Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tara is the 5th Avenue Upper East side mom

Even though I've seen it a bunch of times, I watched The Nanny Diaries again this weekend and realized Tara is Laura Linney's character in the movie.

Has all the money in the world and does not work but has a live in nanny that raises her child 24/7

She does not care for, pick up or hug her child....that's the nanny's job.

As another poster pointed out, Tara has all the maternal instinct of a dead fish

I don’t get any maternal vibes from her but Tara is the owner and designer of a shoe line. She isn’t doing anything now because her concentration level is not where it needs to be ( as she explained to Lauren). She is taking things slow with any job ventures with Lauren,

Comment

• TunerEyes
      TunerEyes commented
      Editing a comment
      Tara seems great to me with Harrison and he acts very lovingly and responsively to her. No appearance he pulls away from her or seeks to spend time alone or away from her.

Just because someone is in a situation with money doesn’t make them bad parents. She has a job and a company, and I truly doubt running a shoe firm where she designs those shoes, gets them manufactured and sold to resellers where the brand is recognized world wide in the high fashion arena comes close to her as a stay-at-home bon bon eating lazy person that I see her being portrayed as. A nanny would be full time or live in to accommodate a varying work schedule while still making sure her child was looked after and well cared for. Doubt her or Ashland would hire anyone without excellent childcare experience off the street.

Some working mothers rely on babysitters, relatives, or daycare and fewer may have a spouse that can help out. Are people jealous in some way she has the ability to have a nanny? Tara deserves more credit on the mother front than I see her being given. When she found herself pregnant she chose to continue her pregnancy and love that child. Harrison isn’t a wild child, seems smart, loving and aware. He’s polite and has manners. You can tell both Ashland and Tara are very proud of him and love him.

• TunerEyes
      TunerEyes commented
      Editing a comment
      I kind of recall the early conversation with Sally. I took it as her shoes were mostly marketed to overseas buyers who were maybe more into high fashion footwear and she really hadn’t tapped into the U.S. market. That was why she thought meeting Lauren might be a good business move for her brand.

• DallasGal
      DallasGal commented
      Editing a comment
      @TunerEyes

My response didn’t say anything about Tara’s money as a reason for being a bad parent, As a matter of fact, I never called her a bad parent but just that I don’t see her as being very maternal. And, I didn’t call her out for having a nanny.

Tara needs to make some new friends....Chloe and Chelsea. Triple threat fashionistas.

Comment

• TunerEyes
      TunerEyes commented
      Editing a comment
      If Ashland hurts Victoria I could see Victor giving his approval for Chloe to hire Tara. Not sure he would want to anger Ashland otherwise since he sits on the media board.

Didn’t John have a live in maid/nanny to look after his kids while he worked? Don’t recall him being particularly physically affectionate with the kids.

Comment

I have a bad feeling that Tara is far more evil than we think......Just MHO

Comment

Tara will be gone soon so I don't even give her a thought. However I have to thank her for running Summer out of Genoa City.

Comment

Hopefully Tara will leave town when Kyle leaves Y&R. She's bland - and annoying.

Comment

I haven't seen anyone mention the missing documents Lauren asked about today.
            Tara may not have access to someone who can fix up some fake papers about them thar shoes...

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X