Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashland and Tara’s divorce final” instead of just “Divorce Final

When was the Divorce filed a nd do devorice proceedings take New York? How long has Tara been in town?
    Last edited by JCmojoe81; August 2, 2021, 07:36 PM. Reason: Edited subject line to read clearer and prevent deletion of thread for having too vague of a subject line

I was surprised by Ashland’s comment about the divorce being final. He must have filed immediately when he kicked her out. I think she has been at the Abbotts since Spring.

Comment

Took me 60 days.

Sounds like their divorce was Uncontested; Pre-Nup valid; and Visitation worked out.

Comment

That was quick. But I guess if neither were fighting anything, it's possible. Wonder if Ashland will propose to Victoria now? Tara suggest Kyle marry her to give Harrison stability?

Comment

• xoregonian
          xoregonian commented
          Editing a comment
          Ya, there was something in the previews about Ashland saying to Victoria something about their honeymoon? I can't quite remember.

Seems to me they’re clearing the way to boot Tara on out of Genoa City with a quickness ….I was ready for her to be gone weeks ago.

Comment

• Harriet
          Harriet commented
          Editing a comment
          Didn't the actress who plays Tara get a contract?

• WorldTurner
          WorldTurner commented
          Editing a comment
          She is on contract but we don't know for how long, plus they still can get fired every 13 weeks. When Thad returned as JT a couple of years ago I think he signed a 3 month contract so she may have signed a short contract.

That bit about the divorce being final was a surprise today. I guess they sorased the divorce just like everything else on the show.

Comment

• xoregonian
          xoregonian commented
          Editing a comment
          At least they made it clear so we wouldn't have to speculate on the board for weeks and weeks.

• DallasGal
          DallasGal commented
          Editing a comment
          “SORAS” divorce 😁

I think the Friday previews had Ashland making the comment about a honeymoon.

Bill Gates didn’t have a prenup and it took about two months to finalize the divorce in real life.

Ashland has an iron clad prenup and Tara didn’t fight so it really isn’t that fast.

Comment

• Loyalyr
          Loyalyr commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you should fight an ironclad prenup with a dying man. If you stall long enough, maybe the divorce is never finalized.

• bronxgal
          bronxgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Loyalyr well Ashland changed the will so even if she tried she wouldn’t get anything.

• Loyalyr
          Loyalyr commented
          Editing a comment
          Good point bronxgal. I forgot that. She might have gotten something out of claiming the prenup was signed under duress. That issue would have to be resolved even with a will, I think.

If not for her marriage infidelity, I don’t think there is anyway you don’t contest the prenup. And then you fight it and more likely reach a settlement for big bucks. And really Ashland wouldn’t want the infidelity issue and paternity issue to be raised in a court proceeding. So she should have contested the prenup if she wanted money. And she wants money. And if she stalled long enough, well he isn’t a healthy man. Maybe the divorce would never be completed. He would have settled and she wouldn’t worry about being homeless.
        Last edited by Loyalyr; August 2, 2021, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Unless the law has changed, once the divorce action is finalized--there's a six-month waiting period before one can marry. Something to do w/allowing time to file the finalized documents in the State records. 'Course, it's Soapland, so everything is SORA'd...

Comment

• WorldTurner
            WorldTurner commented
            Editing a comment
            In NY where they lived, there is no waiting period. In WI there is a 6 month waiting period, yet Kyle married Lola right after divorcing Summer. It varies by state.

• sap36
            sap36 commented
            Editing a comment
            WorldTurner
            That what was wondering about since it’s Wisconsin but Ashland & Tara are from New York and I am from California.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X