• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lulubee
    Board Regular
    • May 2021

Anyone feel bad for Sally?

I hated how they turned her from an ambitious and ballsy, sometimes sneaky fashionista to an evil, pathetic needy self sabotaging loser on B&B, and I hoped that in Y&R they would bring back the old Sally. I wanted her to wreak a little havoc but it’s sad that they just keep this girl as a pathological liar. Like she could make it just by her talent and wit and determination, plus her ability to win people over. But for some reason they keep her in this hole. It really frustrates me and makes me feel bad for the OLD Sally. I don’t get why they’re trying to make Kyle and Summer a couple of saints (GMAFB) and let them look down on her. I feel like she should have had interactions with the more mature cast. She’s not that young.
  • taramartin
    Soap Addict
    • Oct 2013

It is awful how they are using Sally. Summer and Kyle lied to each other and others frequently. Tara definitely lies. Isn't Phyllis being sneaky and breaking laws? Most of the cast lies, schemes and cheats but Sally is the one they want to hold accountable. The actress is really good but like the character she doesn't get much of a break.

Comment

• Lulubee
      Lulubee commented
      Editing a comment
      Just like Theo. I didn’t particularly like him but the guy was treat like garbage.

• taramartin
      taramartin commented
      Editing a comment
      You're right about Theo. I have to admit they made him pretty obnoxious in the very beginning but then we started to see the other parts of him - he wasn't bad but more of a gray character. Kyle was brutal to him and all the Abbotts were hateful to him. Ot mad me sour on the Abbott family big time.

• Anotherwoman
      Anotherwoman commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. Really sad for such a talented actress to see this happen.
  • CloverLeaf
    Scriptwriter
    • Jul 2017

I do feel sorry for Sally because she hasnt realized that she doesnt need to scheme and lie to get ahead. She can advance solely on her own talents.

Then she got involved with Tara not realizing that Tara is a worse schemer than she is. So, instead of having an ally, she now has weaponized viper who can bring her down.

As for her relationship with Jack, well, that's the price she has to pay for her insecurities and poor judgment.

But yeah, I feel sorry that she is messing up her life when all she had to do was be honest, tell the truth and rely on her own abilities. Tara, on the other hand, I have no sympathy for. She is so unlikeable.

Comment

• taramartin
      taramartin commented
      Editing a comment
      They seem to have brought Jack and Sally together again only so they could run the bus over her again.

• trish5460
      trish5460 commented
      Editing a comment
      taramartin I would love to be driving that bus and after I hit Sally the Snake I would go right after Tara.

• Old Boot
      Old Boot commented
      Editing a comment
      Totally agree with the OP. Hope they haven't made Sally irredeemable. Certainly other characters have done worse - almost all of them.
  • Texin
    Soap Addict
    • Aug 2008

Sally's reputation proceeded her into Genoa City and will eventually succeed her on her way out. Not that I'm suggesting the character is on her way out at this point. But I don't feel sorry for Sally. She's always asking for fair treatment and the she proceeds to connive and backstab people around her, then say everyone is treating her poorly and that she needs yet another chance. She is constantly scheming to get whatever it is she wants, which usually ends up hurting another person she wants to take something from. She's earned her bad rep.

Comment

• Lulubee
      Lulubee commented
      Editing a comment
      She wasn’t always that bad though and was re-written which is im why I’m sympathetic. She has a ton of potential and could have been half of a supercouple like three times. But it looks like someone woke up one day and said you know what let’s muddy this girl. We should have made her evil.

• trish5460
      trish5460 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lulubee Oh I watch B&B and used to sympathize with her back then. I liked her but since she has come to Genoa City she has transformed into a hateful scheming witch. I loved B&B Sally but not this sleazy snake.

• Lulubee
      Lulubee commented
      Editing a comment
      trish5460 that’s exactly the reason I have some sympathy for her. Because we viewers know that’s not how she really is. She changed so I think she can change back. But writers are not letting her do that. idk why they even brought her on Y&R.
  • JViv
    Board Regular
    • May 2009

I do. But I’m ready for her to put Jack behind her and get on with giving Phyllis a dose of her own behavior.

It would be great if Sally managed to sue Phyllis to the point she loses the Grand Phoenix. And Jack has to put hat in hand and plead with Sally to let it go.

I have long disliked Phyllis - but this is another play on the extortion plot that got her convicted and in an orange (definitely her color!) jumpsuit for months.

On occasion, the writers throw viewers a tiny bit of justice. Hope springs eternal.

