• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • taramartin
    Soap Addict
    • Oct 2013

Sad scene with Sally and Jack

Their scene was kind of depressing today. Sally did indeed lie and no doubt will soon be discovered. What she did - getting Summer offered a great job (for Sally's benefit) wasn't all that terrible but if she confessed it wouldn't really have helped at this point.
    Jack has been very judgy around Sally. When posters recommend women for him they are usually people who have done way worse but Jack has accepted them.
    Sally isn't a con and gold digger like Kerry, she hasn't ever cheated on anyone like Phyllis with Billy.
    Jack and Sally look so happy together when he allows it. She actually loves him.
    Time for Sally to find someone who appreciates her and Jack can just be alone or find someone else who doesn't really care about him.
  • Emerald Greens
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2006

Jack was that way with Cane’s mother and judged her harshly. He’s had plenty of chances . I don’t care if they don’t put him with anyone.
    But I have to wonder what the writers have against Sally having anything or anyone. She’s no worse than most of them and done less than many.

Comment

• Angeldar
      Soap Addict
      • Aug 2011

Not a sad scene for me, in fact, I've been waiting for it. Phyllis and Billy did pay. They were on the outs for a long time. Phyllis lost her marriage over it. What else should have happened over that? Kerry was also let go when the truth came out about who she was. I don't think Jack is judgy around Sally at all. He asked for the truth and she refused to deliver, so, he told her she was all lovely looking but he needed more...like someone who isn't constantly lying and scheming. I'm sure Sally will find some other sap to appreciate her as long as they don't mind being played for a fool.

Comment

• taramartin
        taramartin commented
        Editing a comment
        Jack backs Phyllis even though he knows what she did in the past. She (and Summer) have been terrible to Sally. Now Phyllis steals Sally's phone, sends a fake text and records Sally and Tara on the elevator but no problem. That isn't exactly honest behavior. Kerry was completely using Jack but he was all in.
        Sally really loves him but he can't accept her.

• couplingchick
        couplingchick commented
        Editing a comment
        Sally really loves Jack? Since when ? They are hardly know one another and she’s done nothing but scheme and lie since the day he met her lol... if anything I think she loves the idea of being with someone like Jack as far as his social status and money maybe but to say she loves him I think is a stretch... if she did she wouldn’t be continuously treating him and the people he loves the way she does.

• Cindy
        Cindy commented
        Editing a comment
        Sally only loves what she thinks Jack can give her. Sally loves herself. I hated seeing Jack playing the fool over this lying interloper. What gets me the most is that I don't like Summer or Phyllis at all but Sally made me root for them to come out on top. That's what a slimeball she is to me.
    • WorldTurner
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jan 2006

I think it would have helped if she confessed and really told the truth, all of it.

Comment

• Cindy
        Cindy commented
        Editing a comment
        If she truly has feelings for Jack, I think she would have told him the truth and let the chips fall where they may. But she kept on lying.

• WorldTurner
        WorldTurner commented
        Editing a comment
        Right Cindy. Summer is criticized for not warning Kyle and Jack about Tara, well not only did Sally help set it in motion but she isn't warning them either.
    • kileyjae
      Contract Poster
      • Jun 2007

I thought it was somewhat sad, but, only because Sally continues to grovel. Girl...Stop it! Let Jack be a lonely, old, judgemental fool!

Comment

• Good Kitty
        Good Kitty commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. Her groveling for a second time was too much - I had to mute the TV I felt so embarrassed for her.
    • MalixM
      Lurking in the Shadows
      • Aug 2021

No sympathy for Sally !! She’s as conniving as ever !!

Comment

• DallasGal
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jun 2008

Sally is really becoming quite pathetic with her need to double and triple down on the lie. Every time Sally begs Jack for another chance she tries to defend herself with another lie.

Why can’t she tell Jack, I instigated Summer’s leaving town by contacting Eric and I pulled Tara in because Summer didn’t want the job. Tara blackmailed her with threat to take Harrison away from GC. She should tell Jack she is not proud of what she did but she did it.

It should be too late for Jack and Sally because he has given her a couple of chances to confess and she turned away from that option. But, it’s a soap so who really knows if Jack has finally had enough.

And the difference with the “other” people and Sally—— they told Jack the truth and were sorry for hurting him. And they worked to repair the damage. Sally hasn’t worked at fixing this mess but she keeps making things worse.

Comment

• TunerEyes
          TunerEyes commented
          Editing a comment
          Jack is not forgiving to everyone. Jack cut Theo off after the Jabot presentation, and crap!, all he did was unknowingly present Jack’s old presentation as his own to which he quickly admitted he panicked over ideas and apologize I thought it was a sincere apology but didn’t matter to Jack. He let Kyle fire him and after that Jack was cold to Theo not even letting him know when his grandmother Dina was dying. After the way the family treated Theo, I understood his motivation contesting Dina’s will.

