Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are there no more steamy love scenes between Victor and Nikki?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GuidingLite
    commented on 's reply
    Perhaps for the same reason gay people, trans people, black people, Asian people, heavy people, etc., etc., etc. like to see themselves represented in a positive light? I can't imagine someone 80 years of age wouldn't perhaps appreciate a television show or a movie reminding people that just because you're older doesn't mean you should be discounted and dismissed by society.as worthless and undesirable.

I'm 53 years old .....both my parents have died.....both were in assisted living before passing. I have, back when they were both alive, spent a lot of time talking to older and even elderly people.....and most of them said that aside from the aches and pains and limitations....the worst thing about getting old...."When everyone thinks you just don't matter any more and simply forget about you."

• Betsey
    replied
    Good Lord, NO!!! MTS and EB have probably said NO WAY and the producers, writers, directors all respect that.

I don't want to see 30 year olds go at it, Ive never watched soaps for the steamy love scenes, hate them. I certainly don't want to see elderly people go at it.
    Im sure they have a very active sex life and that's great but not everything needs to be seen or talked about!

I'd be happy with a romantic walk along the Seine or a romantic cappuccino at an outdoor cafe and I'll even allow Victor 1 "my baby" even though it makes me want to vomit but no sex scenes.

Leave a comment:

• zenmaster5
    replied
    Originally posted by DallasGal View Post
    The getaway would be a nice time for Victor and Nikki to seen having a romantic dinner or a night out dancing. I don’t need a love scene to feel the love between them. But, just like with Ashland and Victoria, their time in NY is a hotel room. The budget constraints are so obvious so Victor snd Nikki only get a hotel room too.

Will Victor and Nikki be babysitting Noah when they stop in to visit him while they are in London.

No thanks to nude scenes.
    I agree. Victor and Nikki's getaway is a romantic getaway. It would be nice to see them having a romantic dinner and dancing the night away whispering sweet words into each others ears... I would love to see that, but when it comes to the nude scenes between Nikki and Victor, I agree with you, No thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Lady Killer
    replied
    Why would people want to see that?

Leave a comment:

• Angeldar
    replied
    Originally posted by GuidingLite View Post
    Wow.....lots of ageist and insulting comments here - is it so hard to say 'no thank you, I'd prefer not to see that' and leave it there?

I certainly hope the veteran actors on the show aren't reading the really insulting things being said about them here. Age happens....if you're lucky. No one deserves to be told they are gross and undesirable because they have lived a long life.
    How true, and no one deserves to be called an "old fart". Seniors should be respected, not called "age" names just because they prefer not to do "hot and steamy" anymore. And Thanks a lot, I'm sure there are several besides myself who don't think of ourselves as "old farts", Come to think of it, this post is becoming a bit slanderous, biased, inappropriate..etc etc.

Leave a comment:

• GuidingLite
    replied
    Wow.....lots of ageist and insulting comments here - is it so hard to say 'no thank you, I'd prefer not to see that' and leave it there?

I certainly hope the veteran actors on the show aren't reading the really insulting things being said about them here. Age happens....if you're lucky. No one deserves to be told they are gross and undesirable because they have lived a long life.

Leave a comment:

• KAG2020
    replied
    No thanks. I eat my lunch during the program. The last thing I want to see are those two old farts going at it

Leave a comment:

• Theresa_Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Angeldar View Post

So...if they are boring together, who would you have them hook up with besides each other? I don't believe a couple has to be separated in order for them to have a storyline. There are lots and lots of ways to give characters storylines without it have to do with romance. Back years ago, there was always that older couple who were the matriarch/patriarchs of the show, the people who the younger ones went to for advice. Nikki and Victor had their days of failed romances and affairs for the last 40 plus years. Now they are older and they are support people for the younger generation. Who wants to see them rolling in the hay? Not me. I think the person who posted this must be very young or must not understand seniors. If what is being said here is true, that there is no spark, that there is no chemistry, than I think it would apply to me and my spouse as well as we are in that age group, but, trust me, the seniors don't always have to be about sexual romps. It's called love and respect at that age.
    They should take a page from John/Marlena on Days. They kiss a lot, cuddle, but no love scenes. You can show affection without it being sexual.

