Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Why are there no more steamy love scenes between Victor and Nikki?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YRFANATIC
    Senior Board Member
    • Mar 2005

Why are there no more steamy love scenes between Victor and Nikki?

Their romance is so stale and uninspiring! Whatever happened to the magic and spark these to had in the 80s, today it's just wilting and dwindling. I would like to see more love scenes between these two so that they can bring that rekindle the passion they had back then. Where are the steaming bed scene? They currently vacationing together, and yet there is zero romantic scenes, instead they are babysitting Summer? Please do not use age as an issue here because it's possible to be sexually active at this stage in life. We need more nude scenes on this show, sex sells and this will translate into higher ratings. It's a no brainer and it's not rocket science.
  • DallasGal
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jun 2008

The getaway would be a nice time for Victor and Nikki to seen having a romantic dinner or a night out dancing. I don’t need a love scene to feel the love between them. But, just like with Ashland and Victoria, their time in NY is a hotel room. The budget constraints are so obvious so Victor snd Nikki only get a hotel room too.

Will Victor and Nikki be babysitting Noah when they stop in to visit him while they are in London.

No thanks to nude scenes.

Comment

• MsMalin
      Senior Board Member
      • Aug 2018

Maybe the actors don't want to do it. Nikki had some bed scenes with Arturo a few years ago but I can't remember any recent Victor scenes. I would not mind seeing them in bed apres sex, or talking but please no lovemaking or nude scenes. Sorry but I'm just not into it.

Comment

• clamcat
        clamcat commented
        Editing a comment
        We had a post-sex scene with Victor and the prison doctor a few years ago. Thankfully, that was the last such scene I can remember with him.

• CloverLeaf
        CloverLeaf commented
        Editing a comment
        clamcat you had me laughing. You are right. That was awful - Victor and the lady doc. I'm still blind in one eye from seeing that. Please, no to any sex scenes between Victor and Nikki.
    • Rubythroat1
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by YRFANATIC View Post
      Their romance is so stale and uninspiring! Whatever happened to the magic and spark these to had in the 80s, today it's just wilting and dwindling. I would like to see more love scenes between these two so that they can bring that rekindle the passion they had back then. Where are the steaming bed scene? They currently vacationing together, and yet there is zero romantic scenes, instead they are babysitting Summer? Please do not use age as an issue here because it's possible to be sexually active at this stage in life. We need more nude scenes on this show, sex sells and this will translate into higher ratings. It's a no brainer and it's not rocket science.
      The operative word or phrase in this title is "in the 80's"......which Eric Braeden has entered. MTS is a veteran also. They are loving companions now. Anything more need to be said?
      Last edited by Rubythroat1; August 1, 2021, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• Old Boot
        Board Regular
        • Dec 2006

I think the steam became a simmer. It's still there, just not boiling.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
          Rubythroat1 commented
          Editing a comment
          That is pretty good, Old Boot!

• henyvo02
          henyvo02 commented
          Editing a comment
          That is a good way of describing it Old Boot.

• Old Boot
          Old Boot commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you.
      • Angeldar
        Soap Addict
        • Aug 2011

Wow...I hope it's not an expected thing to be having "steamy scenes" when one is 80 years old. I can't imagine and I'm only 65. i really don't think people want to see those types of scenes between people of that age group. By the time you are that age and are still together, I think it's just implied.

Comment

• marciat
          Senior Board Member
          • Apr 2017

Um no thanks. I don't need to see that.

Comment

• Forever Fan
            Forever Fan commented
            Editing a comment
            Even when they were younger, we didn't see a lot of hot love scenes between these two. I was thankful for that discretion then, and even more so now.
        • Frank52
          Board Regular
          • Oct 2013

Somethings are best left to the imagination. I'd rather watch the boring, silly, Abby baby story.

Comment

• snowbirdpat
            Day Player
            • Apr 2011

Dear God no...now I have a picture in my head that I can't get out......