Comment

• Soapfan54
      Soapfan54 commented
      Editing a comment
      JViv YES!!! ITA and just posted the same in another thread! Except for the part about Jack. She shouldn't back off, not even for him He'll just act like she's dirt, again...

• Anotherwoman
      Anotherwoman commented
      Editing a comment
      I would love for Sally to get a job with Chloe and Chelsea and then take Nick.

• Anotherwoman
      Anotherwoman commented
      Editing a comment
      I would love for Sally to get a job with Chloe and Chelsea and then take Nick.
  • bronxgal
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Jun 2005

I did for five minutes. She is talented and smart

But she is a compulsive liar with a complete lack of self-awareness who wants to play victim.

So no I don’t feel sorry for her.

Comment

• Lulubee
      Lulubee commented
      Editing a comment
      She wasn’t originally though. So I do feel bad. Because it seems like this is not the real Sally. Anyone who watched when she first arrived to the scene in LA would know.

• Mariko
      Mariko commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly! This doesn't make sense for her character at all, except for her pushing back when people go after her. (Which is exactly what Summer and Kyle did in the first place). She's just been screwed over time and time again since coming to GC.

• 1catlover3
      1catlover3 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a perfect description of Sally. Why I felt sorry for her is that she doesn't understand what she does is wrong. She came into town to run over anyone who got in her way and because it didn't work for her it's everyone else's fault. She doesn't seem to learn at all.
  • Theresa_Fan
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2007

Yes and a lot of us on social media. I hope Josh & his writing team is reading comments like this. Many of us love Sally and will continue to!

Comment

• karin2337
      karin2337 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sally is sneaky and manipulative. she really took Wyatt for a ride with her lies. She pretended to be dying to catch him.. Whats to stop her behavior again and again. If she stays on the show she doesn't need Jack, he is too old for her needs. I'd hate if they wound up together. I don't feel sorry for Sally one bit.

• Lulubee
      Lulubee commented
      Editing a comment
      Girl they probably do but probably do not care lol.
  • emilydaze
    Senior Board Member
    • May 2018

The only thing I might feel bad for her hasn't happened yet (but I didn't watch today's ep yet).

I'd feel sorry for Sally if she is blamed for being the one to post that video online of Ashland and Tara arguing in the park. It would be terrible if (for the first time) she gets blamed for something she didn't do. We pretty much know that Tara did that.

But (as Jack said), Sally has evaded, and deflected any questions that might incriminate her and refused to give satisfactory believable answers about so much, that it's hard to trust her or feel sorry for her. She's pretending to be the victim when she's the one who caused all the problems. She hasn't earned anyone's forgiveness. She's been scheming and plotting since day one.

So nope, don't feel sorry for her at all.

Comment

• Lulubee
      Lulubee commented
      Editing a comment
      Sally lost it after she experienced heartbreak several times on B&B and became this desperate conniving person. But I don’t think that’s how she is deep down. We’ve seen the original Sally. I am hoping that the writers of Y&R will let her love and be herself again. Maybe she needs to hit absolute rock bottom (several times in this case) to rise up again.
  • Restless soap
    Board Regular
    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by bronxgal View Post
    I did for five minutes. She is talented and smart

But she is a compulsive liar with a complete lack of self-awareness who wants to play victim.

So no I don’t feel sorry for her.
    Exactly this, her complete lack kf self awareness os what really irks me among other things. She complains about not being treated with fairness but she forgets she doesn't play fair either rather see herself as a victim.

Comment

• trish5460
      Day Player
      • May 2018

Why should anybody on God's green earth feel sorry for that snake?!!!

Comment

• Lulubee
        Lulubee commented
        Editing a comment
        Because of what I said in the original post. but if you don’t feel bad for her then that’s ok

• trish5460
        trish5460 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lulubee When she first came on B&B she was a thief. They they sort of redeemed her and I actually liked her. But the Sally that is on Y&R is hateful, a liar and will do anything to get what she wants.

• catster
        catster commented
        Editing a comment
        I have no clue.. everything coming her way she has earned.. Sally is trash and it needs to be thrown out.
    • TunerEyes
      Soap Addict
      • Dec 2014

Sally should have said to Phyllis “yeah I recommended to Eric Forrester that Summer would be a great fit for the Milan job because I thought she would be after I checked it out and apparently I was right. Sounds like they are very happy with her there and she clearly decided to take it even if it meant leaving Kyle here. So what?!”

Comment

• trish5460
        trish5460 commented
        Editing a comment
        TunerEyes Ummm, she only took it because Tara gave her no choice. Tara was using Harrison and Kyle's relationship to force Summer to leave. She out and out told Summer if she didn't leave she would make sure Kyle would never see his son again. So doesn't really seem like Summer had any other option if she really loved Kyle. What Summer did was selfless.

