• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TunerEyes
    Soap Addict
    • Dec 2014

Rey, so nice to have you back! NOT!

OMG Rey just comes home from the Chelsea assignment and bringing Connor with and first thing out of his mouth to Sharon is “He Does? You and Adam talked all the time?” as he tilts his head and gives her his “look” that always comes off cold and controlling. I felt so bad for Sharon, there with others and having to just stand there after that, looking for something nice to say to break the tension in the coffee house. I don’t know about Sharon but I wanted to send him packing right then and there. His empathy for Chelsea does make me think he will get it on with her at some point in the future. Maybe she’ll end up married yo him, turn into a black widow and take him out when she flips out again. Would serve him right.
  • AdamGotYourBack
    Day Player
    • Oct 2020

The best laugh I've had all week and your post is spot on. What a truly unlikeable character the self-righteous Rey has evolved into. I almost feel sorry for Sharon being married to this creep, but her own indecisiveness and need to live her life in order to please others has landed her in a truly bad spot. Yeah, Chelsea and Rey would wholeheartedly deserve one another.

Comment

• Day 1
      Board Regular
      • Jun 2007

I get that some don't like him and want Shadam, but he wasn't wrong, was he?Left her speechless because it was true.

Comment

• footnie
        footnie commented
        Editing a comment
        Rey has EVERY REASON to be suspicious. Sharon is pining away in her heart for the good old days with Bad Adam!!! And Rey is a detective. He knows how to pick up on that sort of thing. And why didn't Sharon run over and hug him and welcome him home after being gone so long? I guess covid still had a grip at CBS, and I guess with good reason. Other shows seem to get away with it.

• Shoelover
        Shoelover commented
        Editing a comment
        footnie, I agree! Whenever Adam’s name is mentioned, Sharon gets flustered & gets that guilty look on her face.

• Amethyst57
        Amethyst57 commented
        Editing a comment
        TunerEyes Even if the conversations were a few at a time, Sharon still lied to her husband. Sharon and Adam talked about their feelings, AGAIN for the umpteenth time. Sharon lied to Rey's face AGAIN about her conversations with Adam...making it seem like they "only" talked about Connor. Its funny how Adam only becomes interested in Sharon when he's alone/lonely and she's in a relationship. I could be wrong, but I have yet to see Adam want Sharon when she's single and free. When Sharon and Rey broke up the first time because of Adam, why didn't he profess his undying love for Sharon then, I mean she was free and all. All he did was screw her, sent her on merry way and started pining for Chelsea again. I say go ahead and put Sharon and Adam back together...he's just going to start pining for Chelsea again. If Rey and Chelsea happen to get together, Adam won't like it and will use Connor as a bargaining chip to get Chelsea back...the same thing he did when Chelsea and Nick were together. Sharon and Adam definitely won't last.
    • Frank52
      Board Regular
      • Oct 2013

Sharon never should have married this controlling creep. She was just lying to herself and trying to escape her feelings for Adam.

Comment

• Shoelover
        Shoelover commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, Sharon married Rey in hopes of proving to Adam she really loved Rey more than Adam. Yeah, right. ?. I wish it would eventually come out how she ran to Rey & proposed right after Adam told her how much he loved her.
    • Good Kitty
      Contract Poster
      • Jun 2015

For a woman her age and with her life experiences Sharon acts somewhat childish. I guess that’s what attracts men to her. I think Rey tries to be very patient with Sharon and tries to nudge her into acting more mature. But Rey is only human and at times he does get impatient with her behavior and then his frustration comes through. It’s unfortunate they married. Rey is a decent man and deserves better.
      Last edited by Good Kitty; July 30, 2021, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• zenmaster5
        zenmaster5 commented
        Editing a comment
        I so agree. Rey does try to be patient with Sharon and understanding, but Sharon just isn't being honest with her feelings here and that's unfortunate for Rey. I wished they never married because even though I think Sharon loves him, it's not enough to keep her mind off Adam who she really loves in my opinion. Rey is a decent man and definitely deserves better than Sharon. He deserves a woman who will love him completely who is honest with her feelings as well.

• RockinNwatchin
        RockinNwatchin commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I would call it impatient. A lot of people are intimated by questions, therefore they label Rey as controlling when all he is trying to do is get answers. Sharon is his wife and he has a right to ask, after all, Sharon has given him a reason to question her.
    • Rusti
      Board Regular
      • Jun 2013

I actually felt sorry for Sharon who was just trying to say something nice to a little boy about how much his Dad missed him. I've never been a real fan of Rey. He just comes across as angry most of the time. He hasn't seen his wife for a while but instead of acting happy to see her he has to act like a petulant child because Sharon mentioned Adam.

I can't say that Sharon hasn't given him reason to be jealous of Adam but it's guaranteed if he continues that behavior he will drive Sharon right back into Adam's arms.

Comment

• Mermaid777
        Mermaid777 commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel the same way about it. Sharon stood there like Um ok. I did something wrong again? Hate the two of them together. He brings her down.