Comment

• janesBydiction
              I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
              • Dec 2011

Because they're 70 and 80. That's not to say that elderly people don't have active sex lives, just that it's seldom shown on television. I don't even think these two actors want to do that anymore at this point.

I'd have no issue with it though. I see nothing wrong with elderly actors portraying love scenes on camera.

However, Niktor have zero spark. Their conversations couldn't be duller or lower energy. This is why I chuckle at the end game couple theory because this is what it typically entails. Two actors who've burned out any chemistry or excitement they once had, stuck in a boring lifeless pairing because that's how it's supposed to be, based on the cards.

Comment

• Theresa_Fan
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jul 2007

I don't know if we need a love scene but it would be nice to see NIktor in bed. Even cuddling. I love Niktor!

Originally posted by janesBydiction View Post
                Because they're 70 and 80. That's not to say that elderly people don't have active sex lives, just that it's seldom shown on television. I don't even think these two actors want to do that anymore at this point.

I'd have no issue with it though. I see nothing wrong with elderly actors portraying love scenes on camera.

However, Niktor have zero spark. Their conversations couldn't be duller or lower energy. This is why I chuckle at the end game couple theory because this is what it typically entails. Two actors who've burned out any chemistry or excitement they once had, stuck in a boring lifeless pairing because that's how it's supposed to be, based on the cards.
                But there is an endgame on a soap. Many actors have addressed their characters having an endgame. EB and MTS have always said it was Niktor, JM has always said it was Shick, Amelia has said it's Villy and so on. I think Niktor has great chemistry and chemistry is always in the eye of the beholder. All the soaps that ended reunited the supercopules of their soap together and Y&R will be no different when it ends and certain actors have never steered away from their claims and I love that. They know their characters more than anyone.

Comment

• TunerEyes
                  Soap Addict
                  • Dec 2014

LOL With diminishing hormone levels and other aging issues I’m not surprised. I’m sure they cuddle and still express their affection in many ways to each other (seem very loving towards each other lately). Wouldn’t be surprised if it was something nixed in their contracts.

Comment

• kirkelash
                    Recurring Poster
                    • May 2018

If by chance Nikki and Victor had a steamy love scene and I saw it by accident, I would have to scrub my eyes with a Brillo pad. I didn't even like seeing Victor in a love scene when he was a younger man.

Comment

• janesBydiction
                      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Theresa_Fan View Post
                      I don't know if we need a love scene but it would be nice to see NIktor in bed. Even cuddling. I love Niktor!

But there is an endgame on a soap. Many actors have addressed their characters having an endgame. EB and MTS have always said it was Niktor, JM has always said it was Shick, Amelia has said it's Villy and so on. I think Niktor has great chemistry and chemistry is always in the eye of the beholder. All the soaps that ended reunited the supercopules of their soap together and Y&R will be no different when it ends and certain actors have never steered away from their claims and I love that. They know their characters more than anyone.
                      Everyone knows who the endgame couples are.

However, the reality of what that actually entails, when the show hasn't ended, is far less romantic and exciting. Endgame theory is extremely romanticized, when the reality of it, just isn't particularly romantic. Niktor are proof of how boring and irrelevant the vibe is when the endgame pairing are locked in and can never get out.

For me, now-game will always be more important than end-game. Who the show pairs in its final three weeks just isn't very compelling or relevant to me.

Comment

• DallasGal
                        DallasGal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I can understand the end-game concept; however, I hope YR has many, many more years to air. The couples have to do something while waiting for their end-game. ? so they form relationships with others.

I would love for Jack and Phyllis to get back together but I don’t “hate” (of course I have a preference or opinion) on their current pairings because soap couples usually aren’t together for very long. They breakup, they move on and they usually get back together. The drama breaks them up and the romantic story brings them back together.
                        Last edited by DallasGal; August 2, 2021, 08:06 AM.
                    • CincyLady
                      Aspiring soap scribe
                      • Sep 2005

Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? I am their (at least EB's) age. What a joke!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X