Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theresa_Fan View Post

It's a lot of drama. If Adam/Sharon can happen, why not? Maybe Nick gets into a fight with Phyllis, runs into Sally and has a drink with her. They can argue over Summer, have hate sex and then Nick regrets it the next morning. It's a soap opera. I saw this on Twitter below

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ey-MJMFVcAAdLrh?format=jpg&name=small
    Not happening. As over protective as he is about Summer he isn’t going near Sally. Let her move on to other characters when all is said and done.

Also Nick doesn’t look like that anymore. Can we allow characters to grow and move forward? Nick seems to have moved past the cheating thing now that he is older and a bit wiser.

Comment

First off, this is a soap. There are going to hovering mothers that interfere constantly in their kids lives. That's what happens on a soap. IRL it doesnt work so well but it's a mainstay on a soap.

Secondly, on the clip, I was glad to see that Summer only mentioned Tara and left out Sally. Hopefully that will give Sally a little wiggle room so she doesnt go down with Tara and can at least hang around GC for a little bit longer.

Thirdly, Kyle and Summer are not, IMO, a great romantic couple. They have always felt like they are trying too hard to love each other. I think, in the end, it's best that they both just sail off into the sunset.

Comment

Originally posted by bronxgal View Post

Not happening. As over protective as he is about Summer he isn’t going near Sally. Let her move on to other characters when all is said and done.

Also Nick doesn’t look like that anymore. Can we allow characters to grow and move forward? Nick seems to have moved past the cheating thing now that he is older and a bit wiser.

Nick has moved on from cheating? He's not much older at all and no soap character is immune from cheating.

It's a soap opera: Anything can happen depending on a stroke of the pen. Y&R couples sadly always end in cheating 9 out of 10 times. This current phase of Nick and Phyllis will be no different, I am sure they have fans but they have a lot of people who don't like them as well. I see a lot of people online commenting on the potential of Nally. For the record, I don't think Nick will sleep with Sally but I think Phyllis and Jack will happen in a way.

Comment

• bronxgal
          bronxgal commented
          Editing a comment
          There are a lot of people who like Phyllis and Nick. I see some people who want Nick and Sally and there a lot who don’t. Characters can grow up and evolve,

I don’t want to see Nick stuck in his old way of doing things I like him as an adult. You may not want Nick to evolve I like it.

It is a soap opera. Not everything is set in stone. Nick and Phyllis may break up, if they do cheating may not be the cause,

After the way Jack went after Phyllis, I don’t need to see that dynamic or that relationship revisited. I don’t see Phyllis even thinking of Jack in that way right now.

End game couples aren’t a sure thing either.

Originally posted by CloverLeaf View Post
        Thirdly, Kyle and Summer are not, IMO, a great romantic couple. They have always felt like they are trying too hard to love each other. I think, in the end, it's best that they both just sail off into the sunset.
        I also agree. They look more like best friends who want to believe they should be together. But I do think Skyle is one of those endgame couples. They will have a long history!

Comment

Originally posted by bronxgal View Post

Or Nick doesn’t cheat and leaves the cheating stories for other couples.
          Eventually cheating happens. If certain fanbases have to endure cheating, why not others? When they broke up Shick last time, there was tons of outrage from fans on Twitter and social media even on FB/Instagram. It is what it is sadly.

Comment

• bronxgal
            bronxgal commented
            Editing a comment
            How many times does a couple do the same thing over and over before one or both characters grow up? Nick and Phyllis have done the cheating thing before, why repeat the cycle.

Why not move on to Billy and Lily or Victoria and Ashland or Kevin and Chloe etc. plenty of couples haven’t had their turn at bat yet.

I don’t see the entertainment value in breaking up a couple the same way multiple times.

• Theresa_Fan
            Theresa_Fan commented
            Editing a comment
            If other fanbases have to go through it, what makes any other couple more grown up? We all know Villy is eventually going to reunite, same with Shick, etc

There's a lot of behavior that happens on soaps that is OOC. I feel Jack is OOC right now for example.
          Oh yes, Jack acting so dumb right now is one reason why I'm ff through the Tara/Kyle/Harrison etc stuff. He and Kyle are dumb and dumber in this story. I love Jack, but not as he's currently being written..

But as I said, Nick cheating is right up his alley. I love Nick as well, despite the fact he has cheated several times. I could see a scenario where it happens with Sally, especially if it's after an evening of drinking.
          Last edited by cat_woman; August 2, 2021, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Nick has moved on from cheating? He's not much older at all and no soap character is immune from cheating.

It's a soap opera: Anything can happen depending on a stroke of the pen. Y&R couples sadly always end in cheating 9 out of 10 times. This current phase of Nick and Phyllis will be no different, I am sure they have fans but they have a lot of people who don't like them as well. I see a lot of people online commenting on the potential of Nally. For the record, I don't think Nick will sleep with Sally but I think Phyllis and Jack will happen in a way.
            Ewww besides the ick factor of Sally being only slightly older than Summer, Nicks oldest daughter ... she’s about the same age as both Mariah ( Sharon’s oldest and Cassies twin ) and Nicks little brother Adam.. so I definitely don’t want to see Nick with her for that reason but an even bigger reason is the fact that Sally has made it her mission to hurt Nicks daughter Summer and yes Nick is a serial cheater no matter how old he gets ... I agree but one thing he is consistent at is being a good father and sleeping with the woman who’s made it her mission to make his daughters life hell would be so out of character for Nick. Now Sally and Adam ? Yes... those two misfits I think would be great together!

Comment

Originally posted by Chima View Post

The other stories are boring in my view! I couldn't care less about Mariah, this baby stuff or who has her and why. The same goes for Amanda, her family drama or Devon. Adam, Sharon, Chelsea ect are also boring. The story involving Summer, Kyle, Tara, Sally, Phyllis and Phick is only what has be watching these days. When I realize they are not on I tune out and delete the episode.
              I total agree. I also like the Victoria/Ashland storyline.

Comment

• Chima
                Chima commented
                Editing a comment
                I am beginning to like Ashland and Victoria myself actually.

Soap opera ages are as OLD as show says they are.

Mariah is only 31 years old.

Her soapy age was established in a convo bt. Nick/Sharon last year on Mariah's 30th birthday.

Adam's age is 38/39 & that was established when the character was soras'd when he came 2 GC in 2011(I think it was)

Sally's age I'm not really sure because I don't always watch B&B.

I think sally is supposed 2 be close 2 Steffy's age...mid 30's.

Summer is 25/26 years old.

And, according 2 show they pretty much disregard the years the characters were actually born on screen.

Because Nick Newman & PC4 were both born months of each other in 1988/89 but somehow they are about 9-10 apart with NN being the older one.

But, Adam & NN are still about 7/8 years apart just like when they were born in 1988/1995.

Witness that neither Abby nor Kyle were soaras'd at the same time but they are supposed 2 both be in their 30's also.

Sure, Nick could easily fall into bed with sally it wouldn't even occur 2 him that she had hurt Summer if he was jonesing 4 a new bed buddy.

Nick is NOT a loyal kinda guy & remember how he & Summer both took TGVN's side in the whole marco raping Phyllis thingy!

And, NN would absolutely go 4 a YOUNGER woman especially since he already had one(Chelsea)
              Last edited by chandon1; August 3, 2021, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X