Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phyllis and Amanda -I'm glad she has her on board

Phyllis has pretty much burned all her bridges with gal pals in Genoa City. We all know why, and when. That is why I am so glad that Phyllis has Amanda on her side.
    Amanda is a smart lawyer, an intelligent woman, and a good investigator. She can take all of Phyllis' suspicions and evidence, and put them into perspective.
    Which she did at GP. She gives Phyllis gravitas. It makes this story juicier.

If this comes down to a case in court, would Amanda represent Phyllis? That would be the next sweet story.

Comment

Funny too because Amanda was friends with Billy but ultimately couldn’t take his reckless, self-destructive behavior. I see Phyllis much the same as Billy. May be fun to be around for a while in small doses but for how long before your ethical minded side says I can’t fo this any more, especially if you won’t take my legal advice.

Phyllis doesn’t see any ethical or legal lines. That’s been pretty clear.
      Last edited by TunerEyes; July 30, 2021, 09:09 PM.

Comment

I can't imagine it coming down to a case in court, but I am really enjoying the Phyllis/Amanda friendship. At first it didn't work for me, but I thought their scenes this week were great and would enjoy more of this.

Comment

Amanda coming on board adds a nice layer to the story. I like it when more characters mix-it-up in a story.

Comment

• Mermaid777
            Mermaid777 commented
            Editing a comment
            Was thinking the same thing. Very enjoyable.

I really, really like them as friends. Very nice combo who play off each other very well.

And Phyllis always needs a good professional person in her corner. It used to be Michael.

Comment

Agree! I like Amanda much more when she is interested and involved with something other than her own side story that has no relevance to the rest of the cast.
            Was refreshing to see her care about something else and mix it up a bit.

Comment

• Mermaid777
              Mermaid777 commented
              Editing a comment
              Totally agree. Every conversation for weeks and weeks has only been about her family drama. This is very refreshing.

I much prefer Hilary and Phyllis, this seems more like a forced friendship this time around. I also liked Gina and MM's chemistry a lot more.

Comment

It was nice to watch two beautiful, intelligent women converse about strategy and angles, rather than man drama all the time. I like it sometimes, but the conversation was frankly refreshing. Love the vibe between these two ladies.

Comment

• BlueberryJam
                BlueberryJam commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree. But I wish Amanda wasn't so much of a goodie two shoes when it comes to Phyllis, always judging what she does. I need her to embrace the crazy instead of resisting so much lol.
                Last edited by BlueberryJam; July 31, 2021, 01:44 PM.

• henyvo02
                henyvo02 commented
                Editing a comment
                It was Phyllis who did not want to get married not Nick 😂

• Soapfan54
                Soapfan54 commented
                Editing a comment
                TunerEyes Totally agree! It's tiresome...

henyvo02 Phyllis bought up marriage in her suite and Nick said he thought he'd/they'd "tried that enough times," or something to that effect. The expression on Phyllis' face said different. JMO

While it seems "friendship" is a stretch between these two ladies (I don't "feel" it), I do think that there is a point to Amanda suddenly/randomly being thrust into Phyllis' "quest," during this particular part of the story, offering legal advice I wonder if the writers are gonna throw a "twist" into this, by having Sally bring legal action against Phyllis? Sally even mentioned that she could sue. Oh, YES, please!!! Pretty, pretty pleeeeze!!!

Comment

• henyvo02
                henyvo02 commented
                Editing a comment
                Seriously TunerEyes you do not think Phyllis is smart enough to delete the video of course she is 😒

• Soapfan54
                Soapfan54 commented
                Editing a comment
                TunerEyes EXACTLY and ITA!!!

henyvo02 Nothing's permanently deleted in the "digital" universe!

• Rubythroat1
                Rubythroat1 commented
                Editing a comment
                @henyvo02--that is correct. I found out the hard way. Anything can be retrieved by a Pro IT person.

Just goes to prove that Phyllis is not smart or capable enough to handle those (two little girls as she calls them) on her own...she needs someone with some smarts to help her out, so now she has both Amanda and Nick as her helpmates, (not that Nick is too bright) but wouldn't you think the big mouth would be strong enough to handle those two on her own...geeze, all we have been hearing is Phyllis is going to take them down, well apparently she is not able too, without a brighter mind then hers to guide her along...Phyllis is floundering, losing her touch maybe in her old age...

Comment

• henyvo02
                henyvo02 commented
                Editing a comment
                Seriously Floundering in her old age she is 53 how is that old age and just because other people are coming on board to take the 2 snakes down does not mean she can not do it on her own she has not asked anybody to help her they are offering help.

• Soapfan54
                Soapfan54 commented
                Editing a comment
                bluenanny

Eh Amanda was looking at Phyllis like her head was spinning 360 degrees. I don’t feel friendship or besties between them. Seems they’re giving Sharon Elena to rant to and Red Amanda. Glad both AA’s have been given screen time away from the tiresome quad and go nowhere Richard SL.

Comment

Originally posted by TooFree4You View Post
                Eh Amanda was looking at Phyllis like her head was spinning 360 degrees. I don’t feel friendship or besties between them. Seems they’re giving Sharon Elena to rant to and Red Amanda. Glad both AA’s have been given screen time away from the tiresome quad and go nowhere Richard SL.
                I felt it with the GT's Phyllis and Hilary. They had fun scheming together and spent time in each other's home. Phyllis doesn't seem to care about Amanda unless she comes to her hotel. It doesn't seem like a real friendship. The show seems to lack genuine friendships and this is another problem with Y&R.

Comment

• BlueberryJam
                  BlueberryJam commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree. Amanda is always judgemental when it comes to Phyllis & trying to talk her down from the ledge instead of embracing who she is.

• DallasGal
                  DallasGal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Phyllis always turns the conversation to ask Amanda what is going on in her life. They have a good give and take on the lives.

And, Amanda should come into the hotel; she lives there. 😉

• AdamGotYourBack
                  AdamGotYourBack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Friendships are nonexistent on this show in its current state. People get together only tp scheme against or bas mouth others. I thought Adam and Chance were on their way to forging a genuine one, but JG trashed it in order Chance to become the insipid Abby's lovesick lapdog. Don't feel a genuine bond between Phyllis and Amanda now, but who knows if given time? The show could really benefit from some actual adult friendships, which is why I hope Adam and Nick will make it, too.

I have been missing seeing Amanda and Phyllis in any scenes. I’m so glad that got some 😁❤️

Comment

Originally posted by janesBydiction View Post
                  It was nice to watch two beautiful, intelligent women converse about strategy and angles, rather than man drama all the time. I like it sometimes, but the conversation was frankly refreshing. Love the vibe between these two ladies.
                  I know right. A scene with two women that passes the Brechdel test

I like their friendship and Amanda will question her but to make sure she is seeing another POV not to put her down.
                  Last edited by bronxgal; July 31, 2021, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X