Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Chance/Abby/Moriah story interest you?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the Chance/Abby/Moriah story interest you?

Curious. For me I don’t give one donkey’s ball. Lol.
    Of course it does.
    7.35%
    No. Next and fast forward, please.
    76.47%
    I am invested in the characters but hate this story.
    16.18%

The poll is expired.

This story has been horrible since Chance left and the writers inserted Mariah.

Comment

• Lulubee
      Lulubee commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t want to hate Abby, but literally every storyline that involves or centers around her I’m like can we please move on….she is the most useless to me and o have never cared for her love life except when she had a thing with Austin and when she was married to Ben. Seems to me like she has always wanted to be Victoria.

I watch it but it is not well written, I am not enjoying it.

Comment

I liked Abby with Chance, but WHY did she become so obsessed with having a baby two seconds after the wedding? Even dumber when they wrote out Chance and they had Abby go ahead with the baby thing anyway.

It would have been more interesting to see Mariah and Tessa wanting to have a baby together. They'd have to work out the details of finding a sperm donor and deciding which one of them was going to carry it.

I guess I just don't like the idea of using a surrogate who have not had their own baby before. They did this over on B&B, too, where Maya used her VIRGINAL little sister as a surrogate. In the real world. women who serve as surrogates have already had at least one child of their own, often they are done having their own kids but want to help other couples have a baby. So I think that if they wanted to make Mariah pregnant, it should have been with a baby that she will raise with Tessa.

Comment

• janetn
        janetn commented
        Editing a comment
        Abby was obsessed with having a baby before she and Chance were married. He said his inability to father a child might be temporary but she couldn't wait and started looking for a sperm donor. Mac hadn't had her own baby when she was a surrogate for Lily and Cane but they were both the biological parents. This s/l has been a bore from the beginning, maybe they thought a kidnapping would make it more interesting but it just drags it on.

• Lulubee
        Lulubee commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn’t understand her random need to have a child either. And I cannot fathom what could be remotely interesting about three women always in the same room talking about where a man has gone off too and how exciting it is to have a child. The writers literally have them having the same discussion in the same place every day. This is a soap opera, not ” The Talk.”

I voted #3. I like all the characters involved, although Abby tends to be self centered. But I did not like the surrogacy story at all. It started with Mariah accepting Abby and Chances request after 10 minutes of thought, a woman who has never been pregnant before. Then Chance found out he can't produce a child, at least for now, runs off on a secret mission without a word of goodbye, then leaves a note telling Abby to go ahead with a donor. What?!? She shouldn't wait a few months? They had only been married a few weeks.

But it really jumped the shark when Devon VOLUNTEERED to be the donor. all for spoiled rich Abby. He's also never had a child.

I thought the kidnapping story would at least add some drama and suspense, but instead we've got the same tired conversations between Abby, Devon and Tessa and no one actually doing anything. And they are only on about once a week. We're a month into this already. Her own mother isn't a bit concerned.

This whole thing for me is likely to be the second worst storyline of all time, just behind Marco/Jack.

And it's too bad, because I've wanted a decent story for Mariah, Tessa and Devon for a long time. Instead they are in this awful mess. 😞

catmommy9 I agree 100%. Many Teriah fans were very upset they didn't go this direction for Mariah and Tessa. Instead they made Mariah the surrogate for Abby, which made Jane understandably angry. It's even a hugely unpopular story from the beginning.

No one could figure out Abby's big rush either. She didn't even know how long Chance might be gone.
      Last edited by cat_woman; July 31, 2021, 07:33 PM.

Comment

I was interested in Abby & Chance. They were a romantic, good looking couple, but since he left I don't care. I loved when they cast Chance. He was a handsome adventurous hero, Abby's best pairing, and the twist ---a friend to bad boy Adam & a mysterious past in Vegas. A big plus was the Chancellor mansion set was being well used again. It was the place Chance was born, and was once the home of his father and grandfather. So all the history was in place for a great story.

But whatever happened when the Chance actor was let go ruined the story. When all the sudden Chance couldn't father children, and it only took him a few minutes to get over it, I knew the original story had changed. I was too unbelievable

Then:
        But it really jumped the shark when Devon VOLUNTEERED to be the donor. all for spoiled rich Abby. He's also never had a child.
        It was like what???? Especially since Devon turned down Hillary, just a few years earlier. Hillary was wanting to do the same thing as Abby, and needed his swimmers. Devon lectured her on how he'd never do something like that. But he couldn't run over to that mansion fast enough to offer them up for Abby..

So my theory is, in the haste of getting rid of Chance, they didn't have a plan, and at the last minute they thought they could still have a Chancellor child with Devon. But they forgot, or someone missed, that Devon wasn't really a Chancellor. I think they know now, but now they have to figure out a new plan.

So I'm interested in the story but in a "behind the scenes" sort of way, and watching it as a train wreck storyline.

I thought the worst story ever on Y&R was Kevin robbing banks as a chipmunk 🐿, he talked to that dumb looking chipmunk 🐿 for months. But this Baby story could take the cake. At this point I wouldn't be shocked if Mariah has been kidnapped by a chipmunk 🐿 , or a chipmunk switched the swimmers so Mariah gives birth to one. That's how off this story is to me. What a waste of a good set up and a returning legacy character. It's really a shame.

