Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can Nate become Chief of surgery, when he can't even perform surgery?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can Nate become Chief of surgery, when he can't even perform surgery?

Maybe this was commented on before, but I just have to ask! And obviously, Stitch is lying, but how could the hospial make Nate chief when he can't even operate? Makes no sense to me.

It probably is an administration position. Doctors
    who retire from active surgery sometimes take on
    a job title such as this.

Comment

• footnie
      footnie commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay. Thanks. He's a bit young to retire, but I follow you. I suppose he was just so talented they want his leadership. I was really hoping his news was that he would be able to do surgery again!

This is odd. I'm an RN with minimal surgery experience however I do know that Chief of surgery is much more than supervisory. They attend surgeries and assist when and if needed. I have actually seen a chief of Surgery save a patient by stepping in when the attending made a boo boo.

Comment

• littleliz
      littleliz commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, Thank you it is not just an administrative job.

Chief of Surgery must have a great amount of and years of experience with surgical procedures. Makes very little sense. I don’t think a young man who can’t perform surgery would ever be Chief of Surgery. But it was just a plot vehicle to suggest that Stitch is lying.

Comment

On the soaps, we are constantly seeing people put in positions that leave us scratching our heads and saying “why” and “how”.

Comment

Whatever happened to the clinic Nate and Elena were supposed to run?They're always at CL drinking coffee;did something happen while i fell asleep watching these two?

Comment

Originally posted by Day 1 View Post
          Whatever happened to the clinic Nate and Elena were supposed to run?They're always at CL drinking coffee;did something happen while i fell asleep watching these two?
          First, perhaps we need to the remember that YR is NOT what some refer to the hospital show. Therefore there is NOT a fully functioning hospital set which is the center of a lot of drama and personal interactions. So, perhaps it's illogical to expect to see much of Elena and Nate at their workplaces.

The clinic still exists and is mentioned from time to time - as are their hospital shifts - thereby sustaining the connection that Nate and Elena both have to their careers.

In addition, SURPRISE! - doctors - like all other people - take breaks for coffee and meals!

And, while we're mentioning breaks, let's look at how much time all the other characters spend away from their businesses and careers. Most of their time is taken up personal activities and NOT careers. That's how it works on soaps!!

Comment

• caitie
            caitie commented
            Editing a comment
            Day 1. LOL. Even the hospital soap, GH, doesn't feature a cafeteria set. So it's unrealistic to suggest that YR, with its infrequent focus on medical stories, should have one.

Besides, we all know - or SHOULD know - that soaps operate on very limited budgets and, to save money, use sets like Crimson Lights. Society and the Grand Phoenix for a wide variety of personal interactions AND business and professional stories.

• Day 1
            Day 1 commented
            Editing a comment
            "infrequent medical stories"?
            Hospital set
            New clinic
            cast has doctors and nurses
            There's multiple stories requiring medical attention on Y&R regularly.Maybe you watch something else

• caitie
            caitie commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL. Yes, I also watch something else and that something is General Hospital where many more stories revolve around the hospital and where there are many more doctors and nurses. Doctors and nurses who are getting lead time in stories and incredibly much more air time than YR's two docs (three of now, but we don't know long Stitch will be around). A much more fully developed hospital set with regularly-seen parts like a permanent nurses station, patient rooms, offices, hallways, rooftop.

How often is YR's hospital set used? Very little.
            How long has it been since we've seen the clinic? For the record, it was last fall - coming up on a year soon. So it barely counts as a set anymore.
            Doctors and nurses? Which nurses? Three docs now, but one is, for now, temporary.
            Medical stories? Only when a YR lead has a medical issue (usually a Newman). Then we go weeks and weeks between seeing hospital sets until another lead has a medical crisis.

If Michael, a convicted felon, can be the DA, then Nate can be chief of surgery.

Comment

• SBT4171
            SBT4171 commented
            Editing a comment
            Excellent point!

• Nichole43119
            Nichole43119 commented
            Editing a comment
            Touche' 🤣🤣🤣

That's the 1st thing i said to my daughter when he said he was Chief of Surgery. lol It's ridiculous..Fwiw, when I was 18yrs, I had emergency surgery, the surgeon who operated on me was the Chief Surgeon.

Comment

There isn’t one universal operating model for all hospitals in the US. The head of surgery is an administrative role in some hospitals. The person oversees other surgeons but does not actually perform surgery him or herself.

Comment

Thank goodness someone has a post about this. They haven't dealt with Nate's hand for a while but
              I thought he couldn't do surgery. Will he just be in the operation room to tell someone else what to do?
              This is just crazy town to say he is chief. Then there is Stich saying he is chief. IDK.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X