• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newyorknewyork
    Senior Board Member
    • May 2010

Who has Sally hurt? (On Y&R)

Her biggest victim is Jack and he’s hurt by her lies that don’t effect him. She got Summer her dream job in Paris. I pay no attention to Phylis constantly crying over her grown daughter living Paris wi try h a great job.
  • taramartin
    Soap Addict
    • Oct 2013

Even if Tara had been a wonderful person, things were looking bad for Summer and Kyle - they never made it many months without breaking up. Sally (for her own gain) got Summer a fantastic job in Italy. There are worse things she could've done.
    Summer was hateful to Sally from the day they met.

Comment

• Loyalyr
      Senior Board Member
      • Jan 2015

She got Summer a great opportunity that Summer could have turned down. She gave Tara the opportunity to convince Summer to take the job. This was a great favor to Tara. She is a good friend. She is a good companion to Jack and Jack needs someone in his life. She has done a great job for Lauren at JCV. And she pays rent to Phyllis. What a wonderful person. LOL.

Comment

• Restless soap
        Restless soap commented
        Editing a comment
        Your post made me laugh ?. She sure likes to pay rent to Phyllis cos i recall Phyllis kicking her out of that hotel and yet she is still there, she couldn't find anywhere else to stay ?
    • cat_woman
      Senior Board Member
      • Feb 2015

Sally has lied and been deceitful, but who on the show hasn't. Phyllis has done many bad things herself.

At least Summer got a great job, but of course Sally maneuvered it for her own gain.

I'm so tired of this mess and want it to end. Sally will be the town pariah, which isn't entirely fair, because it will make a lot of people look like hypocrites.

Comment

• bluejazz
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Aug 2008

Summer and Kyle. Jack, Phyllis, and Nick. Ashton and Harrison. Mrs. Martinez.

Like it or not, people don't exist in a vacuum. What hurts someone hurts their loved ones and Sally going after Summer's job has fallout she didn't anticipate. Aiding and abetting Tara is going to bring her even more. She hurts people, she's going to get it right back.

Comment

• taramartin
          taramartin commented
          Editing a comment
          Just think, Summer knew all about Tara and chose to run away rather than find a way to help those people she claims to love.

• JNLrafamily
          JNLrafamily commented
          Editing a comment
          taramartin I totally disagree.....Summer didn't run away, she felt she was protecting Kyle. She's NOT as selfish as some think.....JMO

• taramartin
          taramartin commented
          Editing a comment
          Then she is so thoughtless and immature that she didn't see what she was doing.
      • henyvo02
        Senior Board Member
        • Sep 2008

Who has she hurt really wow she hurt Summer and Kyle Yes Summer got a dream job but it is a job she did not want and had to give up the love of her life to do it and as per her conversation with Nikki she is not happy and Kyle lost Summer and is miserable without her and she hurt Jack with her lies someone who believed in her .

Comment

• taramartin
          taramartin commented
          Editing a comment
          Summer and Kyle were seldom happy together. In the weeks proceding her job offer, Summer was in the background pouting and Kyle was oblivious.

• taramartin
          taramartin commented
          Editing a comment
          Summer with an assist from Phyllis worked to break up Sally and Jack. Not much reason for Sally to worry about Summer's relationship.

• GHKissOff
          GHKissOff commented
          Editing a comment
          No one hurt Summer and Kyle but Summer. She could have very easily have told him or even her mother what Tara had done in trying to run her out of the country. But did she do that no, she decided to play martyr victim and fall on her sword. No one stuck a gun to her forcing her to do this no one threatened her life or Kyles life, all we had was Tara making some idle threat about taking Harrison away from Kyle and Summer runs off. That was stupid and totally on Summer no way is anyone else to blame for her stupidity, she had numerous people who could have helped her out all this but chose not to do it, that's on her.
      • WorldTurner
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jan 2006

If Sally didn't hurt anyone, why is she so secretive about what she did? Because even Sally knows what she did is wrong. If this was Summer's dream job, why didn't she apply for it? Because she didn't want it. She didn't want to leave her family, friends and most especially the man she loves and was about to marry. Sure Summer could have ended this by telling but this is called a Daytime DRAMA so there has to be drama. We are supposed to believe she felt she had no choice with Tara's threat. The fact it is a great job does not remotely justify what Sally did.

