delia alone in the car (parental negligence resulting in her death), was further incensed by comments left in the press by this anonymous person.

I think Adam was considering going to the police early on but Billy wouldn’t accept this was an accident (or one that he had responsibility for as well) and wanted someone's blood. His letters to the editor also had everyone in town wanting to lynch the driver and coward that Adam was at that point, was then afraid to go to the police and be accused of intentional hit and run, convicted and sent away and Connor who was ill would lose him.

I saw this storyline as another way to vilify Adam and further turn people against him. Having Connor get the donation of Delia's corneas just added to the outrage.

My problem with this SL was that from everything we saw this was an accident, unfortunate, pure and simple though. An accident that we saw Adam did everything right in how he initially reacted. One that Adam had trouble initially accepting his involvement in and one that Billy, Chloe, and Kevin especially never could comes to terms with and find forgiveness for. I get Adam didn’t come forward when he found the scarf and that caused pain for Billy and Chloe, so I do get that and Adam should have done so, but the important thing to recognize is that Billy, Chloe and Kevin still think of Adam as a Murderer. That bothers me the most about this because he didn’t murder Delia. He certainly has paid over the years for it too. All I know is that Adam has since put himself in harm’s way to save others on many occasions.

Comment

• WorldTurner
                    WorldTurner commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Billy thought it was a hit and run because that is what the police called it. They saw the tire marks from the car stopping suddenly at the scene and then obviously leaving. They had no way of knowing he had stopped because he thought he hit a dog.

It was a website offering support to parents who had lost a child to a violent crime that Billy was posting on and Adam was catfishing him. Maybe Adam did it as a way to handle his own guilt but it made Billy feel wore.

Billy did speak up for Adam when Adam was on trial and said it was an accident and was not in favor of a jail sentence for Adam. He was dealing with it when Burgess Jenkins played Billy but later writers changed it back.
                • Betsey
                  Executive Poster
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by GHKissOff View Post
                  The only thing I'd like to see revisited in this SL, is for others to come to terms with what happened to Delia once and for all. Adam didn't intentionally kill Delia, it was a tragic accident that could have happened to anyone who happened to be on that street at that time. To this day I want Billy to own the fact that he left Delia alone in that car and that led to her running out to chase her dog. But to this day he hasn't done it, no its all Adams fault, when he shared some blame and could have been a good SL for parents to understand you don't leave a young child unattended in a car even if you plan to be back in no time because things can happen. Same with Chloe she needs to come to terms with the fact that her daughter's death was a tragic unfortunate accident and quite treating Adam like he's some unforgiveable child murderer. Adam has done some awful things in his day but what happened to Delia can't be classified as such, because again an unfortunate accident, which was quite tragic but an accident none the less.
                  GH - its like you took the words right out of my mouth! I totally agree!
                  I want all the residents of GC to stop going around like Adam killed Delia and most of all to stop using the phrase "ran over Delia" like seriously, do you actually think he "ran over" Delia?? When they all say that, all I can picture is Delia lying in the middle of the road and Adam is driving along and "drives over her body, like tires right over her little body. Thats an extremely disturbing sight and its rarely what happens when people get hit by a car. They are usually hit by the bumper and thrown to the side of the road, which is what probably happened with Delia.
                  It just grates on my nerves whenever Billy or Chloe or anyone says that because it makes it seem so callous and not the accident that to was and that's what it was - an accident!

What WASN'T an accident was Billy the negligent father leaving a young child in the car alone at night. I really really want him held accountable by everyone in town and most importantly by himself! I want him to own up to the fact that he is mostly to blame for his daughter's death!

Adam has committed plenty of other heinous acts that everyone can tar and feather him for, that's totally fine but he did not do anything wrong that night.

Comment

• Terileeh
                    Terileeh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This right here. I've always thought it was Nikki who hit Delia while drunk driving.
                • kentucky
                  Senior Board Member
                  • Mar 2004

It was a sad and unfortunate accident that involved Adam. That's the way it was written, what played out so I don't need a rewrite. Plus, MM gave an outstanding performance and totally sold his horror and guilt. And EH, BM and MCE were all great. The story was well written and acted, thus very memorable. A rewrite would make all those wonderful performances and overall story a wasted moment in soap history.

It is time to move on. Billy has never been written to take greater responsibility for his part. That is something that can still be addressed if Delia's death has to continually be brought up. Maybe Billy's responsibility can put a nail in the story for good.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X