• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • proudsoapfan
    Senior Board Member
    • Mar 2018

Lauren stating she had to fire Sally

No, Lauren you didn't. You're right she was good at her job. You stated when she had the job she was excellent at it and getting better every day. Yes, Sally got Summer a job offer for her dream job (bad Sally. You did what Phyllis tried to do for you and Laurwn didn't think agree but didn't think it was a big deal). But Summer accepted. I truly hope Lauren has a very difficult time replacing Sally and regrets it when she sees Sally succeed big time with her position
  • bluejazz
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Aug 2008

Lauren has already been burned by dishonest employees. Yes, she did the right thing firing an employee who lied to her face and schemed behind her back. You don't reward untrustworthy employees with continued employment.

Comment

• taramartin
      taramartin commented
      Editing a comment
      She was okay with Summer who created a business trip so she could dig up dirt on Sally. Business was a pure afterthought. Summer lied to Lauren about getting along with Sally - too bad Lauren didn't see the slap but she still knew Summer lied.

• KendallSam
      KendallSam commented
      Editing a comment
      Lauren trusted Daisy Carter… I’m sure she is done with employees caught in lies. I think Lauren even liked Ryder…I can’t remember how he warmed his way into her life

• CouchCruisin'
      CouchCruisin' commented
      Editing a comment
      I am not going to get into the Spencer Publications/JCV collaboration, but Summer and Sally were both dishonest about being friends,
      and all that was well before the events that got Sally fired.
  • bronxgal
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Jun 2005

Sally was dishonest that is grounds for termination. If she cannot be trusted she cannot work with her.

Lauren did the right thing.

Comment

• PennyB
      PennyB commented
      Editing a comment
      Sally was a benefit to the company. She did nothing to compromise that. Let another company profit from her skills now!
  • JJ1
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by bluejazz View Post
    Lauren has already been burned by dishonest employees. Yes, she did the right thing firing an employee who lied to her face and schemed behind her back. You don't reward untrustworthy employees with continued employment.
    What did Sally lie to Lauren about?

Comment

• bronxgal
      bronxgal commented
      Editing a comment
      When she found out about Summer and Sally going back and forth and she told them both to stop. Sally reached out to Ashland after that and then not only
      reached out to Tara once but twice to help
      her get rid of Summer.

Sally gave Lauren her word.
      Last edited by bronxgal; August 19, 2021, 02:31 PM.

• KendallSam
      KendallSam commented
      Editing a comment
      Sally used fraudulent means to attain that top job.

That’s the lie to Lauren.
  • bronxgal
    • Jun 2005

Yes Summer ended up with a good job doesn’t excuse Sally’s methods.

And speaks to Summer’s character that even after everything Sally pulled she recommended Sally for her job, without an ulterior motive.

Sally would never be that magnanimous.
    Last edited by bronxgal; August 21, 2021, 05:40 AM.

Comment

• KendallSam
      KendallSam commented
      Editing a comment
      The Summer has a great job excuse.

Makes it seem Phyllis really was trying to improve Sally’s life by having Lauren find Sally a dream in California or anywhere NOT GC ???

Why were so many people complaining about Phyllis trying to arrange that promotion ?hmmm I wonder…. It would have been a better opportunity

• CouchCruisin'
      CouchCruisin' commented
      Editing a comment
      It was a better opportunity. Lauren said it was and she told Sally that even though Phyllis wanted her gone, the promotion would offer more money and responsibility, but Lauren wanted Sally with her at that time.
  • LoveVillians
    Senior Board Member
    • Mar 2009

In real life, Laureen didn't have grounds to fire Sally. It all happened on Sally's personal time. It is a stupid story. I wouldn't fire a great employee. Summer took the job and now she is making it work. I hate the writing for Sally.

Comment

• DallasGal
      DallasGal commented
      Editing a comment
      A lot of folks are getting fired these days for things that happen in their personal life and I don’t mean crimes. Personal opinions are getting people fired.

• KendallSam
      KendallSam commented
      Editing a comment
      Sally has a job so ?‍♀️

She is working people that she hasn’t yet lied to. Clean slate ?

Let’s see what she does with it… when does Chelsea get out again? ?