Leave a comment:

• Angeldar
    replied
    Originally posted by janesBydiction View Post
    Because they're 70 and 80. That's not to say that elderly people don't have active sex lives, just that it's seldom shown on television. I don't even think these two actors want to do that anymore at this point.

I'd have no issue with it though. I see nothing wrong with elderly actors portraying love scenes on camera.

However, Niktor have zero spark. Their conversations couldn't be duller or lower energy. This is why I chuckle at the end game couple theory because this is what it typically entails. Two actors who've burned out any chemistry or excitement they once had, stuck in a boring lifeless pairing because that's how it's supposed to be, based on the cards.
    So...if they are boring together, who would you have them hook up with besides each other? I don't believe a couple has to be separated in order for them to have a storyline. There are lots and lots of ways to give characters storylines without it have to do with romance. Back years ago, there was always that older couple who were the matriarch/patriarchs of the show, the people who the younger ones went to for advice. Nikki and Victor had their days of failed romances and affairs for the last 40 plus years. Now they are older and they are support people for the younger generation. Who wants to see them rolling in the hay? Not me. I think the person who posted this must be very young or must not understand seniors. If what is being said here is true, that there is no spark, that there is no chemistry, than I think it would apply to me and my spouse as well as we are in that age group, but, trust me, the seniors don't always have to be about sexual romps. It's called love and respect at that age.

Leave a comment:

• CloverLeaf
    commented on 's reply
    clamcat you had me laughing. You are right. That was awful - Victor and the lady doc. I'm still blind in one eye from seeing that. Please, no to any sex scenes between Victor and Nikki.

• Old Boot
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you.

• Theresa_Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by janesBydiction View Post

Everyone knows who the endgame couples are.

However, the reality of what that actually entails, when the show hasn't ended, is far less romantic and exciting. Endgame theory is extremely romanticized, when the reality of it, just isn't particularly romantic. Niktor are proof of how boring and irrelevant the vibe is when the endgame pairing are locked in and can never get out.

For me, now-game will always be more important than end-game. Who the show pairs in its final three weeks just isn't very compelling or relevant to me.
    For some viewers, endgame is important as now-game because it's tell a consensus of who people will always go back to. The now-pairings are just there to kill time but they aren't great loves for example. Y&R is heavily affair based. When two people break-up one of them cheats 99 % of the time. Other soaps like Days and GH keep couples together for years, give them families, stories and conflict.

I think Niktor is at the age where they should be together, happy and involved with their kids + grandkids lives. What would be the purpose of breaking them up in their 70's and 80's when we all know they will get back together.

I agree we know who the endgame couples are. But still chemistry is subjective. I think Niktor has plenty.

I can tell you as a Shick fan of 25 years, it def. matters to us that our ship will be the endgame couple when the show closes. It means the payoff for the pain of will one be worth it.

Leave a comment:

• aryastark
    replied
    Originally posted by YRFANATIC View Post
    Their romance is so stale and uninspiring! Whatever happened to the magic and spark these to had in the 80s, today it's just wilting and dwindling. I would like to see more love scenes between these two so that they can bring that rekindle the passion they had back then. Where are the steaming bed scene? They currently vacationing together, and yet there is zero romantic scenes, instead they are babysitting Summer? Please do not use age as an issue here because it's possible to be sexually active at this stage in life. We need more nude scenes on this show, sex sells and this will translate into higher ratings. It's a no brainer and it's not rocket science.
    Victor is 80 years old! I think his steamy days are over.

Leave a comment:

• Cindy
    replied
    No one wants to see Gramps and Granny getting sexy. I think showing the love they share after all these years and all their problems is much nicer than a love scene. Alluding to sexy time is okay but nothing onscreen please.

Leave a comment:

• DallasGal
    commented on 's reply
    I can understand the end-game concept; however, I hope YR has many, many more years to air. The couples have to do something while waiting for their end-game. 😏 so they form relationships with others.

I would love for Jack and Phyllis to get back together but I don’t “hate” (of course I have a preference or opinion) on their current pairings because soap couples usually aren’t together for very long. They breakup, they move on and they usually get back together. The drama breaks them up and the romantic story brings them back together.
    Last edited by DallasGal; August 2, 2021, 08:06 AM.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X