Comment

aussiegal87 I'd completely forgotten about Hillary asking Devon to be her donor. It is even more absurd that he'd turn down Hillary and a few years later run to Abby to volunteer being her donor.

So by this point they had angered many viewers, Teriah fans, and Devon acting way out of character.

I think your theory could be right. Devon was the only guy they could use, because Abby is related to Nick and Billy and Kyle and has no interactions with the other men on the show.

I wonder also if the Mariah kidnapping was not planned well in advance either, but was inserted to add some "drama" when it was apparent the surrogacy story was so widely unpopular. But this kidnapping plot has now made things worse.

When Mariah is finally rescued she's going to be alienated from Abby, Devon and even her own mother.

Comment

Originally posted by aussiegal87 View Post
            I was interested in Abby & Chance. They were a romantic, good looking couple, but since he left I don't care. I loved when they cast Chance. He was a handsome adventurous hero, Abby's best pairing, and the twist ---a friend to bad boy Adam & a mysterious past in Vegas. A big plus was the Chancellor mansion set was being well used again. It was the place Chance was born, and was once the home of his father and grandfather. So all the history was in place for a great story.

But whatever happened when the Chance actor was let go ruined the story. When all the sudden Chance couldn't father children, and it only took him a few minutes to get over it, I knew the original story had changed. I was too unbelievable

Then:

It was like what???? Especially since Devon turned down Hillary, just a few years earlier. Hillary was wanting to do the same thing as Abby, and needed his swimmers. Devon lectured her on how he'd never do something like that. But he couldn't run over to that mansion fast enough to offer them up for Abby..

So my theory is, in the haste of getting rid of Chance, they didn't have a plan, and at the last minute they thought they could still have a Chancellor child with Devon. But they forgot, or someone missed, that Devon wasn't really a Chancellor. I think they know now, but now they have to figure out a new plan.
            I really liked the DD in the role of Chance. The actor fit the character description while the recast for the wedding did not. I know the actor is MO husband but they were horrible together. Abby did nothing but giggle the whole time he was in the role and he did not give off the right character vibes.

I don’t know why the writers thought anyone would believe Devon’s sperm would make the baby a Chancellor. Tucker was not Phillip’s son so Devon by extension is not a Chancellor. Devon is a McCall. I don’t know the surrogate or sperm donor laws; does Chance have to adopt the baby? If so, this would make the baby a Chancellor.

Last edited by DallasGal; August 1, 2021, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• aussiegal87
              aussiegal87 commented
              Editing a comment
              Devon has way too many last names----but I would consider him:

1st). I would consider him a Hamilton 1st only because that's the name he chooses. I don't know where it came from, but it must mean something to him.

2nd). Winters would be close second, or even a tie, because it's the family who adopted him. The whole time on Y&R he has been a part of this family. It's always been who he is in GC. I see him as the head of the Winter's family now taking over for Neil. He named his company Hamilton-Winters so I think he feels both.

3rd). Hendricks from his biological grandfather Judge Arthur Hendricks. It's his bloodline/lineage if he's tracing back his bio-history

4th). I know Tucker was his biological father, but Mccall was either a name Tucker made up and liked, or it was from his adopted family which wasn't Devon's family. I can't remember. And Tucker didn't stick around after finding out Devon was his son, in fact it was the opposite, he left pretty quickly after finding out. Devon doesn't seem to have interest in taking his name or doing anything with him in business or family wise either. And the feeling must be mutual..

Not at all.... I find Mariah and Abby boring on a normal day and in most storylines so putting them in a storyline together was the kiss of death both are such dull characters and it’s hard to have empathy for either of these chicks honestly with how nasty both have been in the past with summer and some other characters that I could care less if they both got kidnapped and were never heard from again. Chance has potential but I’m not sure where they are going with this character and surrogacy storyline so it’s hard for me to care either way at this point about anyone involved.

Comment

No it do not interest me even more now that the writers have Mariah kidnapped by Stiche what a joke why would the writers bring another looney in when all the characters are looney to different levels.

Comment

Nope, not interested. But then again I liked Abby with Nate (sparkle was my nickname for them).

Comment

They definitely interest me more than Devon and Amanda.

Comment

Not at all! Chance and Abby were thrown together. No drama whatsoever other than some supposed mysterious friendship with Adam that was a huge flop. Chance has NEVER been exciting and to pair him with Abby who is a sub par character at best was snoozefest. Add Devon and you’ve got melatonin times 10000. Add Mariah Tessa and Nina and it’s times a million in boredom.

Comment

Once Donny Boaz was fired this story ceased to have any interest for me. Cannot stand spoiled, whiny, hovering, micromanaging, boring Abby.

Comment

Not liking it at all. Mariah as baby incubator was not a good idea, then they top it off with Devon as baby genetic donor whose going to be heavily involved in baby's life made it ridiculous.

This story needs a fast rewrite to bring some real drama. Either make the baby Devon and Mariahs or Mariah and Stitches or make it a bad dream by Abby and she wakes up pregnant with Chance beside her.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X