• RockinNwatchin
        RockinNwatchin commented
        Editing a comment
        Sharon has given him a reason. Remember when Adam was hiding from the cops and she was in contact with him and Rey found out? So it's Sharon's behavior that's going to drive her back into the arms of Adam. And any one can see that Sharon wants to be with Adam and her husband is picking upon it. Rey is not bringing Sharon down, she's going to do that herself, lusting after Adam.
    • Lightdeb
      Board Regular
      • Sep 2013

They really need to move Sharon away from Ray. A mutual decision, a peaceful transition. Ray is needed for other matchup possibilities. Chloe and Kevin, Chelsea and Ray. They would be two couples with their work in common. Connor already likes Ray. Outta Adam's hair forever.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jan 2014

My greatest hope is that Rey can keep Adam OUT of Sharon's life. I really do not like to face Fast Forward on any part of the show. If Adam sleazes his way back into Sharon's
        consciousness or she gives in to his creepshow advances, FF is all I have.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
          Rubythroat1 commented
          Editing a comment
          @ Frank52--I propose that I do not watch Sharon and Adam so I won't find out!
          The simple answer.

• RockinNwatchin
          RockinNwatchin commented
          Editing a comment
          It's not Rey's job to keep Sharon out of Adam's life, when we know that Sharon really wants to be with Adam. Rey needs to let her go, and find him someone else.

• Rubythroat1
          Rubythroat1 commented
          Editing a comment
          OK, I'm outa here! LOL.
      • Lightdeb
        Board Regular
        • Sep 2013

Imagine having to have sex with somebody you don't want, night after night after night. Sharon can't even drink or smoke a little hootie to get through that being bipolar. Nick gets to have smoking hot relations with Red. Victoria and Ashland. Billy's lowdown self sexing up Lilly. Poor Sharon. Adam been celibate all year. Y&R y'all wrong for that.

Comment

• xoregonian
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Feb 2014

Why did they bring Rey back to have him immediately act so awful? He must have broken a record on how quickly he got accusatory toward Sharon about Adam. Good grief, do they want us to hate Rey even more?

Comment

• Mermaid777
            Mermaid777 commented
            Editing a comment
            Rey sure didn’t waste any time. But he was surprisingly cordial to Adam.
        • cat_woman
          Senior Board Member
          • Feb 2015

I like Rey, but he and Sharon need to break up. Zero chemistry for one thing. He returns and they don't even hug. There is NOTHING between them.

Don't want him to hook up with Chelsea either. That's just gross. Not sure who he's suited to, but certainly not Sharon. Maybe a new character will be introduced.

Comment

• janesBydiction
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            • Dec 2011

Probably time for Sharon to outgrow her childish, passive-aggressive ways and be more assertive about what she actually wants - and that is clearly Adam. Rey's intuition was spot on, as it usually is. However, it's also time for Rey to grow some dignity, while middle-aged Sharon finally stops acting like a teen. Faith seems much more grounded and mature than Sharon.

I don't think she ever wanted Rey, except for when he was with Mia. She's only into men when they're emotionally unavailable in some capacity for some reason.

Comment

• janetn
              janetn commented
              Editing a comment
              Rey's mistake was trusting and believing Sharon when she proposed and said her wedding vows. He told her that her feelings for Adam were more than wanting to help and that if she can't let him go the marriage was a mistake. He should have moved out and filed for divorce long ago. He deserves better than a woman who will never put him first. I'd like to see him tell Sharon to just admit she wants Adam and they can get a divorce and move on.

• WorldTurner
              WorldTurner commented
              Editing a comment
              I have to agree Faith seems more mature than Sharon. Clearly it is Adam Sharon wants but she uses Rey as her defense shield so it doesn't happen. She sounds and looks so phony when she pretends she is getting romantic with Rey. Rey needs to stop listening to her words and realize she doesn't mean them.
          • DebJN
            Board Regular
            • Oct 2019

Rey is too judgmental for me.

Comment

• lucario2000
              Board Regular
              • Aug 2014

Thank you, you made me laugh with the “NOT”! Boy
              that Rey is a real downer. He makes me want to see
              Sharon and Adam together.

Comment

• CincyLady
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by TunerEyes View Post
                OMG Rey just comes home from the Chelsea assignment and bringing Connor with and first thing out of his mouth to Sharon is “He Does? You and Adam talked all the time?” as he tilts his head and gives her his “look” that always comes off cold and controlling. I felt so bad for Sharon, there with others and having to just stand there after that, looking for something nice to say to break the tension in the coffee house. I don’t know about Sharon but I wanted to send him packing right then and there. His empathy for Chelsea does make me think he will get it on with her at some point in the future. Maybe she’ll end up married yo him, turn into a black widow and take him out when she flips out again. Would serve him right.
                I can't improve on this post - except to add the "looking down his nose expression" which is just an awful habit. Please just let Sharon and Rey break up and get him out of her life.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X