• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little Lulu
    Board Regular
    • Jul 2014

Chance's job and leaving G.C.

I have serious issues with a newly wed man leaving just after getting married. (I know it is plot to get Donnie B. out) Would the intelligence really have him commit to such a long time as months away?
  • CloverLeaf
    Soap Addict
    • Jul 2017

That's exactly what makes absolutely no sense. They start a s/l with him right in the middle of it, then dump the actor but continue the s/l by continuing to reference him FOR OVER 6 MONTHS!! Who does that? It makes absolutely no sense and IMO has really hurt the show. It has turned a pathetic s/l into a totally unwatchable one.

Comment

• Little Lulu
      Little Lulu commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, agreed. I hope that they re-cast him soon. I don't think Chance's boss (if in real life) would keep him away for sooo long especially when he is going to be a new Dad soon. You would think that they would send single men on long undercover missions like this.
  • Mr.Sami_Brady
    Soap Addict
    • Sep 2006

This is one of the many reasons why this surrogacy storyline is so... atrocious and ridiculous.

Comment

• DebJN
      Board Regular
      • Oct 2019

I don’t get why they haven’t recasted Chance, it makes no sense for the storyline at all. Unless they come up with a reason as to why, like Chance is in trouble somewhere and can’t get back. It’s ridiculous to keep talking about him and waiting for him. Just hire someone or kill Chance off already.

Comment

• shmotis
        Soap Addict
        • Sep 2006

I don't know why they didn't recast either. They started a s/l that went off track and stopped making sense

Comment

• littleliz
          I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
          • Nov 2016

This show hardly ever recasts. I thought Abby's real husband did a great job as Chance. The whole storyline with surrogate baby was way out from the start. Ashley should be recast cause she would
          want to be with Abby and now she is nowhere to be seen. Even Tracy is never with Abby at a time
          she needs someone.

Comment

• CloverLeaf
            CloverLeaf commented
            Editing a comment
            This is a very good point. What is going on behind the scenes at this studio? Are things so bad that Ashley and Traci cant even make an appearance to support Abby, not to mention her own husband, but yet they can pay Nina to be visiting for 6 months.

• aussiegal87
            aussiegal87 commented
            Editing a comment
            Unfortunately I think the point is to isolate her so she relies on Devon. So if Chance returns Devon, Abby, and the baby are all bonded.
            Which doesn't bother me. The idea that Chance and Abby were going to raise a child of another front burner male character on canvas, as their own, is absurd. As soon as Devon offered up his swimmers I knew it wasn't really going to be Abby & Chance's child.
        • aussiegal87
          Board Regular
          • Jan 2011

I totally understood Chance having to leave for a period of time due to actor issues. I don't think that would have been a problem if they would have kept with the same story, and just re-casted right away.

The problem became when they changed the story completely to Devon being the bio-father. In a matter of weeks Chance suddenly couldn't produce children, had to leave town immediately, then Devon races over to donate sperm, and Mariah is already carrying this child. It was just too much, too fast, and all of it extremely unrealistic. Nothing rings believable in this story and it just continues getting worse.

Comment

• Sara_in_BC
            Soap Addict
            • Dec 2009

I'd only like this story if it leads to baby not being Devons, I cant stand the idea of a family friend being baby daddy.

Comment

• Betsey
              Executive Poster
              • Aug 2012

This sl has been so botched that they can just kill off all the characters involved except Mariah, Tessa and Devon.

I want Mariah to be freed and her captor to go to jail even if it is Chance or someone trying to "protect" her or have the bad guys find Chance as he is trying to free Mariah and the bad guys and Chance all end up under gunfire and die as Mariah walks away........and she and Tessa raise the baby with Devon playing a part.

Abby can cry herself to death at this point.

Comment

• aussiegal87
                aussiegal87 commented
                Editing a comment
                I understand viewers feeling this way. The way it's written makes both Abby & Chance horrible people.

I love Chance, I love that we know his history, and his hero/action type persona is fun and different. But this story has made him into an uncaring, inattentive husband. And if he returns he will be hated for simply living in his own home with another popular front burner character's child. And Abby, though always coming off as a bit spoiled, will even look more so. Even if her requests are reasonable and she is the bio-mom of this baby, she'll be looked on as even more of a spoiled brat....for as long as this kid exists.

I would really love to know why the writers have written themselves in circles just to make Abby & Devon produce a child. What is the point? What do they want to happen so badly?

• Tiffany37
                Tiffany37 commented
                Editing a comment
                aussiegal. They should just hook up Devon and Abby and make them a long term couple. At this point anyway.
            • DallasGal
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jun 2008

The story went off the rails when the show got rid of DD. He was fantastic as Chance; very believable as a vet and a cop. He had a strength about him in the way he carried himself.

The story was ridiculous when Nina showed up and she sat on the couch looking for sperm donors with Abby like their were reading bios on a dating site. It got more absurd when Devon and Mariah were added. I see no value added by having Devon instead of an anonymous donor be in the mix.

The show should have found a temporary actor to play Chance until a permanent replacement was found.

Comment

• Angeldar
                Soap Addict
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by CloverLeaf View Post
                That's exactly what makes absolutely no sense. They start a s/l with him right in the middle of it, then dump the actor but continue the s/l by continuing to reference him FOR OVER 6 MONTHS!! Who does that? It makes absolutely no sense and IMO has really hurt the show. It has turned a pathetic s/l into a totally unwatchable one.
                also, he is gone more than 6 months because they have Mariah due to have the baby. When he left, she wasn't even pregnant yet so, according to their time, he has been gone 10-11 months.

Comment

• Angeldar
                  Soap Addict
                  • Aug 2011

I haven't read anything about any recast and I don't know if they can even keep a recast a secret so, if that's the case, I don't see a Chance return any time soon. How are they possibly going to wrap this thing up? All I can see is that Chance is killed, but if that happens, I will be so disappointed. He is the last of the Chancellors. I still say Ben is Chance is disguise. Perhaps it will look like he is killed but he won't be and it will enable him to return somewhere down the road.

Comment

• DallasGal
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Jun 2008

I am going to be really irritated if they kill off another legacy character. There are thousands of actors so there has to be someone to fit the part; after all they found DD.

Comment

• WorldTurner
                      WorldTurner commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I still think he will be recast. I see no point in waiting this long if they aren't going to recast.

• Little Lulu
                      Little Lulu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I am not sure who you mean by the intials DD but there has not been an actor with the initials DD play Chance. These are the last 2 that played the character. https://www.google.ca/search?sxsrf=A...w=1280&bih=646

• DallasGal
                      DallasGal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sorry typo; should be DB.
                  • WorldTurner
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Jan 2006

I'm fine with the way Chance was written out especially with doing it on short notice. But I think they should have dropped the baby story or worst case used an anonymous donor. Or they never had to make Chance unable to be the donor. If they really wanted to continue the baby story I think it would have been better if it were actually Chance and Abby's baby. Devon still could have been supportive of Abby as her friend and business partner without being the bio father.

Comment

• RegalEagle
                      Executive Poster
                      • May 2006

Why did they dump Donny B.?

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X