Comment

• DallasGal
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jun 2008

And, let’s not forget Sally has hurt Lauren. Lauren gave her multiple chances, the first starting with giving Sally a job based on nepotism. Lauren didn’t know Sally but knew original Sally Spectra.

Lauren asked Summer and Sally to put the past behind them and work together. Lauren asked for their word. Sally has been lying to Lauren about Summer’s interest in the job in Italy and she pulled dirty tricks to get Summer’s job at JVC. Every comment that Sally makes about Summer and the job is a lie.

I doubt Lauren is going to be very happy when this crap hits the fan. Lauren is going to give Sally a tongue lashing snd she might even get fired.

Comment

• GHKissOff
            GHKissOff commented
            Editing a comment
            Did she hurt Lauren? From what I've seen she's actually done a good job at her job. She may have helped send Summer packing but whose to say Summer was better at that job. No seriously, I'm with those who feel Summer got her position not due to what she knew but who she knew, maybe Sally was more qualified all along. Also Summer was no innocent victim as someone else said Sally was willing to end their little rivalry but Summer kept it going and even went after Sally at work. One of the main reasons Sally chose to again go after her, funny how all of Summer and Kyle's actions are swept under a rug while Sally's are called out even on the show as bad as that horrid Flatt nonsense on B&B where they acted like victims after thrashing Sally for months.

• WorldTurner
            WorldTurner commented
            Editing a comment
            Sally got slapped for ruining the engagement party. I call that a good reason. For me, Sally is the one that is completely unsympathetic.

• taramartin
            taramartin commented
            Editing a comment
            Tara ruined the engagement party not Sally. Tara with Harrison in tow told her it was an emergency so Sally told her where they were. What if Tara's story were true? Sally had no way to know.
        • Restless soap
          Board Regular
          • Nov 2014

I don't understand. Summer's dream job? Was Summer looking for a dream job? Did she tell Sally to help her get a dream job? If Summer wanted it, why would Sally have to lie to Eric Forrester and then to Jack? And why did she go to Tara if it was what Summer wanted? She went to Tara to join her in scheme because she knew there was no way Summer would accept the job. Sally didn't do any of this out of the goodness of her heart. She didn't care what she was doing would break a relationship or hurt Jack, the man the man that she claims to love or care about. Since its a dream job, why Sally didn't go for it herself? That position is bigger than JVC anyway. But she didn't want that because she wanted a chances wiith Jack who can also potentially help start her own fashion line i guess. So to get what she wants, she needed to hurt Kyle who happens to be Jack's son. She doesn't like it when people fight back but she thinks its ok to hurt people as long as she gets what she wants. The plan was to get rid of Summer so she and Tara could have what the want, Summer's job and Summer's man. And to say her lies don't affect Jack is something i can't understand. Lying to Jack straight to his face imo is bad enough. You don't have to like Summer or Kyle but imo its ok to see that they have been wronged.
          Last edited by Restless soap; July 31, 2021, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• Good Kitty
            Good Kitty commented
            Editing a comment
            “. . . she thinks it’s ok to hurt people as long as she gets what she wants”. Thank you, that’s the perfect description of Summer. Now we’re to believe she’s intimidated by 2 women she would have eaten for breakfast in the past.
        • KendallSam
          I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
          • Jun 2007

Sally told Tara to make sure Summer accepted the position that she arranged for her.

?

Summer had to break up with Kyle as Tara ordered.

Summer knows Kyle has zero rights when it comes to Harrison. Kyle proved that point when he told Jack he didn’t want to confront Tara.

It is a soapy plot to get rid of her rival.

Summer would not have taken the job without Tara’s threat. The threat Sally put Tara up to making. Sally approached Tara to plot with

Comment

• GHKissOff
            GHKissOff commented
            Editing a comment
            Summer didn't have to do anything, she had those around her she could have outed Tara to. The fact that she chose to comply made her look stupid. Her mother and her grandfather are two of the most devious people in GC they could have easily taken Tara down. That whole thing was so contrived there's no way I see Summer as a victim because she chose to play martyr when she didn't have to.