• Soapfan54
        Soapfan54 commented
        Editing a comment
        trish5460 Yeah, she had a choice and she chose it. She really did not wanna deal w/Kyle/his baby mama's drama, anyway. I'm hoping that Tara realizes that they are on to her, and get ghost w/little Harrison...
    • Day 1
      Board Regular
      • Jun 2007

Sorry for what?She's only caused grief for everyone because of her being selfish , believes her own lies and doesn't deserve sympathy from anyone on this show.I don't care about whatever she's done anywhere else.

Comment

• Lulubee
        Lulubee commented
        Editing a comment
        I said for what in the original post and several comments. but I get why you don’t like her.
    • kentucky
      Senior Board Member
      • Mar 2004

No, don't feel sorry for her. Phyllis, Summer, Kyle, etc. deserve what they get but lying, manipulative, backstabbing, sneaky Sally deserves sympathy? Why should she get a pass for her dirty deeds while others named here get called out about even the most insignificant things. Sally is Not innocent and being picked on. She's reaping what she sowed.

Comment

• kentucky
        kentucky commented
        Editing a comment
        I get your point, but keep in mind that not all YR viewers also watch BB so to some, this is the real Sally as she was introduced. I know she's a cross-over
        character who may have been different on BB. YR writers did not give much insight into Sally's full character on BB, only told us who she is now and that's how I'm judging her actions.
        Last edited by kentucky; July 30, 2021, 07:53 PM.

• catster
        catster commented
        Editing a comment
        This is the real Sally that we have seen on YR.. She has come in scheming since the beginning.. Sally is not a nice girl.. she is an interfering bully.

• Lulubee
        Lulubee commented
        Editing a comment
        kentucky right that makes perfect sense but that’s also adding to my point. All I’m saying is I wish they would let her get back to her original self. She was never perfect but she wasn’t this bad, and viewers like you only see the worst of her. Im only pointing to the fact that it isn’t truly who she is and wish people (viewers and characters on Y&R) could get that. That’s all.

And even if people never watch b&b, can we at least agree there are heinous double standards on this show? Like I said Kyle came to this show evil and insecure as can be but never got caught. And all the sudden he’s judging Theo for acting the same way he did initially and looking down on sally.
    • tosh
      Senior Board Member
      • Jul 2009

No i never feel bad for a fighter and that what Sally is, She maybe down soon but not out

Comment

• TunerEyes
        Soap Addict
        • Dec 2014

After Phyllis went to Lauren telling her to send Sally away, I’m sorry but if Sally was fed up with Phyllis’ interference in her business and personal life at that point I hold no grudges against her working to get Summer the job in Milan. Phyllis can never let anything go. Personally I saw this more as a move against Phyllis than Summer but it did kill two birds with one stone. However I think Sally was very happy and excelled in the position Lauren had created and promoted her to so Sally wasn’t hell bent on going after Summer’s job. There was no talk of wanting Summer’s job and Summer and Sally had pretty much come back to a truce thanks in part to Lauren reading them the riot act at work.

Phyllis deserves some payback for trying to ruin Sally’s life in GC. She’s gone to Jack, Lauren and even Tara bad mouthing Sally. Now she’s committing illegal acts against Sally and roping in Amanda to help her. Like I’ve said before human wrecking ball Phyllis is. She’s also one who is her worst enemy and quite honestly I think way, way worse and destructive than Sally. Whereas Sally cares about people, Phyllis doesn’t.
        Last edited by TunerEyes; July 30, 2021, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• catster
          catster commented
          Editing a comment
          Sally should have gone after Phyllis not her daughter.. but Sally is a coward and went after Summer instead of taking on the big kahuna.. Sally is a coward who deserves to lose it all. and yes Bronxgirl it is funny how Sally's misdeeds were left out.. LOL

• BlueberryJam
          BlueberryJam commented
          Editing a comment
          catster Now why would Sally go after that hotel clerk? Sally "went after" Summer because she wanted her job. Phyllis' job isn't appealing to her.

• BlueberryJam
          BlueberryJam commented
          Editing a comment
          bronxgal Well, let's not act like Tara was some hapless victim needing to be strong-armed. Sally picked up on the evil that was already inside of Tara. Tara didn't put up much of a fight & ended up being more evil than Sally herself.
          Last edited by BlueberryJam; July 31, 2021, 01:11 PM.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
      Working...
      X