I wish Sally would just stop trying to get back with Jack however. While I have honestly liked the pairing and I believe he really does enjoy her company and it was nice to see him happy, she need to give up even being friends and move on. He’s been looking much older and tired lately (guess kids can wear you down) and with this stupid SL it’s a no-win situation now.

• DallasGal
          DallasGal commented
          Editing a comment
          I was looking forward to Theo joining the cast of characters. I thought the character had great potential.
          I didn’t like the direction Theo’s story went in the end. I was just starting to like Theo as he was settling in so why the EP got rid of him is baffling.

Theo’s return to drop the bomb about Tara was a good add to the story and I wonder if the writers will use Theo again to wrap up Tara’s story since we know MM is leaving.
      • MalixM
        Lurking in the Shadows
        • Aug 2021

No sympathy for Sally !! She’s as conniving as ever !! She would never harm his son snd family snd connive against Summer if she really loved Jake. She lies like she breaths

Comment

• TunerEyes
          TunerEyes commented
          Editing a comment
          She should never have lied from the beginning. She should have broken her promise to lying cheating Kyle who jeapordized Jabot and wouldn’t tell Jack why Ashland was gunning for Jabo; and she should have told Jack about Kyle’s affair with Tara and that he then thought he had gotten her pregnant.
      • bronxgal
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Jun 2005

Jack asked Sally from the beginning to not lie to him and told her he didn’t want drama. Sally broke his trust that isn’t on Phyllis that is on Sally.

Comment

• DallasGal
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jun 2008

PS - Jack has forgiven Phyllis because he has loved her; maybe still does. Jack may care for Sally and was interested in her but he isn’t in love with Sally. Sally shouldn’t expect to be treated the same way.

Comment

• TunerEyes
            TunerEyes commented
            Editing a comment
            I never understood how Neil ended up forgiving Devon for sleeping with Hilary when Jack was married to her and also don’t know how Jack could forgive Billy for sleeping with Phyllis. That goes same for forgiving Hilary and Phyllis. Just as backstabbing and deceitful as the guys.
        • couplingchick
          Soap Addict
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by DallasGal View Post
          Sally is really becoming quite pathetic with her need to double and triple down on the lie. Every time Sally begs Jack for another chance she tries to defend herself with another lie.

Why can’t she tell Jack, I instigated Summer’s leaving town by contacting Eric and I pulled Tara in because Summer didn’t want the job. Tara blackmailed her with threat to take Harrison away from GC. She should tell Jack she is not proud of what she did but she did it.

It should be too late for Jack and Sally because he has given her a couple of chances to confess and she turned away from that option. But, it’s a soap so who really knows if Jack has finally had enough.

And the difference with the “other” people and Sally—— they told Jack the truth and were sorry for hurting him. And they worked to repair the damage. Sally hasn’t worked at fixing this mess but she keeps making things worse.
          Exactly!! No sympathy for Sally and her begging is making her look quite pathetic as I’ve never believed she truly even cared about Jack at all... not with the way she went after and treated those who he loves and is close to like Summer and Kyle! Sally has done nothing but lie and lie and lie some more to cover up her other lies... she’s run out of chances with Jack at this point imo and she needs to move on to some other man to try to con... Jack deserves better than her!

Comment

• couplingchick
            Soap Addict
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by DallasGal View Post
            PS - Jack has forgiven Phyllis because he has loved her; maybe still does. Jack may care for Sally and was interested in her but he isn’t in love with Sally. Sally shouldn’t expect to be treated the same way.
            This is the point I think many are forgetting or choosing to overlook when trying to compare Sally’s current misdeeds with Phyllis’s past misdeeds and how they effect Jack. Jack and Phyllis have a long history together... good and bad where as since Sally has done nothing but lie continuously to Jack since she came to town her short history with Jack is nothing but bad at this point... BIG difference!

Comment

• Emerald Greens
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Feb 2006

He may choose to overlook things with some more than others but that says more about him. He overlooks one person’s actions or manipulation but not another’s .

Comment

• bluejazz
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Aug 2008

Jack has given Sally multiple chances and she continues to do what he has asked her not to do, lie. She's not listening to him and she's not taking what he says seriously. That's a relationship breaker even outside all the lies and scheming targeting his family.

And he's going to be furious when he finds out her machinations with Tara hurt Kyle, Summer, his whole family and a little boy.

It wasn't sad. Sally was hoping being pathetic and begging rather than giving Jack the truth would change his mind. I glad he found his spine for a moment and told her no.

Comment

• JJ1
                  I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                  • Mar 2009

Jack will probably accept Tara's sob story that it was all Sally. Jack will probably be full of forgiveness to Tara ...never Sally. Jack's not that hit, Sally can do better.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X