• KendallSam
            KendallSam commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree Summer had all kinds of options to leaving town (except the actress was leaving the show).

I merely answered the OP’s question.

Summer and Kyle were hurt by the selfish actions of Sally (and Tara). ?
        • Dakotacat
          Board Regular
          • Jun 2021

Sally has always had to fight and scheme to get ahead. The elite, especially, have always treated her badly. I don't blame her one bit for how she is. However, Jack is making a huge mistake because Sally is true blue loyal and would never sleep with Billy the way Phyllis did. She is very loyal to friends, family and the men she loves. I think Sally is a thousand times a better woman than Phyllis or Summer!

Comment

• Mariko
            Mariko commented
            Editing a comment
            Here here! When it comes down to it, she has a really big heart. (Remember the puppy?) But, when her back is pushed up against the wall (which is 90% of the time it seems) she fights back, JUST LIKE her namesake would. Sally doesn't go after other people, until they go after her. Which IMO she has EVERY right to. No one has ever given her a fair shake. (except for maybe Lauren, and she has worked her butt off for her) People forget just how hard of a worker she's always been. And like she said to Jack, all she wants is to succeed on what she's done.

• KendallSam
            KendallSam commented
            Editing a comment
            Sally and her team plotted to steal Forrester designs using her sister and a hidden camera/jewel.

? Sally schemed because it was easier.

• Mariko
            Mariko commented
            Editing a comment
            That wasn't her idea originally. That came from her grandmother talking her into it. She originally wanted to do things on her own.

Originally posted by KendallSam View Post
          Sally told Tara to make sure Summer accepted the position that she arranged for her.

?

Summer had to break up with Kyle as Tara ordered.

Summer knows Kyle has zero rights when it comes to Harrison. Kyle proved that point when he told Jack he didn’t want to confront Tara.

It is a soapy plot to get rid of her rival.

Summer would not have taken the job without Tara’s threat. The threat Sally put Tara up to making. Sally approached Tara to plot with
          Yeah, don't get me wrong, Tara has full responsibility for her part in this, buuuut in a way she and Harrison are other people Sally hurt. If Sally hadn't pushed Tara into this whole mess, she and Kyle could have had a positive & healthy co-parenting relationship. Now it's doomed to be a wreck

Comment

• WorldTurner
            WorldTurner commented
            Editing a comment
            Unless something happened offscreen that we didn't see, Sally basically just asked for her help and told her how it would benefit Tara. That's all on Tara.

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            WorldTurner Oh Tara's actions are definitely on Tara. But imo it's a good example of how Sally going around poisoning people against Summer has collateral damage.
        • Good Kitty
          Contract Poster
          • Jun 2015

I was waiting for someone to say this. Sally has done nothing to harm Summer. Summer is a grown woman. If she is miserable at a job that Sally got for her, working for a famous fashion house in the fashion capital of the world in romantic Italy, then it is on her. After all the shady stuff Summer has done to other people there is no way on earth she would be afraid of Sally and Tara and not tell Kyle and her mother what they were up to. She would relish exposing those two.

And don’t tell me she sacrificed her happiness to keep Tara from taking Harry from Kyle. When has Summer ever in her life done a selfless act for anyone? Give me a break!

Comment

• Day 1
            Board Regular
            • Jun 2007

who has she hurt?the show revealed who she's hurt;it's very obvious.Now ,we all can spin away,justify,whatever,etc.

Comment

• henyvo02
              henyvo02 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes the way people are spinning this to justify what Sally did is laughable

• DallasGal
              DallasGal commented
              Editing a comment
              @henyvo02

I am going to start using the same spin for Phyllis that some use for Sally. RE: Sally was just doing Summer a favor to land her dream job.

“Phyllis wasn’t trying to run Sally out of town but she simply asked Lauren to give her a promotion in LA. Phyllis was just helping Sally land her dream job with JVC LA”.
          • JNLrafamily
            Executive Poster
            • Feb 2013

She is a walking disaster, she hurts my eyes and my ears......I refuse to watch this worthless character!!! JMO

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X