Have we heard the last of the Ames family?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Good Kitty
    Contract Poster
    • Jun 2015

Have we heard the last of the Ames family?

I thought Naya telling Amanda that giving her and Hilary up for adoption was the best thing she ever did was perfect closure for this inept and neglected S/L. If there is no room in GC for the Ames family, Naya taking the wind out of Amanda’s sails with that comment and the rationale behind it was just what Amanda needed to hear. Her resentment towards her birth mother and her hatred for Sutton was bringing out a bitterness in Amanda that was eating her alive and destroying any chance Amanda had for future happiness. It’s time now for Amanda to move on.
  • bluejazz
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Aug 2008

I kind of like Imani. But it was great closure for Amanda.

Comment

• Loyalyr
      Senior Board Member
      • Jan 2015

I wish her father would come to her in a dream. It would help Amanda and it would give me closure from the story.
      Last edited by Loyalyr; August 9, 2021, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Russellgm
        Contract Poster
        • Apr 2018

I was going to ff through the Amanda scenes but this is going to be worth watching to hear her tell Amanda that. She has done nothing but yell at her mother and turn their lives upside down since she found out where they were. She is on a rampage to make them pay for giving them up and I am just grateful tjhat Hillary is not around to join in on this vendetta. She is more like Hillary than anyone would admit and they both had good up bringing and they should be grateful they didn't grow up in the system and had someone that wanted to adopt them. There are kids out there that would love to be adopted into a loving family. Couldn't have been that bad if she went to collage and is now a lawyer. I say be grateful and leave that family alone, she has done enough to them.

Comment

• Good Kitty
          Good Kitty commented
          Editing a comment
          That last scene with Amanda, her mother and Imani showed us how much like Hilary Amanda is and much as I want to like Amanda, it was not a good look.
      • PassingThrough
        Board Regular
        • Nov 2014

Maybe we'll find out that Amanda's father is alive and in hiding. You never know.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Feb 2006

Possibly. I just get tired of bringing on characters and not keeping any of them. There have been so few that have lasted over the last decade.

Comment

• kirkelash
            Recurring Poster
            • May 2018

Naya did tell Amanda that giving her and Hilary up for adoption was the best thing she ever did. Amanda looked crest fallen. However Naya went on to tell Amanda (in my own words and understanding) that if she hadn't given them up they would have lived in a less than good environment. They might never have flourished and become the women they are/were. It wasn't a put down. Naya was admitting that her father - Sutton was toxic and she was glad that Hillary and Amanda didn't grow up with him. She had tears in her eyes and said she was proud of them.

Comment

• WorldTurner
              WorldTurner commented
              Editing a comment
              Right she was saying they would have grown up under Sutton's thumb like she did and that she has never been able to be herself until now and that is thanks to Amanda. She was actually praising Amanda.

• YDoIStillWatch
              YDoIStillWatch commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok I am glad I wasn't the only one to see this scene so positively. Reading some of this thread I wasn't sure if I watched the same scene. I hope Naya stays in GC. Get her involved with some other residents.

• kirkelash
              kirkelash commented
              Editing a comment
              YDoIStillWatch - Nikki and Naya would make good friends material. Both characters are rich women and both actresses know how to play hoity toity, also they are in a similar age group.
          • sap36
            Day Player
            • Apr 2017

Has anything been resloved? Why introduce them and the ‘murder mystery’ of Richard while leaving it the way it is hanging? Was Richard or Sutton supposedly doing the blackmailing? Where is Naya’s mom? would like to have have some background on both Richard and the Ames family to show why Sutton seems to be such an ass & so controlling.The viewers knowing nothing about what really happened to Richard and who if anyone did it. I would like to see Naya’s & Imani’s grow so we can get know them. It would also be nice more about Richard Nealor’s background even though and maybe because of fact that none of these characters were actually on the show in the 1990s.

Comment

• Good Kitty
              Contract Poster
              • Jun 2015

I really enjoyed the actor who plays Naya’s performance today. Laugh if you want but I was getting Tina Turner vibes. Out of all the characters we saw on screen today she came across as the most mature and most real.

I also liked Sutton. All three members of the Ames family were impressive and IMHO wasted.

Comment

• chandon1
                chandon1 commented
                Editing a comment
                The actress does have a Tina Turner vibe 2 her facially I think it might be those high awesome cheekbone.

I DON'T think any other woman could ever come close 2 singing Proud mary the way that woman could & oh, that woman can D-A-N-C-E!

And, move like NO other woman on earth!
            • chandon1
              Contract Poster
              • Aug 2019

Well, IDK if Sutton will end up in soapy jail or not but if show wants 2 keep the character Adam can always hire him 2 run the political division in Newman Media.

Comment

• caitie
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Mar 2010

Naya has been cleared of charges and Amanda has cleared the air with both her mother and her sister. There is still follow-up with Sutton, but a lot of that can be off screen. Therefore, a good time to move on.

As for the “air clearing” - it’s past time for that because Amanda was starting to get bogged down in too much repeated anger and bitterness. Yes, she had good reasons to feel bitter for months - just as Elena had good reasons to feel sad for months. But neither mood plays well for a long time on the screen; so it’s time for Amanda to move forward with positivity - just as Elena has done for the past couple of months.

The story has answered the questions Amanda asked when it started. She now knows who her birth parents are (or were). She has resolved differences with both her sister and mother and now has them as part of her life. Whether or not, they stay in Genoa City, she has established positive connections and can maintain communication. She now has both the knowledge she was seeking and a sense of belonging to a known family unit. She knows that she had a parent who wanted her even when she and Hilary were infants. And she now knows that she has a living parent who now respects and values her and who wants the best for her. She has a sister with whom she can continue to develop a positive relationship. Knowledge and finally a sense of belonging - seems to me Amanda has done well in this story - and it's time to move on. And, importantly, move back into the mainstream of Genoa City life.
                Last edited by caitie; August 10, 2021, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• tylergirl
                  Senior Board Member
                  • Nov 2012

Don't want Naya or Imani to continue as characters!!!!!!

Comment

• DEELUVSTONY
                    Contract Poster
                    • Mar 2004

I think the story would have been better without the so called murder mystery which still really wasn't it resolved or it might have been more interesting if it had actually involved some shady dealings at Newman. I still don't understand why Sutton disliked Richard so much he went to college (may have gotten a degree?) he had a job at Newman it's not like he was some druggie it gang member or just some uneducated bum on the streets. Maybe he and Naya could have gotten married so the babies wouldn't have been born out of wedlock and causing this Big scandal that would ruin his career. I was always curious and don't know if anyone else was why the babies were given to Naya's alcoholic cousin Rose who was barely able to take care of one child and ended up giving Amanda away. I also thought it was interesting that cousin Rose was white and it was never really explained fully the connection between Rose and Tyler and Leslie's father.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X