• CouchCruisin'
      CouchCruisin' commented
      Editing a comment
      Lauren owns the company so she reserves the right to fire Sally or anyone else for whatever reason she wants unless it's discrimination, ageism...
      things like that. Why should she continue to employ a woman she can't trust?
  • JNLrafamily
    Executive Poster
    • Feb 2013

Excellent comment......you said it perfectly IMO

Comment

• TVDfan
      Board Regular
      • Jun 2011

she was ok with Chelsea until she betrayed her. Let’s be clear by this point Chelsea was already well known as Chelsea the Con.

She is ok with Gloria

She is ok with Phyllis and she Summer.

Firing Sally for reasons not related to her work is mind blowing.

Sally was not only doing her job, but she was doing it excellent.
      Last edited by TVDfan; August 21, 2021, 12:25 AM.

Comment

• Restless soap
        Restless soap commented
        Editing a comment
        Lauren didn't fire Sally because of her history. If Lauren had checked Sally's history, she wouldn't ve hired her in the first place, since her history which includes stealing designs isn't pretty either. Like you said she was ok with Chelsea until Chelsea crossed the line, so she was ok with Sally also until Sally crossed the line. Everything Sally did was related to work, she schemed to get rid of one of Lauren's employees in order to get their position, the same position she had repeatedly said she was no longer interested in. She is ok with Phyllis now but Phyllis isn't working for her. She let her have it when she suggested that she promoted Sally somewhere else. Summer hasn't done anything to her for her not to be ok with her plus she's no Summer's boss thanks to Sally. Gloria isn't scheming behind her back to get rid of her employees.
        Last edited by Restless soap; August 21, 2021, 02:39 PM.

• WorldTurner
        WorldTurner commented
        Editing a comment
        Lauren knew Sally was trying to get a fresh start after what happened in LA. She got the job partially because of Lauren's friendship with the original Sally Spectra. Lauren even promoted on her own and then gave her Summer's job. Lauren gave her plenty of opportunity and in turn Sally stabbed her in the back for that. Lauren was absolutely warranted. For anyone who thinks this is no big deal, what do you think would happen if you tried to get rid of your boss? How long do you think you would last in your job?
    • bronxgal
      • Jun 2005

Sally’s lies cost Lauren her preferred choice to run JCV. So, yes, Sally’s lies directly affected her business.
      Last edited by bronxgal; August 21, 2021, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• rockgirl
        Senior Board Member
        • May 2009

What Sally did is small stuff compared to others, but I'm actually glad she has got away from Lauren and can move onto other things. I think Lauren might really regret getting rid of her and by the time she does Sally will be settled somewhere else.

Comment

• clamcat
          Executive Poster
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by bronxgal View Post

Sally’s lies cost Lauren her preferred choice to run JCV. So, yes, Sally’s lies effected her business.
          Bingo! Key employees are critical assets for a business. Sally acted against Lauren’s interests by arranging for Summer to be recruited by another business. When questioned about her involvement, Sally lied. So Lauren fired her. You don’t keep an employee whom you can’t trust.

Comment

• Nellz
            Board Regular
            • Jul 2009

Summer may have her great job in Italy but Lauren lost a valuable member of her team due to Sally. Lauren begged Summer to reconsider and stay but she didn't and recommended Sally to take her place. Sally didn't earn squat she schemed and lied to get it. Therefore she has every right to fire her.

Comment

• CouchCruisin'
              Scriptwriter
              • May 2014

Originally posted by TVDfan View Post

she was ok with Chelsea until she betrayed her. Let’s be clear by this point Chelsea was already well known as Chelsea the Con.

She is ok with Gloria

She is ok with Phyllis and she Summer.

Firing Sally for reasons not related to her work is mind blowing.

Sally was not only doing her job, but she was doing it excellent.
              Lauren didn't fire Sally for doing her job.
              She fired her for her actions leading to her offering Sally the job.

Marchetti was in Sally's wheelhouse. She should have schemed that job for herself.

Comment

• gippsy
                Senior Board Member
                • Jun 2004

Sally needs to have her own company or fashion line. Actually she already did. She doesn't work well with others, especially women. She is too independent and never follows the rules. She always does whatever the hell she wants and never seems to learn from her mistakes. She is her own worst enemy.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X